• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda unveiling Tango's Zwei tomorrow on IGN via teaser trailer at 5 AM PST

Bethesda's teaser is for...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbre

jGAt475S1M8H3.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
History dictates the....eh, just toss in a Metal Gear Solid quote.

EDIT: The only evidence that points me to this being Zwei instead of Wolfenstein is that it's getting a ign debut instead of GameInformer.

Actually I think that kind of favors Wolfenstein.

A new IP is going to have the hardest time attracting attention, so giving it a Game Informer cover can be helpful a la Rage and Dishonored.

Wolfenstein can probably garner clicks on IGN just from the brand name, even if it has faded a lot over the years.

Wolfenstein makes sense if you look at recent events and resumes

But those teasers don't give me any Wolfenstein vibe at all - unless it is a reboot

A horror focused WOlfenstein all about brutal nazi doctor experimentation and the occult?

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME

Team Wolfenstein all the way

Nibel

Is there a audience for a Wolfenstein game? I mean RTCW and Enemy Territory are classics, no doubt, but the 2009 reboot was horrible in my opinion and didn't have any of the mojo that made RTCW what it is

And if I remember correctly, the numbers were bad, too? Have to look that up

Izick

Actually I think that kind of favors Wolfenstein.

A new IP is going to have the hardest time attracting attention, so giving it a Game Informer cover can be helpful a la Rage and Dishonored.

Wolfenstein can probably garner clicks on IGN just from the brand name, even if it has faded a lot over the years.

See, I figured it because Bethesda usually debuts their new games through GameInformer, and that a new Wolfenstein would be big enough in brand-name to be a semi-big deal for GameInfromer, definitely cover-story worthy. Ign is still a huge site, but it doesn't reach the amount of people that GameInformer does, and I'm not sure if it would be big enough for GameInformer to use it as a cover story.

Now before anyone freaks out, I'm not saying that it's not going to be a HUGE game, or that Shinji isn't relevant, I'm just saying that Wolfenstein still holds a lot of water in the industry, and it is something I could see GameInformer put on a cover without hesitation.

EDIT: How was that new Wolfenstein game by the way? Worth checking out?

Linkhero1

I would think they'd hold out showing Fallout 4 until MS reveals their next console. It seems this game will most likely be release for 360/PS3/PC. If it's not a cross-generational game, then I would like to think it's ZWEI.

Izick

Also I don't really care which game it is, because it doesn't stop the other from being announced at E3 or later on.

sflufan

Banned
Is there a audience for a Wolfenstein game? I mean RTCW and Enemy Territory are classics, no doubt, but the 2009 reboot was horrible in my opinion and didn't have any of the mojo that made RTCW what it is

And if I remember correctly, the numbers were bad, too? Have to look that up

No, you're quite correct -- the 2009 Raven game was a commercial flop.

There really isn't an audience for a Wolfenstein title in this day and age.

Hindle

Banned
What other games are Besthesda and thier partners known to be working on? It's highly likely it will be Zwei or Wolfenstien but you never know.

Apart from the obvious Fallout and Elder Scrolls

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What other games are Besthesda and thier partners known to be working on? It's highly likely it will be Zwei or Wolfenstien but you never know.

Apart from the obvious Fallout and Elder Scrolls

Arkane: Dishonored 2 (presumed)
Bethesda: Fallout 4 (presumed)
ZeniMax Online: The Elder Scrolls Online
MachinesGames: Wolfenstein
Tango: Zwei
BattleCry: I think this is Starfield, but it might be Quake. Whatever it is, it's an f2p competitive multiplayer action/shooter game.
id: Doom 4 (this is in development hell)

I don't think they have any other projects from owned studios, but they could be publishing someone else.

DaBuddaDa

Arkane: Dishonored 2 (presumed)
Bethesda: Fallout 4 (presumed)
ZeniMax Online: The Elder Scrolls Online
MachinesGames: Wolfenstein
Tango: Zwei
BattleCry: I think this is Starfield, but it might be Quake. Whatever it is, it's an f2p competitive multiplayer action/shooter game.
id: Doom 4 (this is in development hell)

Prey 2?

Anteater

See, I figured it because Bethesda usually debuts their new games through GameInformer, and that a new Wolfenstein would be big enough in brand-name to be a semi-big deal for GameInfromer, definitely cover-story worthy. Ign is still a huge site, but it doesn't reach the amount of people that GameInformer does, and I'm not sure if it would be big enough for GameInformer to use it as a cover story.

Yea, I think Wolfenstein seem more likely to get a cover, it's a pretty big name. As for the sequel vs new IP point, Prey 2 had a cover too right?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'll go with Wolfenstein.

well some lead lefts but HH helped on both Bioshock infinite and Defence.

if not HH I think Arkane may be able to complete the job.

They're like 35 or so people at this point IIRC.

I think contract work is about all they can handle unless Prey 2 has turned into a downloadable title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom