• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best gaming headphones right now?

molnizzle

butwhy.gif

Probably for perfect blacks to blend in to the base.

I've been reading up on that one, it can actually have both Bluetooth and optical/3.5mm playing at once, so you could do true wireless voice chat on Switch (as long as your phone is in your pocket or something). I might buy one just for that...

bedlamite

The Siberia's OLED panel probably isn't something worth bragging about, but it most likely doesn't add very much to the overall cost of the headset so whatever.

If you were using a pulse elite, depending on where the snap happened, you might be able to secure it with some cheap black zip ties. I did this on mine and they're still going strong.

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h7qCI1gXl8

i only play xbox/ps4. i run all my stuff into my avr then to tv. my avr is denon x3300w. is using the headphone out from the AVR enough power? should i have something else feeding the headphones?

edit - have AT M50x

Arulan

i only play xbox/ps4. i run all my stuff into my avr then to tv. my avr is denon x3300w. is using the headphone out from the AVR enough power? should i have something else feeding the headphones?

edit - have AT M50x

You're fine. Those headphones are very easy to drive.

Step 1 is to ignore every single gamer-branded headset you see.

Step 2 is to get the best open-backed headphone you can afford from a brand such as Sennheiser, AKG, Beyerdynamic, Phillips, etc.

Step 3 is to get an amp if needed to drive the above.

Step 4 is to get a stand alone mic, either desktop or modular that can attach to the headphones.

If you want to be able to use them with the DS4 you can get an adapter on amazon that splits the single 3.5mm jack into dedicated ports for the headphones and a separate mic
How would a standalone mic work with say, a PS4 or Xbox One controller? Also, any recommendations?

ZOONAMI

These are $80 and are still pretty much the standard for studio recording. Very balanced sound. If you want something with extra bass these aren't for you, but they are excellent.

D3S_7666-1200.jpg

Sony Mdr-7506 on Amazon $80.

The controller is wireless and has all the connections for audio in/output. So the linked cable solves the problem just fine.

The sound from the controller is ass and kills any benefit of high end headphones. I should have stated my original question more clearly:

"For those of you recommending traditional headphones, how do you hook them up wirelessly to the PS4 without plugging into the controller?"

Lazlo

These are $80 and are still pretty much the standard for studio recording. Very balanced sound. If you want something with extra bass these aren't for you, but they are excellent.

D3S_7666-1200.jpg

Sony Mdr-7506 on Amazon $80.

Yup, use these myself. Same pair going on 15 years now

SamNW

I recently bought a pair of ATH-M40x headphones (per TheWireCutter's recommendation) and I'm how best to use them with my PS4.

I've been plugging them into my DualShock 4, but I know that's definitely not the best way to get the most out of them. I'm essentially wondering if anyone has a concise explanation of how to get the most out of my headphones, sound-wise, when playing on PS4.

Thanks!

Top Bottom