• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best roguelike on the DS - New official thread of you will buy Shiren DS

Yep, my biggest tip that I also constantly forget to adhere to is to die with little to nothing in your possession. The deaths where you can review your stash and regret all the nifty goodies are the hardest to take, though fun and educational in their own way.

When I fought the last boss in the story, and won, it was with a junk weapon, shield, out of all healing items, and pretty much a barren inventory. I even threw my empty useful pots at him in a desperate bids for extra damage! SATISFYING VICTORY.

Mazre

Weird timing on the thread bump, just as I clear Final Puzzle for the first time. Previous attempt at Final Puzzle ended at Floor 97.

Final Puzzle clear stats
Lvl 50
313 HP
41k Gitans
9.2 million pts

+23 Mastersword with about 7-8 enhancements
+21 Windshield w/ pretty much everything but spike/food

249 Hours total play time
and 643 adventures

And I still have stuff left to do in this game...just ridiculous. The 30 floors of table mountain is really just training for the rest of the game.

Best advice other than make use of your inventory is also don't be afraid to try things you think might not work, and there almost always some use for every item (even if it is an extremely limited one).

mattso

I'm tempted to pop this bad boy in but I already have so much to play for the ds. I beat table mountain this summer and then only attempted some of the other dungeons a few times.

Freak

This thread deliveres :D
This sounds awesome, ive ordered it today off play.com for under £8. cant belive how this one slipped through the net. I love me some roguelike action and have been playing quite a few homebrew varients as research in a possible future project myself :D

rpmurphy

It's been a while, but I recently repurchased the game -- I had sold it and and my DSL a long time ago. Still got it going and beat Table Mountain and the Tainted Insect on my first run! I started with some inventory gained from Fay's Puzzles though.

If anyone else is still playing and needs rescuing (only can do Table Mountain ones at the moment), I should be able to. I'm going through the Food Dungeon now to try to get a Bufu's Cleaver to meld into my equipment for the other dungeons.

EDIT: BTW, I'll be getting PMD: Explorers of Sky when it comes out, so I'll be able to help there as well, although rescues in that game are really not as necessary.

Top Bottom