• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

xaosslug

Bitter jury stays bitter. I’ve never seen a bitter jury grow a conscience.

some of these comments are AMAZING.
ksqYoiO.gif

cory64

Man if I'm Paul talking to Julie at the end of the live show I am turning heel so fast. I would say these people are mad that I am better than them and that they got played. There's no way I'd be able to control myself.
Too late, not playing heel during the game is what got him the L

Velcro Fly

Also lol am I getting stalked? Get avatar quoted by a person with 1 post in topic and now I'm getting trolly PMs from the same person.

kirblar

They all got played by one person and that person loses. The bitter vote on these shows are wearing on me as a BB and Survivor fan.
Remember when Neleh lost?

Same thing here. If you try and play the huggy friendship card it will not work unless you are viewed as the underdog. And Paul was not an underdog.

I love this game but cant blame Alex/Jason for being bitter. Paul was behind getting Jason out then kind of said fuck you to Alex. It came down to being completely blindsided thinking they were in a tight friendship with Paul. They just couldnt overlook how Paul treated them, Alex did say it was just a game but just couldnt get over it. I think the jury needs to be scrapped. The whole purpose was to create a non bitter jury, hasnt worked in years. Dr. Will cant do shit any more

xaosslug

people thinking producers DID NOT want this ending are kidding himself. The unpredictability of the vote/ending is why peeps stay coming back year after year. This ending is amazing, after the season that transpired.

The human element makes it fascinating though.
Otherwise, Paul would have won in a boring landslide.
I'm amazed at the human element of being able to control the game all summer. I say this as someone who couldnt be more opposite of Paul. I found it fascinating. I also wanted Dan Gheesling to win so I guess I'm a bitter viewer.
Oh well, not too upset. Paul just made more than I'll make all year.

MisterHero

people thinking producers DID NOT want this ending are kidding himself. The unpredictability of the vote/ending is why peeps stay coming back year after year. This ending is amazing, after the season that transpired.
I can't believe it's unscripted. Josh winning then KEEPING Paul, the "Paul masterminds everything montage", both fucking up their appeals to jury, then a split vote. That's pretty nuts.

I'm sure they had scrapped a Christmas montage in case she stayed, but this was basically The Paul Show. Would they have filled the same time had it been Josh and Christmas? :p

I can't believe it's unscripted. Josh winning then KEEPING Paul, the "Paul masterminds everything montage", both fucking up their appeals to jury, then a split vote. That's pretty nuts.

I'm sure they had scrapped a Christmas montage in case she stayed, but this was basically The Paul Show. Would they have filled the same time had it been Josh and Christmas? :p

They would have shown the "Paul the mastermind" montage regardless.

Also, they showed it after everyone had voted so it didn't affect the outcome.

Ok now that this season is over it is Julies time to play the game. Celebrity big brother is her Destiny to show us what a puppet master she can be.

xaosslug

they couldn't have produced a better ending if it had been scripted. Grodner's eating tonight, fam.

I'm amazed at the human element of being able to control the game all summer. I say this as someone who couldnt be more opposite of Paul. I found it fascinating. I also wanted Dan Gheesling to win so I guess I'm a bitter viewer.
Oh well, not too upset. Paul just made more than I'll make all year.
Dude is devastated though, he cares about the title more than the money.
Most want the cash.

lenovox1

Everything is scripted in reality TV and especially live television. All scenarios would have been mapped out.

MisterHero

They would have shown the "Paul the mastermind" montage regardless.

Also, they showed it after everyone had voted so it didn't affect the outcome.

Everything is scripted in reality TV and especially live television. All scenarios would have been mapped out.
I wasn't talking about the game outcome, but entertainment-wise. They might've kept the Paul stuff to fill time but it would've been a lot less relevant.

It'd be interesting to see how they built up Christmas. Wait, not really, she was handed lots of stuff. :p

xaosslug said:
they couldn't have produced a better ending if it had been scripted. Grodner's eating tonight, fam.
exactly

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I am fine with Paul losing, but I can't say I'm a fan of rewarding Josh. Sure he had fine moments but he was arrogant, and rude, and even a bully at times. He unloaded on some of these people (Mark!) with very personal attacks and they STILL voted for him?

