• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother Canada Season 5 |OT| - Newbs vs. Vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Seems likely that Sindy will wind up as the replacement nominee but I suspect Jackie will be the one that ends up getting bounced on Thursday.

UberTag

Oh...I was hoping they'd go with Kevin replacement. Him and Bruno need to go.
That's entirely up to Dillon. Karen has been pushing for the Kevin backdoor but I suspect Dillon is going to stay true to the deal they made when they gave up the HOH to him and not declare war. Not to mention there's a legit question as to whether he would even have the votes to oust him. The vets don't want to fall behind 6-to-3 and Ika controls Demetres' vote. Those 4 can save any vet that goes up on the block.

Not to mention nobody has a vested interest in keeping Jackie. Taking a shot at Kevin would have been more realistic with Jackie coming off the block as Ika's vote would have been locked against whichever vet was named as the replacement.

Parch

Demetres won the power of veto so he'll be coming off the block. A vet is undoubtedly going up in his place opposite Jackie.
Dillon had some sort of deal with Bruno and Kevin so it might be Sindy. Or he can just say screw the deal and put up one of the guys. Whoever is up, I think it would take some vet magic to see Jackie go. That side of the house seems pretty intent on getting out a vet. Bruno might be able to pull it off because he's got some influence on Dillon and Karen.

Parch

Not to mention nobody has a vested interest in keeping Jackie.
Karen really hates Jackie too.
But if they're capable of thinking strategically, that side of the house should also see that Jackie isn't a serious threat and backdooring a vet would be the better move.

NYR

Karen is going to go on a double eviction or veto sub - no one is dumb enough to waste an HOH on her.

Parch

Dillon is such a goofball. Shedding Emily just might be the best thing that ever happened because now he's getting his head in the game. For so many weeks he hated being there and was breaking house rules all the time. At least now he's playing, but that doesn't cure being a dumb goof. Him and Karen clowning around are like a couple of hyperactive kids.

When Dillon was giving the boxing lesson I would have paid big money to see him knockout Demetre. I really dislike Ika and that arrogant jerk.

UberTag

Ika is brokering a truce with Jackie to lock in the Sindy eviction on Thursday. She's toast with a T.
Ika's impressively strong social game since orchestrating the Neda boot during the double eviction may be the turning point for the season that eventually leads to a win.

NYR

Ika is brokering a truce with Jackie to lock in the Sindy eviction on Thursday. She's toast with a T.
Ika's impressively strong social game since orchestrating the Neda boot during the double eviction may be the turning point for the season that eventually leads to a win.
I don't know about that. She only has one meat shield and has become a huge target. I expect her to go in the next double evic.

Parch

Yeah, I wouldn't count on Ika lasting long. She seems like one of the prime targets right now. She is on the side with the numbers but they wouldn't hesitate to send Ika walking if they have to make a choice. Demetre is pretty good at comps so her meat shield could work for awhile longer, but it can't last until the end.

Dre and William are cruising along nicely. They're not the smartest cookies but are not really considered much of a threat when others wear a bigger target. Dre in particular is trying to keep up with what's going on. She's not a horrible player.

Parch

Being a have-not is a big deal. It seems to be a much bigger factor than the US show. Canada doesn't get the extra items to make being a have-not tolerable.
They seriously fret about what to do with slop and finding different ways to gag down the stuff.

UberTag

Tonight on Big Brother Canada... William finds something in the trash during the Odyssey's spring cleaning task.

tumblr_oood2jipQj1virl4go2_400.gif

Tonight's episode is on at a special time of 10pm, btw.

Parch

Cabin fever is happening and Dillon is starting to lose it. His biggest enemy is production. He knows the rules and has probably been told to stop singing and yelling a 100 times, but now he just does it out of spite because he doesn't like being told what to do. Now he just gets mad and has a tantrum when BB tells him to stop. He'll really lose it if he gets put on slop.
He's in a pretty good game position right now but production has to be getting frustrated with his immature behavior.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Cabin fever is happening and Dillon is starting to lose it. His biggest enemy is production. He knows the rules and has probably been told to stop singing and yelling a 100 times, but now he just does it out of spite because he doesn't like being told what to do. Now he just gets mad and has a tantrum when BB tells him to stop. He'll really lose it if he gets put on slop.
He's in a pretty good game position right now but production has to be getting frustrated with his immature behavior.

He kept going on about The Brick during Buzzkill HOH, I thought he was joking around

Holmes

William
won veto and will probably get seriously dicked down tonight by Kevin. I can see
Bruno leaving this week so that Kevin will have no one else but William. Even if Ika wants Karen out, I don't think she'd have enough pull over the newbies. But it depends on how crackdt Dre is in the lead up to the vote I guess.

Parch

Maybe William will get to backdoor Kevin this time. Know what I mean? wink wink. Say no more.

Bruno has been scrambling all week but he pretty much knows it's over. Sindy totally screwed his game with the Neda eviction.

