• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Big Boss wants you!" - Kojima Prod hiring at GDC 2012 for "The Next MGS" (cons/PC)

Ridley327

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

The new Shinkawa artwork reminds me that there was a dog in one of the FOX engine pics.

U8zlh.jpg

Oooh, good catch.

If I had to guess, the story might revolve around what Big Boss was doing shortly before rejoining FOXHOUND in the late 80s.

Colocho

Banned
I don't care if they give me a Boss and The Cobra Unit game during WWII, a Liquid Snake origins story or even a dating sim starring Johnny and his wife Meryl, I'm ready for Kojima to take all of my monies.

duckroll

So, California USA is listed as a work location.

Are they opening a Western studio?

It seems likely. The recruitment wants people who can communicate well in Japanese -or- English, not both, which indicates they will have studios to accommodate a Japanese working environment, and a English working environment. They're also looking to full staff up across all disciplines, which definitely suggests that they're looking to fully build up a complete new team.

I don't want a remake of MG1/2, MG2 is basically remade in MGS1 anyway, however, I want Snake at his rawest. Stop fucking around with proxy characters, and old ass men, it's been fourteen years already, I want legit Snake.

Solid Snake? I agree: I want more goofy interaction between him and Otacon again. Just set it before MGS2. Explain how and why Philanthropy came to be, with more depth. Just make a standalone tale that's fun. Snake isn't dead, so use him.

StuBurns

Banned
Solid Snake? I agree: I want more goofy interaction between him and Otacon again. Just set it before MGS2. Explain how and why Philanthropy came to be, with more depth. Just make a standalone tale that's fun. Snake isn't dead, so use him.
Perfect, it opens with a remake of the tank chapter, but you play Snake's two years before Big Shell.

Perfect, it opens with a remake of the tank chapter, but you play Snake's two years before Big Shell.

Haha, exactly. Big Boss is a cool character, and both give me that amazing Hayter voice I love so much, but he seriously lacks as much of Solid's daft edge that peeks through sometimes. And, yeah, more Otacon too, before shit hits the fan in MGS2.

It doesn't have to be a grim new chapter in the overall Metal Gear saga- and you can still set it in another god damn jungle too, without it needing to be Big Boss building his army or whatever.

plasmasd

So if I go to GDC and play the Zanzibar Land national anthem on a boombox, while saluting, will I get immediately hired?

Also, do I need to tune into 140.07 with a cig in for further instructions?

Konosuke

I wonder what gameplay situations can KojiPro involve dogs with. More of Wander and Agro and less like Chocofro hopefully. Getting hyped.

If they're going to do yet another Big Boss game, or a game around that time after PW, I would want it to be a sort of complete re-envisioning of the original MG, maybe make one game that covers MG and MG2 that better ties into MGS.

I just don't think all of these Big Boss spinoffs are really necessary. It's kind of worn out by now.

QPacu.jpg

Remember this from December? After looking at that art for a bit I was reminded of that picture. His hair looks somewhat tied back in the art and they are both wearing short sleeved/rolled up shirts. There's also the shoulder/upper arm armor.

Kard8p3

Whoa..BB seems to have gotten even more obsessed with The Boss; anyone else feel this way? Like someone mentioned earlier, the little cape thingy, and hell, his hair even looks like an homage to The Boss from MGS3

Mgs3-the-boss.jpg

Whoa..BB seems to have gotten even more obsessed with The Boss; anyone else feel this way? Like someone mentioned earlier, the little cape thingy, and hell, his hair even looks like an homage to The Boss from MGS3

Lori Alan voicing Big Boss in the next game?

http://i.imgur.com/QPacu.jpg[IMG]

Remember this from December? After looking at that art for a bit I was reminded of that picture. His hair looks somewhat tied back in the art and they are both wearing short sleeved/rolled up shirts. There's also the shoulder/upper arm armor.[/QUOTE]

Anyone that thought those "FOX Engine" screens were not from the next MGS were only fooling themselves. I knew that was Big Boss the second I saw the pic.

Johnas

If that art is anything to go by, I wonder if you'll be able to use the dog to do various gameplay-related things for you, similar to the Mk. II from MGS4.

Cartman86

Banned
This is very interesting. Announcing a project like this is pretty unconventional is it not? Coming right out publicly to hire for a massive world wide game seems new to me.

CSX

Time to play as the well kept secret of Big Boss's perfect clone who keeps on having hallunications and nightmares of Solid Snake.

“Dogs of War” Too obvious right?

I really hope Zero isn’t the baddie, he was quite a likeable yet gullible Englishman in MGS3, his role in later games as a Doctor Robotnik-type figure seemed off. I guess an Interquel would also try to explain why Paramedic, the cute movie buff, who was respecting of nature got herself involved with the experiments that she did.

Top Bottom