Now he has $500k and even more attitude lol.

Paul screwed himself, but man, angry jury did not help.

I really do love the fact that Cody is the one that did him in though. So poetic. I can just imagine how Jess felt watching that lol.

lenovox1

I am fine with Paul losing, but I can't say I'm a fan of rewarding Josh. Sure he had fine moments but he was arrogant, and rude, and even a bully at times. He unloaded on some of these people (Mark!) with very personal attacks and they STILL voted for him?

Now he has $500k and even more attitude lol.

Paul screwed himself, but man, angry jury did not help.

I really do love the fact that Cody is the one that did him in though. So poetic. I can just imagine how Jess felt watching that lol.

Paul instigated 100% of that, if you haven't been following the feeds. 100%. And owned up to none of it. That's why Mark and the others voted for Josh.

Terrible jury management.

Velcro Fly

It would have been better if someone actually likable had won.

Of all the people on this show, I'd like to see Mark come back. Dude tried to be decent and not engage in bullying and personal attacks when just about everyone else was. Things fall a different way in the beginning and maybe he makes it to the end.

Of all the people on this show, I'd like to see Mark come back. Dude tried to be decent and not engage in bullying and personal attacks when just about everyone else was. Things fall a different way in the beginning and maybe he makes it to the end.
Mark blew with the wind though.
Good guy, boring ass player.

Wilsongt

I'm okay with Paul losing. Sure, he played the game as it should be played, but the whole "never getting blood of my hands" shtick was a pain after a while. People in the house were idiots. .

lenovox1

When is the last time anyone genuinely likeable has won this show? BB14 Ian? Derrick, if you never watched the feeds?

coopolon

Love the result, almost redeemed such a boring season.

Josh did some pretty despicabl things though but just happy Paul didn't win.

I actually wish this happened more often in these games,a crucial part of the game is convincing these people you just evicted to vote for you. There's no rule that says they have to vote for who won the most competitions, who was in control longest, etc. they vote for whoever the hell they want.

I really liked Jason saying Paul overlied. Why lie in goodbye messages? Do you really think they're not going to figure it out in jury house? He went so far out of his way to make sure the blame was elsewhere, setting up fake ties, etc. don't get me wrong, besides this one way Paul was in total control of the house almost from day one, even managing to avoid the block when Cody and Jessica were hoh which was incredible. But he went too far with the manipulations.

Paul 100% deserved to second place, just sad because Josh didn't deserve to win. honestly, who did though? Maybe Alex, but she was SO stupid after Jason left.

Velcro Fly

Alex played terribly after a while focusing on Kevin. Putting up Kevin and Raven after Josh/Christmas/Paul obviously blindsided Jason was really awful.

Jason was likable enough and with the new baby on the way he would have beaten anyone. He would have been the winner this season deserved to redeem it.

coopolon

Alex played terribly after a while focusing on Kevin. Putting up Kevin and Raven after Josh/Christmas/Paul obviously blindsided Jason was really awful.

Jason was likable enough and with the new baby on the way he would have beaten anyone. He would have been the winner this season deserved to redeem it.

I agree, I would have really liked Jason winning.

MisterHero

Love the result, almost redeemed such a boring season.

Josh did some pretty despicabl things though but just happy Paul didn't win.

I actually wish this happened more often in these games,a crucial part of the game is convincing these people you just evicted to vote for you. There's no rule that says they have to vote for who won the most competitions, who was in control longest, etc. they vote for whoever the hell they want.

I really liked Jason saying Paul overlied. Why lie in goodbye messages? Do you really think they're not going to figure it out in jury house? He went so far out of his way to make sure the blame was elsewhere, setting up fake ties, etc. don't get me wrong, besides this one way Paul was in total control of the house almost from day one, even managing to avoid the block when Cody and Jessica were hoh which was incredible. But he went too far with the manipulations.

Paul 100% deserved to second place, just sad because Josh didn't deserve to win. honestly, who did though? Maybe Alex, but she was SO stupid after Jason left.
Kevin's social game was strong, he couldn't win comps to save his life. I can't expect anything from a 50+ year old vs. 20 somethings though.

Comps-wise I'd probably have Alex or Jason (hated Alex though)

Top Bottom