• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best racing game to buy this holiday? Forza 7, Project Cars 2 or Gran Turismo Sport

Rendition

Slim-to-none chance of official support, but SMS unofficially are OK with mods and there are backdoor workarounds in pCARS 1, albeit ones that require much hoop-jumping. It's nowhere near as easy as drag-and-drop modding in Assetto Corsa, for example.

Actually OP, your best bet right now is Assetto Corsa. It runs great, has class-leading AI, FFB and car handling. After several patches Project Cars 2 will hopefully realise its potential to be one of the best motorsport games ever made, but right now Assetto Corsa could be your best option.

Does Assetto Corsa still have a decent online community? Which one is bigger: PC or PS4?

Qwyjibo

I have a PC and PS4 Pro and I'm going to go with GT Sport.

I love Forza Horizon 3 but the stories about Forza 7's microtransactions are totally putting me off spending any money on that. Project Cars 2 seems like a game that I'll try later in its life cycle when it's heavily discounted.

People recommending the follow up to one of the worst AAA racing games of all time (NFS 2015) to the other 3. I'd love to have whatever drugs they're on.

It's too early to make a call on Gran Turismo Sport, because it's a completely novel concept in the console space (effectively an online-only racer). It could be amazing, or it could be terrible. Need to wait and see.

Project Cars 2 might end up being good one day, but as it currently stands the console versions of it simply aren't finished. My advice would be to wait 6 months on that one and see if they finish it.

I don't own a PC or Xbox so can't comment on Forza, other than hearing bad things about loot boxes, and it having a more arcade feel than previous instalments. People can tend to blow things like that completely out of proportion though, so best to do your own research.

danowat

Banned
Project Cars 2 is probably the best, at least in terms of scope, just a shame it's wrapped up in such a shitty buggy package, makes it impossible to recommend on console.

Forza 7 is just more of the same really, same positives and most of the same negatives, so if you like Forza you'd probably like 7,loot crates are a bit scummy though.

GTS will depend on how much you like online racing.

Take your pick, Forza is probably the safest bet, considering it actually works and there is a reasonable amount of single player content.

I will buy GTS... it will be the last game I will buy this year.

Now about best racing game.... hummm after pCARs 2 and Forza 7 scores I guess GTS has a good chance to be over both (> 85 meta).

In terms of sales GTS will sell the most this holiday.

Well if you are a PS4 player mostly then yes, GT Sport is likely your best bet. As for everyone else I doubt they care more about how well a game sells than how it plays and what it offers. The last Gran Turismo that scored 85 or above on meta goes all the way back to GT4. It will be interesting to see how generous they are this time around considering it's a stripped down version that's mainly all about racing online.

Forza 7 looks to be much about the same as past games but I am having a great time with PC2 on the pc.

If you have a gaming PC, go with Forza 7.

If you have an Xbox, go with Forza 7.

If you have a PS4, go with Project Cars 2. Hell Project Cars 2 is a good choice on the other platforms too.

Avoid GTS unless you give a toss about online gaming. You'll need PS Plus to get to the main meat of the game too.

Best wishes.

IISANDERII

How does Forza 7 online multiplayer compare to Gran Turismo online (for those that tried the beta)?
GTS beta was amazing for the fact it grouped you with similar styles. If you're a clean racer, you'd race with other clean racers. If you're more into bumper cars, you'd get into a race that basically turned into a destruction derby.

The game was incredibly smooth despite it always saying my ping was nearly 60. The racing itself with other players was really enjoyable, fair, close and I'm really looking forward to retail.
The full game is supposed to be online focused as well.

Haven't played F7 but I've read that it's pretty basic but somebody from T10(apparently) on GTPLANET said that more hoppers will be added in a later update.

jryeje29

Gonna be passing on the latest gran Turismo after owning and loving every game since 3 but this game just sounds like the exact opposite of why I loved the series. Forza has been getting better every year so I'll probably pick that up but they've never been the gt replacement for me.

Rendition

For those that played the Gran Turismo Sport beta and Forza 7. How do the graphics compare? Which one is better and by how much?

Thanks.

Top Bottom