• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda E3 showcase confirmed for June 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

I'll take Dishonored 2 DLC, Evil Within 2, the new Wolfenstein, and zero games actually developed by Bethesda please. :p

Ahasverus

They haven't even started work on Elder Scrolls. Both Pete and Matt have been very clear about the fact they're working on two new IPs instead.
Ask me why that changes the fact that the wait is painful.

BTW, they ARE working on TES VI. Howard confirmed it. Only that the others were coming first.

Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein 2
Quake Test 5
Fallout 4 VR / Scorpio
Prey
A random moble game

That seems about on par with previous years

I think even a teaser for Elder Scrolls VI is extremely hopeful. Considering they're working on 3 projects (or however many). There's a reason they are miling Skyrim as musch as possible with the SE and Switch, Elder Scrolls VI is a long way out. I'm thinking 2019 at the earliest.

That being said:

Summerset Isles

Hopefully Sony is Monday and Nintendo Tuesday. I like that they're spread out. Having them all on the same day at one point was crazy!
Nah, let's get them all on the weekend. It's insane that these events - essentially public broadcasts intended for mass viewing - are traditionally done on days where most viewers are at school/work.

OmegaDL50

If they don't announce TES:VI, I honestly won't give a shit.

If Elder Scrolls VI is announced even though it's unlikely, where would it even take place.

elderscrolls-process-1.jpg

ES1 was technically everywhere but so small in scale though, ES2 was Daggerfall. Which is apparently a city on the peninsula of High Rock. Morrowind was obviously Morrowind, and Oblivion took place in Cyrodiil.

Skyrim is self explanatory.

So that leaves Hammerfell (Redguard folks according to in-game lore are like Carribean Pirates with Persian influences), Valenwood (Carnivorous Wood Elves that live in forests), Elsweyr (Khajiit which are Cat People that live in a Desert), Argonia (Marshlands, Swamps, and Lizard People), and Summerset Isles (High Elves / Thalmor, Ayleid Architecture in abundance most likely)

A curve ball would be for Elderscrolls VI to take place outside of Tamriel...like somewhere in Akavir.

The Akavir raiders in terms of their weapons and armor are basically the ES equivalent of the Japanese Samurai.

I think the Summerset Isles or Hammerfell seems like the most interesting locales just from the setting standpoint based on their descriptions at least.

I mean the Pirate and Persian-like motif just sounds exotic.

Ahasverus

An Akavir ES would be the shit, but given that Skyrim ended on a semi cliffhanger about the Thalrmor, it's possible the next one is Sumerset Isles and/or Cyrodrill.

I hate TESO for halting the production of the main series, but in my heart I hope they might be waiting for it to feature the whole of Tamriel to reuse the map in TESVI

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If Elder Scrolls VI is announced even though it's unlikely, where would it even take place.

ES1 was technically everywhere but so small in scale though, ES2 was Daggerfall. Which is apparently a city on the peninsula of High Rock. Morrowind was obviously Morrowind, and Oblivion took place in Cyrodiil.

Daggerfall took place in most of High Rock and the Northern & Western parts of Hammerfell. Daggerfall was just a central location to the plot. That said, Daggerfall's areas are very samey due to the number of locations and procedurally generated nature of them.

And Morrowind only took place in the center island, Vvardenfell.

BTW, they ARE working on TES VI. Howard confirmed it. Only that the others were coming first.
Oh believe me, I'm waiting for it as well. I enjoyed Skyrim a ton (and currently playing through the SE on Xbox One) but I just don't see them talking about it/teasing it until next year at the earliest. Not easy for me either.

I don't see a new ES being announced but perhaps, considering the shows popularity since they first declined working on a Game of Thrones game and opted to do Skyrim instead, maybe? One can dream...

Buckle

They made it sound like their next big Fallout or TES style project would be neither of those.

Curious if they'll show something thats in a similar vein but a whole new franchise/series.

Buckle

New Elder Scrolls perhaps for current gen perhaps?
As a Fallout fan who nearly died waiting for 4 news, I caution against expecting to see anything in the next two-three years.

Only madness lies that way. We're going to be waiting a long time for a new TES.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Greatly anticipating Wolfenstein: The New Colossus.

THE EVIL WITHIN 2 OR RIOT
I know I've said that every year since the game launched and never actually rioted, hush.

Starfield

That new AAA Game they've talked about

yeah it's actually...

Knac2.jpg

co-developed by BGS

Knack is back bay-beh!

probably not though

Sotha_Sil

BGS and Arkane have had moments to shine, now it's MachineGames and Tango's turn.

Odd that they are releasing Prey and TESO: Morrowind the month before E3. Both games could probably use a little extra exposure before going to market.

Syf

Banned
Super hyped for Wolfenstein. Haven't been a fan of the stuff BGS has put out for years though, so I've got tempered expectations overall.

Byvar

Did the Skyrim remaster sell? If so I guess we could see another TES (or Fallout 3) remaster from BGS's Montreal studio (who only developed Fallout Shelter and Skyrim remastered so far AFAIK).
Probably nothing from BGS apart from that.

They haven't sized up though, He gave a talk recently (he came to my campus) and they are only a little over 100 people. No idea how this is going to work out as even one project at a time took them fucking forever.

Early? EARLY? Skyrim is as old as Oblivion was when Skyrim released.
Yeah but Bethesda have also said they're working on a new IP, so I don't think it's fair to expect the same timeframe

Wolfenstein and Quake Champions are the obvious ones, and I'm sure they talk a lot about the Morrowind expansion for ESO. Maybe a Tango announcement? It's been long enough. Maybe an update on that Elder Scrolls card game too

I wouldn't expect *anything* TES VI related or even anything about their new IP

ESVI - In Unreal Engine 4
jk they build another layer on top of their garbo engine
Gamebryo is still better suited for an Elder Scrolls game than Unreal ever will be. Creation Engine does stuff UE just can't

joecanada

I hope they show a new engine. Loved my time with fallout, ES , but man that tech looked a bit worn on fallout 4.

RPGamer92

Banned

So that leaves Hammerfell (Redguard folks according to in-game lore are like Carribean Pirates with Persian influences), Valenwood (Carnivorous Wood Elves that live in forests), Elsweyr (Khajiit which are Cat People that live in a Desert), Argonia (Marshlands, Swamps, and Lizard People), and Summerset Isles (High Elves / Thalmor, Ayleid Architecture in abundance most likely)

A curve ball would be for Elderscrolls VI to take place outside of Tamriel...like somewhere in Akavir.

The Akavir raiders in terms of their weapons and armor are basically the ES equivalent of the Japanese Samurai.

I think the Summerset Isles or Hammerfell seems like the most interesting locales just from the setting standpoint based on their descriptions at least.

I mean the Pirate and Persian-like motif just sounds exotic.
Hammerfell. They have curved sword, curved sword.

AmyS

Early? EARLY? Skyrim is as old as Oblivion was when Skyrim released.

They haven't even started work on Elder Scrolls. Both Pete and Matt have been very clear about the fact they're working on two new IPs instead.

It's in development but I wouldn't expect Elder Scrolls VI until 2020 -- and for next-gen consoles like PS5 and a future Xbox. It's a long ways off.

ironcreed

Banned
It's going on six years since Skyrim, so hopefully we hear something about TES VI. A new Wolfenstein would also be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom