• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 18 |OT| It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

beasty

Viewers decide who gets evicted in the online version, right? Then probably not.

I believe viewers get to nominate a third person.

The current HOH Monte is going to nominate Jason today. I guess viewers will nominate Cornbread or Shane who are people working with Monte, If Jason is savvy he might be able to save himself or he can just straight up win POV.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I've only watched 10 minute but just saw some of the girls doing some real scheming. Way more impressive than most of the stuff I've seen recently.

We'll see if it sticks. They seem to not like most of the guys, so that's a good start.

Voidguts

America's Nominee Vote is up on the website.

20 votes for Cornbread from me

yup, he gives me the creeps. ol' George Liquor looking ass.

KMgq3KQ.jpg

lenovox1

Jason won the Power of Veto and used it on himself.

He won with the help of Danielle giving him some of the clues. Keep in mind that Danielle is also on the block.

Monte, the current HOH, removed safety from [ETA: Her real name.] Kryssie in Jason's place. He never gave really gave a good reason as to why, as she's neither a physical nor a mental threat.

He does seem to have a very, very difficult time with connecting and relating to women. He basically seems to behave as if women (and gay men) are a seperate species that he can't figure out.

These people collectively are DUMB. DUUUMB. Third stringers all the way. I'm really hoping that the winner of OTT doesn't get to move on to BB19, only to get eaten alive. Jason is only a threat because he seems to be able to outsmart everybody in this particular cast. He might actually make it far this time.

ETA: Julie Chen's extra hair looks great, and is probably worth half the show's budget.

cory64

So far I would bet on Morgan going on BB19. She's beautiful, savvy, and camera-trained. Production must be ecstatic with her.

beasty

Morgan is maybe the most boring person in the house.

Cornbread got evicted.Big brother lucked out by Cornbread leaving early. He was getting a bit racial. As he was blindsided Cornbread told the house "Fuck You". Lol

I really hope Jason doesnt win this game, he wont be as bad as Nicole winning but I really dont like returning houseguests winning this game especially when the game is so influenced by the viewers.

BTM

Morgan is maybe the most boring person in the house.

Cornbread got evicted.Big brother lucked out by Cornbread leaving early. He was getting a bit racial. As he was blindsided Cornbread told the house "Fuck You". Lol

I really hope Jason doesnt win this game, he wont be as bad as Nicole winning but I really dont like returning houseguests winning this game especially when the game is so influenced by the viewers.

Nicole deserved her win though, but we've already talked enough about that I think. Jason winning this season with an already built in fan base that has quite a bit of influence in the game would be pretty unfortunate. If he gets to the end with the other houseguests knowing how much of America is already on his side then they deserve to lose.

cory64

I was casting camera 1 to my tv for the weekly episode and then when it switched to the live vote it was just the one camera, no diary room view. So that was annoying.

UberTag

Nicole deserved her win though, but we've already talked enough about that I think. Jason winning this season with an already built in fan base that has quite a bit of influence in the game would be pretty unfortunate. If he gets to the end with the other houseguests knowing how much of America is already on his side then they deserve to lose.
I haven't been following this season too closely but what type of POV competition did Jason win. Was it a straight up competition in front of the other houseguests or was it a timed comp that could be rigged via Production? Jason wasn't exactly a comp beast in BB17, after all.

lenovox1

I haven't been following this season too closely but what type of POV competition did Jason win. Was it a straight up competition in front of the other houseguests or was it a timed comp that could be rigged via Production? Jason wasn't exactly a comp beast in BB17, after all.

An observation challenge: Players had to guess a four digit code based upon clues placed by Big Brother in the Big Brother house. Danielle (Nominee #2) and Jason (Nominee #1) worked together and Jason figured out the combination.

After watching her for a bit, I fully take back my dumb comment with regards to her... For now. She seems to really like Jason and, more importantly, seems to sense that America really likes Jason, too, and probably knew that helping him win the Veto was the only way he'd stick around. Whether that boosts her position in the game it still up in the air.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So how does the diary room work?

Are they still filming voiceovers for competitions even though there's no show, or do they just go in and explain their current mindset to the audience?

beasty

Alex won HOH. She is a pretty good player but she is not on team Jason, so she probably wont go far with America having this much influence.

cory64

So how does the diary room work?

