• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Rogue Galleries in Fiction

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My favorites (Batman, Spider-man, Rurouni Kenshin, Akatsuki) have been mentioned, but I'd like to give a shoutout to Mega Man X for having a great set of bosses in every game.

name names

also the beauty of the lower tier villains in spidey's rogues gallery is that they're treated as such and it's great. I mean, I did refer to some of them as "b-tier jabronis" after all.

(here's another shameless plug of the superior foes of spider man)

That's true for Batman as well.

"Kite Man!"

Tinkerer, Smythe, Hammerhead, Mr Negative (never heard of him) are nobodies, and it's not like Mysterio, Hydro-Man, and Rhino are people to crow about.

I like Spider-Man's rogues a lot! But you're elevating low-tier guys on you list and denigrating some of Batman's to make your argument.

phanphare

Banned
Tinkerer, Smythe, Hammerhead, Mr Negative (never heard of him) are nobodies, and it's not like Mysterio, Hydro-Man, and Rhino are people to crow about.

no disrespect intended to you but if these are your views then this discussion doesn't really have a path forward

I will say that the reason you've never heard of mr. negative is because he's newer but he's great. might even be in the new spider man game for PS4 if the first trailer is indicative of what's in the game.

Like I said, I love the low-tier guys. But let's not pretend that Smythe and the spider-slayers are not Z-listers.

Personally, I'm quite fond of the Enforcers. But I'm not putting them on a list to make a case.

Kaji AF16

Saint Seiya, without a doubt. It presents progressively more powerful opponents, of increasingly complex designs, through each saga.. and all contained within a Hypermyth which combines multiple mythologies, legends and religions.

I can´t even think of another fiction which contains a rogue gallery strong enough to overshadow the legendary Gold Saints alone.

no disrespect intended to you but if these are your views then this discussion doesn't really have a path forward

I will say that the reason you've never heard of mr. negative is because he's newer but he's great. might even be in the new spider man game for PS4 if the first trailer is indicative of what's in the game.

The only people who will have heard of any of these villains is someone with a Spider-Man avatar. To pretend that your list of random names can compare with Batman's cast is the talk of a crazy person.

Top Bottom