• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Couples in Videogames

CorvoSol

the-legend-of-zelda-s2iezn.jpg

The best Link and Zelda pairing ever, in a tragically wasted game.

vVBZ2.jpg

Biggs and Wedge. Their love will never die.

They love each other so much they reincarnated repeatedly just to be with each other, doing what they love most: Getting in the way.

But
that was just a trick to get Link to love her so he'd want to save her and save the world in the process.

Which was probably one of the most manipulative and badass things in the entire series.

Anyway, my pick is:

Warrior of Light and Cosmos, Dissidia.

It's shamefully one-sided though. The poor guy is so devoted to her he's died somewhere along the lines of 11-12 times for her by the time the game begins. And she . . . really doesn't care. She's actually pretty into his arch-nemesis, though.

Jawmuncher

Personally this Couple is fucking garbage.
I honestly felt more between Chloe and Drake than with elena.
Not to mention the "Getting Together" in 3 was just a mess. Since it just feels like a game was missing between 2 and 3. Can't wait for the Vita game that actually fills that void in.
Also I forget her name but the girl in Golden Abyss is the best female for drake so far.

My 2 cents anyway

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I never really found any good romance in FF. Yeah, even FFIX felt more like a reverse Stockholm syndrome :p

Anyways

resonanceoffate5-1k5zk4.jpg

The couple is in there + their father figure

rufus-the-wiseguy.jpg

The couple is in there + some doting wizard

EulaCapra

So tempted to post Professor Layton and Luke, but crosses fingers that someone with even less boundaries will post a pic!

Shepard and Kaidan (no pic, just video)

Diddy and Dixie
DKduo_zpsdbb53f13.jpg

Joe and Sylvia
bfw-viewtiful-art2_zps77d00abb.jpg

Sakamoto and Melodrama
tumblr_m6yieopDs11rqodkbo1_500_zps80bb10b8.png

Ra\/en

I named Rinoa after my 13 year old crush at school. haha. So for pure nostalgia I vote for Squall and Rinoa.

How Bout Meryl and Snake?

TwinSnakes--article_image.jpg

CorvoSol

Best couple of all time, guys:

There is no Pokemon who has tapped even half as many other Pokemon as Ditto.

He is the KING PIMP.

MormaPope

Banned
You can't beat The Drakes but a close second:

FDNxQ.jpg

7nOkL.jpg

]

Honestly, if MGS4 revealed that Solid Snake and Otacon were lovers that would probably redeem MGS4's story in some ways. There are probably zero gay relationships in gaming, and a hero like Solid Snake being gay would be just as significant as the entire thematic twist in MGS2 as far as viewing iconic characters go.

Jawmuncher

Honestly, if MGS4 revealed that Solid Snake and Otacon were lovers that would probably redeem MGS4's story in some ways. There are probably zero gay relationships in gaming, and a hero like Solid Snake being gay would be just as significant as the entire thematic twist in MGS2 as far as viewing iconic characters go.

Im a big MGS fan and I wouldn't even mind that.
However if they did that, I'd want snake to be you know Not Old.

jaxword

Anyway, my pick is:

Warrior of Light and Cosmos, Dissidia.

It's shamefully one-sided though. The poor guy is so devoted to her he's died somewhere along the lines of 11-12 times for her by the time the game begins. And she . . . really doesn't care. She's actually pretty into his arch-nemesis, though.

So more like the best Friendzone in video games.

Ahasverus

1289911372095_f.jpg

You could feel the love in their dialogue and expressions. Truly alongside John Marston and wife the only VG couple that I've felt as real.

NinjaBoiX

Sorry to be boring, but it's gotta be Drake and Elena. I genuinely cared about them, and the ending to U2 truly warmed my cockles.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hell yeah, Junpei's got quite a catch there. Manipulative AND murderous.

Major spoiler there buddy, hahaha.

Anyways, anyone answering Alxy and Gordon in here (thank God IIRC there's only one person doing it) is crazy. Alxy falling in love with a pair of floating hands with guns is one of the most absurd and stupid "romance" stories in videogames of all time.

Also, Squall x Rinoa....... the way it happens I think was so abrupt. It's like one minute he was whatever with her and then all of a sudden he fell so madly in love with her... it's quite jarring.

Best couples hmm.......................... Link x Zelda from SS and Alex x Luna from Lunar.

HioSb.png

Fang + Vanille, Final Fantasy XIII. It's not *canon* necessarily, but I honestly think there's enough subtext there to reasonably interpret their relationship as romantic, and that, *if* they are a couple, it's easily the most understated and best handled out of all the FF relationships.

Also going to add a +1 to Luna/Alex and Feena/Justin.

Hell yeah, Junpei's got quite a catch there.
Manipulative AND murderous.
Hahaha, my thoughts exactly.

hteng

Banned
this thread is made for JRPGs

almost all couples from the tales series

Cress & Mint
Tales_of_Phantasia_SFC_boxart.jpg

Stahn & Rutee
Todps2cover.jpg

Kyle & Reala
Tod2cover.jpg

Reid & Farah
ToE_Cover.jpg

Lloyd & Collette
Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg

Veigue & CLAAAAAAAIREEEE!!
tales-of-rebirth.jpg

Senel & Shirley (though they are technically step siblings)
Cover_Legendia.jpg

Luke & Tear
Talesoftheabyss_us.jpg

Yuri & Estelle & maybe Flynn
Cast_of_Tales_of_Vesperia.jpg

didn't play the newer entries but i think they are pretty obvious

Top Bottom