Are they still filming voiceovers for competitions even though there's no show, or do they just go in and explain their current mindset to the audience?

They film voiceovers in private throughout the week then once a week they go live on camera and explain their mindset.

beasty

The contestants are starting to realize the viewers are voting in favor for Jason. So basically this season is the "protect jason contest". All the contestants changing their gameplay and pandering to Jason. Krysii is now accusing people of being homophobic and racist because they are not working with Jason.

This game is over guys.

UberTag

It amuses me that "being more popular than Jozea" turned into "being popular with America".

More like "popular with Production".

BTM

The contestants are starting to realize the viewers are voting in favor for Jason. So basically this season is the "protect jason contest". All the contestants changing their gameplay and pandering to Jason. Krysii is now accusing people of being homophobic and racist because they are not working with Jason.

This game is over guys.

Could've been a pretty good season but having someone come back in with an already built in fan base in a season where America has some power really sours things a bit.

Ganhyun

For those that care, Natalie just told everyone she and James are officially a couple outside the house. They are driving up to see alot of her family currently.

netguy503

I don't know why this season isn't getting more love here. They actually have smart players in the house which you guys have wanted for awhile. They got out a huge threat week 2 and lucky there doesn't seem like any chance they can't go back in ( I found it weird they didn't have a Julie exit interview with the person though, did they deny wanting to be interviewed?)

Voidguts

I don't know why this season isn't getting more love here. They actually have smart players in the house which you guys have wanted for awhile. They got out a huge threat week 2 and lucky there doesn't seem like any chance they can't go back in ( I found it weird they didn't have a Julie exit interview with the person though, did they deny wanting to be interviewed?)

Monte's----------
exit interview is up @: http://www.cbs.com/shows/big-brothe...brother-over-the-top-live-eviction-episode-2/

this season is awesome, it is pretty active over at /r/bigbrother

CBS Cast Page

Not the biggest BB fan - More of a Survivor guy. But I got into and enjoyed BB18 and BBOTT last year, then watched the stellar BB2.

So far, no one is really jumping out at me, but I tend to find these casts more boring in comparison to Survivor on the outset until I watch them play. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

NYR

Canadian version of Big Brother got cancelled, mostly because they cast people who didn't know how to play and were uninteresting stereotypical millennials. Looks like American version is same old shit, there are literally people here who said FRANKIE was their favorite player.

I wouldn't be surprised if this show is nearing the brink, Amazing Race is pretty much done and Survivor has had legs for awhile. His show, we will have to wait and see.

TheYanger

Canadian version of Big Brother got cancelled, mostly because they cast people who didn't know how to play and were uninteresting stereotypical millennials. Looks like American version is same old shit, there are literally people here who said FRANKIE was their favorite player.

I wouldn't be surprised if this show is nearing the brink, Amazing Race is pretty much done and Survivor has had legs for awhile. His show, we will have to wait and see.

Big brother has a different kind of appeal though, and people that don't know the game can be very entertaining even if they're not strategically satisfying. people that don't know Amazing Race or Survivor are just dead weight to the seasons.

shit ever since Ian we always to have a nerdy looking dude on the show now. He will do nothing the first half of the season, be in a 6 person alliance, get used, then start winning comps.

With just looking at the pictures, I'm liking that these people look real. Not all models and people found at night clubs.

kirblar

BB picks people who are easy to manipulate and ignorant about the realities of the show.

Koomaster

Been watching Big Brother UK this season and I cannot wait for BB USA to start up. Holy gods is that show a mess. More people have basically self-evicted vs actual evictions so far.

There is potential in this cast.

Just from the interviews, my pre-entry favourites are Jason, Mark, and Dominique. Cameron seems pretty cool for a "geek" casting. Aside from Dom, none of the girls really have any initial appeal. Then again, most BB girls don't interest me at all until I actually start seeing their gameplay and how they act in the house. These interviews are just smoke and mirrors for most of them.

Yeah, the cast doesn't look particularly interesting or different from the last several. We'll see what we see, but eh. At least it's an all-new cast, as I prefer them to returning players.

UberTag

Haven't listened to the interviews yet but I love that this cast is much older than in past seasons which have been rife with emotional immaturity from professional spoiled brats living at home. Just that fact alone makes this group a breath of fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom