• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Title Screens of All Time (Of all time!!)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
90887-metroid-prime-2-echoes-gamecube-screenshot-title-screens.png

In my opinion, the entire boot-up sequence on Metroid Prime 2 is better than the original Metroid Prime, and probably my favorite title sequence in a game, ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_9GBVc18Mk

burgerdog

Shit, I youtubed the xenoblade title screen. I should have waited to see it when it gets released in a few months. Amazing.

Been said before, needs to be said again: Brutal fuckin' Legend. The game may not have delivered to it's fullest potential, but god damn that title screen is godlike. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw it.

Rapstah

This one appears during the chapter Route Kanal in Half-Life 2:

Background_chopper_canals.jpg

It's active, like all the backgrounds in the game. Essentially the chopper flies by and all the bottles and boxes in the water below it are blown away by the wind from the rotors, all simulated by the physics engine. I restarted the game like three times the first time I got this one just to see it again.

Funnily, I later checked the source file out in the map editor, and it's all faked. The props are moving because of scripted physics explosions and are just timed to go along with the helicopter. Not that it matters, all choppers in the game move along a scripted set path to some degree, but it wasn't quite as cool as I thought that first time.

Krentist

Neo Member
Maybe it's just my nostalgia, but the intro music mixed with the dragon head always made the VGA Quest for Glory screen feel epic to me:
9hxao.jpg

Neiteio

Heavy Rain's pre-patch title screen was tops, with the alley in the rain. I think it's a Dynamic Theme now on PSN.

Top Bottom