The house is pretty boring right now so they should have more camera time in the jury house. Perhaps Neda has gotten over it now, but Sindy walking in the door has the potential to bring some drama. Neda has to be pissed and Sindy can be so arrogant and cocky. Probably just a brief argument and then they'll avoid each other like the plague. The jury house next to the lake is going to be a very chilly place for awhile.

UberTag

As of right now, it would appear that William is going to uphold his pledge to Ika not to use his "won" power of veto on Kevin... but, the POV ceremony will close with his secret veto being played to save Kevin anyhow. He just won't be publicly connected with it (but he will privately tell Kevin that he used the power to save him).

As of right now, it would appear that William is going to uphold his pledge to Ika not to use his "won" power of veto on Kevin... but, the POV ceremony will close with his secret veto being played to save Kevin anyhow. He just won't be publicly connected with it (but he will privately tell Kevin that he used the power to save him).
Oh hell no. I'm guessing the replacement is going?

UberTag

Oh hell no. I'm guessing the replacement is going?
Depends on the replacement.

I think Bruno gets evicted if Jackie is put up as the replacement.
I think Karen gets evicted if she is put up as the replacement.

Here are the scenarios mapped out fully...

Bruno vs. Jackie - Bruno Evicted by a Vote of 5-1

Dillon - Evicts Bruno
Dre - Evicts Bruno
Ika - Evicts Bruno
Karen - Evicts Bruno
William - Evicts Bruno

Kevin - Evicts Jackie

=================================

Bruno vs. Karen

Dillon - Evicts Bruno
Dre - Evicts Bruno
William - Evicts Bruno

Ika - Evicts Karen
Jackie - Evicts Karen
Kevin - Evicts Karen

Demetres breaks the 3-3 tie to evict Karen.

Ika wants to swing the votes to save Bruno but won't be able to do it if he's on the block against Jackie. She can if he's on the block against Karen. Whether Demetres is able to react to the "shock value" of the secret veto getting played after William publicly states he's not using the power of veto he won in competition remains to be seen.

Parch

If they can convince William that Kevin is safe and Bruno is guaranteed to go, then he should see that no veto is the best move because there's going to be bunch of pissed off people if he does use one. Everybody else pretty much want the noms to remain the same. I have little faith that William is capable of logical thought and he will guarantee to save his love interest. William is going to lose a lot of cred and respect if he uses a veto.

Another factor could be production getting in William's ear. For the TV drama they're going to want him to use a veto.

Holmes

Jackie can be easily swayed to boot Bruno by making a newbs vs. vets argument, but Karen would probably somehow fuck it up somehow, pushing Jackie away from her.

Parch

Karen is pissed. They were outside catching some sun by the hot tub when she really started ripping into Kevin with some serious insults. She can be a real firecracker dropping F-bombs when she gets mad. Kevin took it all calmly and was eventually saved when he got called to the DR.

Dillon and Dre had to calm her down and tell her to chill. If she's going to be all psycho lunatic, it's not going to help keep her in the house.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Karen is pissed. They were outside catching some sun by the hot tub when she really started ripping into Kevin with some serious insults. She can be a real firecracker dropping F-bombs when she gets mad. Kevin took it all calmly and was eventually saved when he got called to the DR.

Dillon and Dre had to calm her down and tell her to chill. If she's going to be all psycho lunatic, it's not going to help keep her in the house.

Sounds like Ika has told Karen she can rest easy, is this her and Bruno's first time on the block in BBCan5?

Honestly Karen is the main reason I'm watching right now, if she goes I think the series is going to lose a lot of energy.

Yado

lol, gave up on this season but I had to look that up. Karen is hilarious. Kevin comes across as a weirdo to me as well tbh, everything he does seems fake/rehearsed.

Yado

God I wish he was going home this week. I'm sick of his stans acting like he's a wounded baby bird every time he's involved in the mildest confrontation.

UberTag

God I wish he was going home this week. I'm sick of his stans acting like he's a wounded baby bird every time he's involved in the mildest confrontation.
Not only that but he was clearly pushing her buttons there to provoke an outburst.
Kevin knew exactly what he was doing.

It's been a wild ride ever since Neda got evicted. From Dre running around slowly but surely planning Demika's demise to her tricking Ika into believing she has her back 1000% to William winning a bunch of comps every time the other houseguests shit on him to Ika and Dem getting into really stupid fights it's been great.

Parch

Demetre walks out in his bear costume and the first thing Ika says is "How are you going to cook the bacon now?" The princess doesn't do anything.
He has to wear that hot and itchy outfit for a week and has to sleep in the backyard in a bear den they made for him.

Parch

Bruno knows he's gone so now he's trying to help Kevin as much as possible. Unfortunate he's going because he seems like the one that really knows what's going on the best. He's 100% correct telling Bear and Cougar they're biggest targets next week, but Bruno's scrambling is too late to save himself. Ika is a damn fine player and has her claws in a lot of players. Next HOH is pretty important but with Dem unable to play there's good odds one of them is next. Those 2 in power is painful to watch. This week needs to be over.

Crazy Karen has cooled off because she's convinced that she's leaving. Poor, crazy, paranoid, Karen. Entertaining but she just rambles on with her stories and theories convinced that she's got it all figured out, but she doesn't. Bruno and Kevin are filtering whatever info they can get from her right now.

There's still plenty of alliance swapping capable of happening. Dem/Ika, Will/Dre, and Karen/Dillon are the main pairs but Kevin and Jackie being wildcards can mix up the house depending on who's got the power. Probably more twists on the way too. There has to be another double eviction or an instant eviction or something to get down the numbers to make the finale deadline.

NYR

Kevin is one the worst best players ever. Over rated bitch. He sucks at the game, when he gets caught in a lie he can't do shit. Fuck him and his gay for pay attitude, it's horrible what he is dong to William.

UberTag

EVICTION NIGHT SPOILERS

Bruno was evicted by a vote of 5-1; Kevin voting, naturally, to evict Karen
Endurance comp for HOH presently under 'weigh' - pun intended
Triple eviction episode on tap for next week

Parch

Kevin is one the worst best players ever. Over rated bitch. He sucks at the game, when he gets caught in a lie he can't do shit.
Kevin has made a bunch of mistakes this season. When he gets confronted he has no response and just sits there looking dumb. He thinks he can charm his way out of everything but has no idea what to do when he can't.

Based on the profiles I thought this might be an active group working out all the time but this has to be the laziest bunch in BB history. They just lye around all day. Even Demetre who is obviously a workout beast makes excuses saying the equipment isn't good enough to have a decent workout. Since they're always laying around BB is constantly telling them to wake up, nap time is over. Maybe they should put more chairs in there instead of couches just so they're not always falling asleep.

Kevin is one the worst best players ever. Over rated bitch. He sucks at the game, when he gets caught in a lie he can't do shit. Fuck him and his gay for pay attitude, it's horrible what he is dong to William.
I laughed because they spent most of the Veto comp episode trying to frame Kevin as this mastermind god playing William but they had no choice but to show the part where Dre shits on his entire existence and he just sits there looking like a dumbass without being able to say anything back. What's even more funny is that in the feeds after that confrontation the guy literally gave up and stopped campaigning, he would have been fucked had it not been for Will.

UberTag

Seems like Demetres and Ika are about to have their heads put up on the chopping block together.
The vets this season are a collective 0-6 in surviving a Thursday eviction vote against a newbie.

Dallas went home against Emily.
Cassandra went home against Jackie.
Gary went home against Dre.
Neda went to jury against Dillon.
Sindy went to jury against Jackie.
And Bruno went to jury against Karen.

Time to see whether Ika can break the streak.

That said, Demetres hasn't had to survive an eviction vote since Week 1... and that wound up being the closest vote of the season.
And that was prior to him winning 3 HOH comps and one power of veto. He's clearly the competition threat of the two.

Tregard

Soothsayer
No need for spoiler tags post-episode air. We only spoiler taping results here.
Heck, I've already updated the OP with the latest.

So what makes sense for Kevin? Put up Demika and pray that Demetres doesn't bag the Veto? Try and make friends with Ika by putting up three newbies?

Parch

Ika Dem pity party all day, with the occasional break for Ika to be bitchy to everybody else. Says she's gonna raise hell if they eliminate her boy toy. I don't think it really matters. Eliminating the comp beast if possible is probably the better play. Ika will still be a target. She might think she still has Dre and Will but she doesn't. The noobs are eager to finish off the vets.

Kevin trying to get in good with those noobs but his days are numbered too. Good chance Kevin is gone as part of the triple eviction.

Parch

Interesting seeing the TV shows vs the live feeds. I have no doubt that production tells the players to openly discuss possible scenarios, even when the houseguests have clearly made up their minds. Then they use that footage on the shows just to provide some TV uncertainty and eviction drama possibilities. Gotta create that TV voting drama.

Ika is a real piece of work. Total queen when in power, but completely loses it when that power is lost. That's the whole key to success in Big Brother. It's how much you can be a non-target when you don't have control of game. Players fail big time when they don't realize this. Like or not, floating is a legitimate strategy in this game.

I kinda feel bad for Jackie. Despite completely hating her "like" verbal disability, she has been used liked no other in BB and currently has no alliance in the house. Every decision she has made has been a failure and just can't do anything right. She will totally be a throw away eviction that nobody cares about. She cleans up nice and it a total hotty, but is a terrible BB player.

UberTag

Jackie was bad casting. There's no other way to slice it. I can't take anyone seriously when they abuse "like" as a verbal crutch, either.

At least we'll have Ika in play for the triple eviction. Should be one for the books. Would love to see Kevin get bounced during one for the 2nd straight time.

UberTag

I haven't been following the live feeds tonight but it sounds like the most frenetic BB gameplay all season... due in large part to how messy both Ika and Dre's game is.
Dre was heading into the triple as the safest person in the house but I'm not so sure any more after tonight. Her game got exposed hardcore and William spent the night spazzing out.

I can easily envision Kevin / William / Dre all up on the block together on Triple Eviction night.

Amusingly enough, while all of this nonsense was going on, the person still set to be voted out first tomorrow night was sleeping soundly without a care in the world.

C-88WORW0AEdhda.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom