• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother 19 |OT| Fake Apples, Real Snakes

Same for when he was watching Paul ride around on whatshisname's back in the chaps. Everyone was laughing uproariously except Cody, who looked like Michael Phelps getting ready to swim.
I love Cody, his non-conversations are the best.

He was also the only one not cheering when Paul
saved himself from being a Have Not

_Isaac

Same for when he was watching Paul ride around on whatshisname's back in the chaps. Everyone was laughing uproariously except Cody, who looked like Michael Phelps getting ready to swim.

My family and I all laughed when we saw Cody on the couch with that intense glare.

NYR

Cody is such an awful human being that I assume he surrounds himself with awful human beings at home who will tell him he played a great game when he gets there.

This season is ridiculously awesome.

Parch

Cody is creepy. No doubt about it.
I don't think he's going to be around for long. He's the type of personality that people will want out of there asap.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Has anyone here managed to watch the live feeds from outside the US?

I already have a VPN, but I need a US credit card as well, and apparently virtual cards like EntroPay don't work. Anyone know where I could get a prepaid card?
Do you have an iOS device? Maybe you could use a US iTunes gift card to sub through apple?

UberTag

Has anyone here managed to watch the live feeds from outside the US?

I already have a VPN, but I need a US credit card as well, and apparently virtual cards like EntroPay don't work. Anyone know where I could get a prepaid card?
Most of the international live feed walkthrough sites seem to indicate that prepaid American Express cards that you can find at most retailers will be accepted.

Cody I think is really REALLY conflicted inside, and can not deal with his emotions at all. Very driven to go after what's expected even if he wants something else.

He actually smiles and seems to have genuine reactions with Alex, but he is instantly in a showmance with the "hot girl" who he doesn't seem to have a single emotional conversation with. Stone face

The man is conflicted, can't deal with his emotions, and probably has always acted like this.

I feel sorry for him,

I like Cody. Like he said he's had to nominate a third of the house in one week. That's ridiculous. All so Grodner can keep Paul in the house.

Velcro Fly

I like Paul. I really do.

But to me it is the same situation as Sandra Diaz-Twine from Survivor.

I'm gunning to get them out because I know how they operate. They can talk their way out of anything. I don't blame Cody at all for trying to get Paul out right away.

That said, he had no backup plan. Just throwing up people not in your alliance is only going to ensure you go up next week when one of them wins HOH. Your alliance loves you because you are their meat shield for a week. Just an unfortunate set of circumstances.

parasight

He's a bit of a nut, but Cody makes for some great TV. I hope he gets to stay around longer, but after that blow up on his side I have a feeling his time in the house will be short.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
As much as people may hate the twist and / or Paul returning, tonight was perfect television, and exactly what the producers want in Big Brother.

I like Paul. I really do.

But to me it is the same situation as Sandra Diaz-Twine from Survivor.

I'm gunning to get them out because I know how they operate. They can talk their way out of anything. I don't blame Cody at all for trying to get Paul out right away.

That said, he had no backup plan. Just throwing up people not in your alliance is only going to ensure you go up next week when one of them wins HOH. Your alliance loves you because you are their meat shield for a week. Just an unfortunate set of circumstances.
Agreed.. and now Paul knows for sure you're gunning for him and he can do his organ grinder strategy to get people off of team Cody.

It was excellent watching Cody's face after the pendant was revealed.

As much as people may hate the twist and / or Paul returning, tonight was perfect television, and exactly what the producers want in Big Brother.
Agreed.. ending was fun and good stuff throughout the episode.

Ganhyun

Consensus with the BB fans I work with is that they all dislike Cody and want him gone. They are hoping Paul or someone who will put him up wins HOH.

Also, consensus seems to be that they want the showmances split up (they find it ridiculous that so many are already started in week 1)

She's pretty much all of the bad BB female stereotypes wrapped up into one horrible houseguest.

Yep. Jessica is awful in just about every way. It was obvious before the season even started that she'd drape herself over the first available meat-shield competition winner, though it is pretty funny watching her try to work her Hollywood hooker talents on stone-faced Cody who couldn't be less interested (emotionally or gameplay-wise, anyway).

Her petty high school jealousy over Cody's interest in Alex is really painful to watch.

Parch

Production looked at BBCAN to figure out how to keep the vet in the house. They knew damn well the early popularity vote would be for Paul, so they give him 3 week immunity. Mission accomplished. They keep finding new ways to have production manipulation.

That being said, the temptation twists seem to be working out quite well. They're really stirring the pot and keeping the house paranoid. The goal of production should be to keep them uncomfortable and prevent the mutual house voting and everybody thinking this is a fun summer vacation with games where most everybody gets along. The ying yang consequences of the temptation den and the strategy screw jobs make for some interesting TV. The Den of Temptation looks like it's going to be the most influential room in the house.

Parch

Cody's silent treatment just pisses people off. As much as social interaction is just fake bullshit it's a necessity if you want to survive. Paul reached out and tried to play the game and Stone Cold just sluffs him off. Add the nomination and Cody now has a season long enemy who will do everything to turn everybody against him. Cody's master plan got screwed by the temptation twist, but it's still horrible social gameplay by him.

Jessica not being able to manipulate him just adds to his problems. His own alliance is going to turn on him. Bye bye Cody. He won't make it to August.

Big Blue

Production looked at BBCAN to figure out how to keep the vet in the house. They knew damn well the early popularity vote would be for Paul, so they give him 3 week immunity. Mission accomplished. They keep finding new ways to have production manipulation.

That being said, the temptation twists seem to be working out quite well. They're really stirring the pot and keeping the house paranoid. The goal of production should be to keep them uncomfortable and prevent the mutual house voting and everybody thinking this is a fun summer vacation with games where most everybody gets along. The ying yang consequences of the temptation den and the strategy screw jobs make for some interesting TV. The Den of Temptation looks like it's going to be the most influential room in the house.
It's total bullshit that Paul's power didn't affect him negatively at all. It's not a temptation if there's no downside to the player that chooses it.

While people don't like stoic Cody, when it comes to diary room, I would never say those corny jokes, etc. The DR sessions are the worst part of BB. Just terrible.

Parch

It's total bullshit that Paul's power didn't affect him negatively at all. It's not a temptation if there's no downside to the player that chooses it.
They try to sell it saying the negative aspect is that a fellow houseguest will have to suffer the consequence. Like they give a shit. Give me a positive. Give my competition a negative. Well duh. Every temptation is going to be taken if their pendant/ring provides a positive without any personal consequence.
That's what production wants. A player NOT doing anything isn't going to provide good TV. They want temptations taken. Every one of them.

Ganhyun

While people don't like stoic Cody, when it comes to diary room, I would never say those corny jokes, etc. The DR sessions are the worst part of BB. Just terrible.

They try to sell it saying the negative aspect is that a fellow houseguest will have to suffer the consequence. Like they give a shit. Give me a positive. Give my competition a negative. Well duh. Every temptation is going to be taken if their pendant/ring provides a positive without any personal consequence.
That's what production wants. A player NOT doing anything isn't going to provide good TV. They want temptations taken. Every one of them.

Paul could have gotten the downside I thought.

He randomly chose the number. The houseguests randomly lined up to go in. He was 3rd. If he had went second he would have gotten the downside too. Not sure how it would affect his protection, maybe reduce it to one week, or make it where he had to go on the block the first week he lost the protection if he didnt win HOH?

Paul could have gotten the downside I thought.

He randomly chose the number. The houseguests randomly lined up to go in. He was 3rd. If he had went second he would have gotten the downside too. Not sure how it would affect his protection, maybe reduce it to one week, or make it where he had to go on the block the first week he lost the protection if he didnt win HOH?

Nothing is random in the house.

Ganhyun

Nothing is random in the house.

I guess production could have told them to line up in a set order, but based off the one girl's diary room, she said people just sorta lined up and went in one by one. Seemed random based on that. But you might be right.

I know his choosing the number was random since he couldnt see them.

Parch

Could Paul have gotten the downside? I thought he said when he was in the den that he couldn't. He went into the snake den just to hide the fact that he had the power.

Given the powers involved, they cancel each other out, so I don't see how he could accept the persuasion and also get the consequence.

Chris R

He creates too much entertainment to leave in one week. Besides he has allies still that would protect him over, say, Alex or Ramses.

I know, he's going to cruise to a top 8 spot, I just dislike him from the footage they've shown.

Parch

I haven't been watching the live feeds, but the house must have had some suspicion that Paul had the votes for the first den persuasion. Cody seemed to have no clue at all that Paul might have immunity or at least some sort of special power.

As soon as they first announced the twist I knew Paul was going to win it. He won by a landslide because he's the only player anybody knew when the voting happened. Any public vote is always going to be a popularity contest.
When they did it on BBCAN the only question was which vet was going to win it, but everybody knew that a vet was going to win it.

The house surely must have had some clue that the only vet in the house was going to win america's vote.

Velcro Fly

Cody being on the block next week is going to make for some great TV

Bonus points if he gets back doored after not playing in the veto comp

Top Bottom