• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best racing game to buy this holiday? Forza 7, Project Cars 2 or Gran Turismo Sport

Rendition

I'm a big racing game fan, but don't want to buy multiple racing games this holiday. I read dozens of articles and previews. I still can't decide.

Which racing game is the best one to get? Forza 7, Project Cars 2 or Gran Turismo Sport

I enjoyed previous Gran Turismo games, Forza Horizon games, Project Gotham racing games, and Driveclub.

Which one would you pick and why, if you had to choose one?

Thanks, guys.

Kolx

Wait until all three release so we can compare'em better, but if I had to guess I'd say Forza 7.

Baleoce

Project Cars was a bit too rough around the edges for me. Hated the menu UI and something about the driving in general never sat right with me. Couple that with the Wii U shenanigans and I'm not gonna bother with the second game. Not played any Forzas and I don't have an Xbox One, and I also don't want to download it through the MS Store in Windows 10. So in all likelyhood I'll be trying Gran Turismo Sport.

Skyr

tenor.gif

inner-G

Banned
I'll prob get PC2 if any.

Don't want to support the online shift of GT nor the loot box shift of F7. (Even though the demo looked great on my PC)

If PC2 doesn't try to nickel and dime, I may buy it.

Forza Horizon 3.
Or maybe I'll just finish that. I bought Blizzard Mountain but never even got to it.

I'll prob get PC2 if any.

Don't want to support the online shift of GT nor the loot box shift of F7. (Even though the demo looked great on my PC)

If PC2 doesn't try to nickel and dime, I may buy it.

Or maybe I'll just finish that. I bought Blizzard Mountain but never even got to it.

Feel like loot boxes are a lesser evil than shipping a bug riddled game.

I'm betting this will be the result:

FM7 for more of the same Forza experience but more refined

GTSport: Best online, visuals, teaching driving. No proper campaign and a mediocre track list

PCARS 2: buggy experience, more motorsport oriented, best in terms of driving.

ghibli99

If limited to one, I already made my choice (Forza 7). I have GT Sport preordered, but will be watching reviews closely as we near the release date. I'm not convinced it's going to meet my career mode expectations, and if it's as bare-bones as I fear, I might bail out.

Edit: Refunded Forza 7 after thoroughly reading through the P2E thread. So disappointed. :(

GTs is a husk if it's former self, pcars2 is amateur hour and Forza 7 is 60$ free to play.

This is what its feeling like.

If you want online only. GT Sport
If you want a online and SP but both are kind of a hot mess get Project Cars
If you want a high quality game and a good balance of SP and Online but that feeling they tunned the game to get you to buy micro transactions and booster packs get Forza.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Just wait until Project Cars 2 gets a few more patches. If you are a motorsports fan, Project Cars will give you a great experience.

Joe White

Which racing game is the best one to get? Forza 7, Project Cars 2 or Gran Turismo Sport

My recommendation is FM7 > PC2 > GTS, because FM7 is great SP and our multiplat coop fun, PC2 is for VR-racing and GTS... actually, I don't have any need or use for GTS next to those two.

Rendition

This is what its feeling like.

If you want online only. GT Sport
If you want a online and SP but both are kind of a hot mess get Project Cars
If you want a high quality game and a good balance of SP and Online but that feeling they tunned the game to get you to buy micro transactions and booster packs get Forza.

Ugh. This was what I was afraid of.

I want a great online, great single-player racer, with great graphics, great game-play, and no microtransaction BS.

:(

GHG

Gold Member
I have a mid-range gaming PC and a PS4.

Honestly, if you haven't got it yet, get PCars 1. It can be had for about £6 these days and there's tons of content there that should keep you content while. If you like what you see then you can get PCars 2 later down the line.

If not, I'd recommend F1 2017 or Assetto Corsa.

Check out this review for F1 2017:

https://youtu.be/REgYuEhBdyY

Edit: and for what it's worth PCars 2 on the PC while it has a few issues to be ironed out, it's not a "hot mess". The console versions have a lot of issues though.

Forza's a stuttery mess and full of lootbox crates, PC2 is buggy as shit, and GT Sport appears to be sorely lacking in content and features.

For me the answer is none, I just grabbed Dirty Rally instead

thelastword

Banned
Just wait till October 17th or just after, it would mean all the racers you specified would be available.....I hear loot in racers is all the rage though; so if you're into that, I guess Forza 7 is a good pick....

ethomaz

Banned
I will buy GTS... it will be the last game I will buy this year.

Now about best racing game.... hummm after pCARs 2 and Forza 7 scores I guess GTS has a good chance to be over both (> 85 meta).

In terms of sales GTS will sell the most this holiday.

MizzouRah

It all depends on what you're looking for in a racing game. I've all the consoles, a gaming PC (with wheel and VR), and both of the released games.

Have a good PC and VR? Do you prefer a more nuanced (but still forgiving) simulator? Project Cars 2
Do you not care about care about a strong single player progression, but want excellent physics, VR support, and mod support? Asseto Corsa
Want a more casually accessible, but still fun experience with a controller that is gorgeous to look at? Forza 7
Unknown what GT Sport will bring to the table.

Also -- don't discredit F1 2017 this year. It's a pretty damn good racing game.

RossoneR

Banned
Dont know what ll be the best but i have had most fun with gts beta online...like ever in racing game. Which s strange cause i played online gt5 and forza on 360. Honestly i realised i dont care that much about racing cpu. Well i hope there ll be enough single player content for people who play it that way.

So that. Maybe forza down the line.

Synth

I will buy GTS... it will be the last game I will buy this year.

Now about best racing game.... hummm after pCARs 2 and Forza 7 scores I guess GTS has a good chance to be over both (> 85 meta).

In terms of sales GTS will sell the most this holiday.

Said this in the other thread, but there are like 5 reviews for Forza 7 on the two aggregate sites. Opencritic has it at 86 and Metacritic has it at 93...

I wouldn't say there's a notably high chance of GT Sport scoring higher, because GT has been < 85 meta since GT5 inclusive.. and that was when it was considered to be full of content.

watdaeff4

Do you prefer loot boxes, bugs, or lack of single player content?

Pretty much.

Out of the lesser of all those issues, I'm going with GT Sport unless the reviews say the core gameplay sucks as well: which I doubt to be the case.

A poster here in this very thread recommended F1 to me and I'll probably get that for my SP fix

Top Bottom