• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda/ZeniMax puts up new teaser - [Up2: New Teaser]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

Guessing this is a publish game and then they "blow us away" with Fallout 4 at Microsoft's Nextbox unveil or E3.

FoneBone

I'm kind of surprised this is happening, honestly. The Raven game bombed not that long ago, and I don't think the IP has much of any pull these days.

GavinGT

Banned
I suspect that ZeniMax will view it as a much bigger project than Activision did.

It strikes me as even riskier to put a lot of money behind this.

But as long as the advertising budget is proportional to the development budget, I suppose that would be an improvement over Activision's handling of it.

RPGCrazied

I hope its Fallout 4, between that and elder scrolls that is all I like from them. Since Skyrim really isn't that old, it will be awhile before the next game comes out. And no the MMO doesn't count.

Zabant

My reaction when thread up, then it probably being wolfenstein.
tumblr_lta3b1KmAv1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is it possible that machinegames is making wolfestein while bethesda(or part of it) is working on something else?

Okay so I should make a note here.

ZeniMax Media/Bethesda Softworks: This is the company that publishes all of ZeniMax's games.
Bethedsa Game Studios: This is the development studio that makes Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

The Bethesda in the title refers to Bethesda Softworks, not Bethesda Game Studios.

Machinegames is believed to be making Wolfenstein on a modified version of id tech 5. They're based in Sweden and were founded by some of the senior staff from Starbreeze who left prior to Syndicate.

Bethesda Game Studios presumably has nothing to do with the game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Okay so I should make a note here.

ZeniMax Media/Bethesda Softworks: This is the company that publishes all of ZeniMax's games.
Bethedsa Game Studios: This is the development studio that makes Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

The Bethesda in the title refers to Bethesda Softworks, not Bethesda Game Studios.

Machinegames is believed to be making Wolfenstein on a modified version of id tech 5. They're based in Sweden and were founded by some of the senior staff from Starbreeze who left prior to Syndicate.

Thanks, now it's clear :)

Angry Fork

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was the shiiiiiit on PC, it would be awesome if they made a new free to play one and then like TF2 had optional cosmetic items for sale. I would definitely try it out, but only if it kept the depth of Return, with multiple classes different gameplay styles etc. If it's just 1 soldier with a bunch of different guns, no medics, no engineers etc. I'm not interested.

Well that's all kinds of disappointing :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
for Zenimax studios I think it's something like this now

Bethesda Game Studios = Fallout4.
id Software = Doom 4.
Arkane Studios = Dishonored 2 or Prey 2( since HH seems to moved from that project)and Arkane got 2 studios.
MachineGames =Wolfenstein.
Tango Gameworks = Project Zwei.
ZeniMax Online Studios =TES MMO.

Fallout4,Doom4 and Dishonored 2 for next gen system while Project Zwei and Wolfenstein for PCPS360.

Well that's all kinds of disappointing :(

Machinegame guys worked on The Darkness and Riddick so this can be good.

It's probably Wet 2.

I'm kidding!

lol...but I want them to give Hunted: The Demon's Forge another chance,Gears of medieval Wars was kinda fun.

ironcreed

Banned
well they only published that(the studio that made it is dead now iirc) and it was full of game breaking bugs sadly.

Was still an amazing game, warts and all. Would give anything for another mystery/survival game with the same or similar Lovecraftian theme.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
A straight shooter made by the people who did Fallout 3 would be truly disappointing. Both because they suck at shooter mechanics and it would mean they're not working on another Fallout.

Read the thread yo. This wouldn't be a game by Bethesda Game Studios, it'd be a game published by Bethesda Softworks, and developed by another studio.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Read the thread yo. This wouldn't be a game by Bethesda Game Studios, it'd be a game published by Bethesda Softworks, and developed by another studio.

I think GavinGT know that,he was replaying on neoenigma who said Machinegames working on it and not Bethesda -going with what he picked of the Nirolak post-is " all kinds of disappointing "

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait, I'll take as much Wolfenstein as I can get, especially after loving the Raven one so much. Nazis, the occult etc, can't get enough of it.

Eva auf wiedersehen.

Deadbeat

Banned
If the game isnt similar to RTCW then im not interested.

I dont understand why they are even bothering with the game its not like the franchise has any power anymore. It got big on PC over a decade ago (with some xblive following) and then the turd burglar made by raven killed any interest in the franchise.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
If the game isnt similar to RTCW then im not interested.

I dont understand why they are even bothering with the game its not like the franchise has any power anymore. It got big on PC over a decade ago (with some xblive following) and then the turd burglar made by raven killed any interest in the franchise.

There is nothing wrong with a publisher trying to revive an old beloved franchise,it can be a hit again if done right.

and Zenimax love to risk it it seems since they revived a dead IP (Fallout 3),made Dishonored which is a spiritual successor to a dead IP(Thief) making a Survival Horror in this day and age,trying to revive Doom again..ect.

El_Chino

If it's fallout 4 with those boston rumors that we saw a few months ago then it's going to be unbelievably terrible. Then again it's a bethesda game so that's kind of already guaranteed nowadays. I doubt they have any motivation at all to fix their countless mistakes when all they can see is dollar signs.

leaving.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom