• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda unveiling Tango's Zwei tomorrow on IGN via teaser trailer at 5 AM PST

Bethesda's teaser is for...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zwei with MP?

gokuvegetayesvra52.gif

Izick

Because most associate MP with action or a Deathmatch type setting.

While not mikami I just want to point out Resident Evil Outbreak was MP and kept its scariness and survival horror in check.

Some of you are just to quick to lose hope. Especially in Mikami.

Not even that, I think people associate co-op when mentioning multipayer and horror. I think the problem is that people don't realize that anything can be done well if the creator has it in mind from the beginning.

stktt

Banned
Multiplayer? I thought Zwei would be a singleplayer game.

If its really a multiplayer game then i don`t care.

I heard it's a visceral, cinematic, class based third person F2P MMO with a heavy emphasis on tutorials, QTEs, and several teammates whose sole purpose it to sell DLC.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Why is the thought of multiplayer bugging out some people?

multiplayer just don't really work with survival horror,break the isolation and you break and the entire immersion experience which is the most important part in horror games.

Izick

Fuck, I really want to go play Vanquish. I have it sitting on my PS3 ready to be played but I have to focus and finish Witcher 2 first.

DatDude

Banned
The only good game he made was RE4, and that was a long time ago bro.

I mean last time I checked:

DMC 1, Viewtful Joe, Dino Crisis, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Resident Evil, Killer 7, God Hand, and Vanquished were all pretty well received on GAF.

Among a plethora of other solid/good titles like Shadows of the Damned and Goof Troop as well.

Jawmuncher

multiplayer just don't really work with survival horror,break the isolation and you break and the entire immersion experience which is the most important part in horror games.

box-l.jpg

Just saying. However ill agree on one aspect. Voice Chat can break the immersion which is why these games only incorporated voice through some choices of dialog. Not to mention if you did split up from my recollection there was no indicators where teammates were so isolation was still a factor.

water1111

Banned
I mean last time I checked:

DMC 1, Viewtful Joe, Dino Crisis, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Resident Evil, Killer 7, God Hand, and Vanquished were all pretty well received on GAF.

Among a plethora of other solid/good titles like Shadows of the Damned and Goof Troop as well.

GAF loves alot of things, including Nier which is probably the worst RPG I've played,

You know in retrospect the name Project Zwei makes a lot of sense for a game with multiplayer.

Or rather a game that you play as a character that is struggling with a mental disorder. The struggle between yr sane and insane mind. A character with schizophrenia or multiple personality disorder.

Psychological survivor horror. DO IT

Izick

Also I don't get why some people get hung up on "TPS." Resident Evil is a "TPS" if you want to go by the letter of the law; it's just an easy descriptor for people to get a rough idea of what the thing is.

duckroll

Kinda excited. Hope it's not that scary for a horror game. More RE4 than RE1 or Silent Hill. Don't like being scared honestly. Hope it's more original and fun than Vanquish too. Not really digging that game much.

Nibel

About the name:

I assume there are two protagonists and a co-op mode which allows each player to control one of them. But I think that there might be an actual gimmick - maybe it's like Beyond: Two Souls and one of them is a ghost or something. I don't think that there will be two equal protagonists.

BTW: was the last co-op game he worked on Goof Troop?

Cincaid

Awesome! For us Euro-folks; that's 1PM London-time (surprisingly early!).

Exciting if they're showing some real gameplay and not just a CG teaser. Even more exciting if it's next-gen. Triple exciting if it's PC as well!

teraMEL0S

Kinda excited. Hope it's not that scary for a horror game. More RE4 than RE1 or Silent Hill. Don't like being scared honestly. Hope it's more original and fun than Vanquish too. Not really digging that game much.

Sorry you don't want to be scared, but if this game isn't at least attempting to be truly scary, then I'll personally be pretty upset. After all, he claims it's "pure survival horror."

Hindle

Banned
Realistically the game will be most likely Resi 4 in terms of pacing, although I hope it's a mix of the REmake and Resi 4.

Edit. The game having co op would ruin any horror aspects IMO.

kunonabi

box-l.jpg

Just saying. However ill agree on one aspect. Voice Chat can break the immersion which is why these games only incorporated voice through some choices of dialog. Not to mention if you did split up from my recollection there was no indicators where teammates were so isolation was still a factor.

Yeah, they left you completely in the dark. Nothing beats those moments where you're waiting for partners to fulfill some task and the longer you wait the more paranoid you got. Do I wait a little longer? Did they run into trouble? Should I just go do it myself since they're probably dead? Those moments where you're lying on the ground or taking on a boss by yourself and that poor sap you left for dead appears out of nowhere to save your ass were also pretty great.

Co-op and multiplayer can work in a horror game but if all you do with it is give the player an extra stream of bullets and unlimited phoenix down it really isn't going to work. Outbreak is still the best example of how to do it with the Obscure series actually doing some decent stuff with it too.

I wouldn't mind a remake of lifeline with online multiplayer to be honest.

duckroll

Sorry you don't want to be scared, but if this game isn't at least attempting to be truly scary, then I'll personally be pretty upset. After all, he claims it's "pure survival horror."

There are lots of different types of horror though. RE4 and Eternal Darkness are okay for me. I wouldn't really want to play something which is like REmake or Amnesia. Too scary, not fun. :(

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There are lots of different types of horror though. RE4 and Eternal Darkness are okay for me. I wouldn't really want to play something which is like REmake or Amnesia. Too scary, not fun. :(

Given that ZeniMax is driven by AAA blockbusters, I wouldn't be too worried about it being something that would be scary enough to turn off customers.

Nibel

They want it to sell, so I think you'll be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom