• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billions |OT| Starring Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis - Sundays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 2: episode 2 "Dead Cat Bounce"

Axe publicly spars with a rival hedge fund manager and with the help of a talented intern initiates a new financial play to hurt the competition. Chuck deploys his team to quickly find a high-profile case that might save his sinking status. Wendy navigates a minefield of questioning that could result in disaster for Chuck.
- Promo for this week's episode.

4 pages on this show is disgraceful. It's wonderful and has all the interesting political moves I loved in GoT.

I couldn't get along with this show at first, but on a 2nd go it fit and I think it's the best thing on TV right now. I hope this thread isn't a sign of how little it's watched generally or it will be cancelled :(

Tsukumo

Never heard of this thing before, even during the Gaf Tv-show of the year polls.
Mind-blown by the cast. So many big shots. Going to dive in today.

NYR

Looks like this season is all about Axe vs. Krakow with Chuck in a battle against himself. I like the spilt but those two forces need to circle back and lock horns eventually.

NYR

Love this show! I'm pulling for both Axe and Chuck, though Chuck is an asshole.
I wouldn't consider him an asshole, the character is set up to be "evil" in the eyes of the "evil" antagonist- Chuck is basically this character reborn - his "
I fucked Ted
" moment is stealing the notes.
latest

NYR

I'm loving that Taylor guy. Great show.
The Taylor character is actually non-binary, not transgender, doesn't use gender pronouns. This is evident in the line when they say they prefer "they, theirs, and them".

Shit post time: "d-did you just assume Taylor's gender?" ;)

DJwest

The Taylor character is actually non-binary, not transgender, doesn't use gender pronouns. This is evident in the line when they say they prefer "they, theirs, and them".

Shit post time: "d-did you just assume Taylor's gender?" ;)
Mind blown. Brb, watching the episode again.

Ashhong

Looks like this season is all about Axe vs. Krakow with Chuck in a battle against himself. I like the spilt but those two forces need to circle back and lock horns eventually.

Haven't watched this week's yet but aren't they already setting that up with Axe helping out the Spartan-Ives guy in his fight with Chuck?

FaceTurn

Just watched the pilot of this show. I'm a complete finance idiot so help me understand this. What's wrong with Bobby buying that beach house?

NYR

Great episode! Loved the ending! Figured they would have left it with a stare down, which I wood have been fine with.

Also, I hate Axe's wife.

Ashhong

Are we supposed to think the NFL fail was all part of his plan so that he can use it against Chuck? Or is that just a coincidence

jett

D-Member
I don't get the point of Axe's wife's storyline.

I think both wife's subplots are entirely pointless this season.

Are we supposed to think the NFL fail was all part of his plan so that he can use it against Chuck? Or is that just a coincidence

I'm pretty sure he really wanted that team. Now that's being rejected he's using it as ammo against Chuck

pa22word

The melodrama of this show absolutely kills it for me.

I love both Lewis and Giamatti, but my god does everything have to be the end of the world in this show? Everything is taken to the extreme with no nuance, and it makes the entire show exhausting to watch.

I keep watching it for both the main actors, but god the show is just so grating sometimes I feel that I can't keep from coming here and bitching about it because given the talent involved it should absolutely be a better show.

No, he just happened to realize at that moment that he had Chuck on the hook for tangible damages and the amount would be astronomical. And that had previously been one of the issues with the lawsuit, no way to prove tangible damages.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
No, he just happened to realize at that moment that he had Chuck on the hook for tangible damages and the amount would be astronomical. And that had previously been one of the issues with the lawsuit, no way to prove tangible damages.
Well no way to prove damages without opening their books, which would be suicide. This gives them damages that don't open their books up to scrutiny.

NYR

Great episode and SO GLAD Axes wife got served a hot plate of shut the fuck up with a side of welcome to the real world. So worth her awful storyline.

Boyd getting arrested was epic. You can tell Bobby was cracking on that one. A little foreshadowing imo.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
That was mad good.
The overall plot is pretty stupid, but goddammit if Giamatti and Lewis can't sell it.
I also have a sweet spot for Costabile, Wags' actor. He was great as Hardman in Suits, and he's goddamn great in this.

Caja 117

I ended up with the Impression that this was part of his plan, as I think he knew that the guy he met with was going to know Axe was behind those picture that were taken on their meeting and thus damage his bid for the NFL team.

jett

D-Member
That was mad good.
The overall plot is pretty stupid, but goddammit if Giamatti and Lewis can't sell it.
I also have a sweet spot for Costabile, Wags' actor. He was great as Hardman in Suits, and he's goddamn great in this.

Yeah Wags is great. I general the acting is top notch.

Ashhong

One thing I really like: I don't know shit about the stock market so all of the finance stuff could be a bunch of bullshit and I wouldn't know. This makes for a more enjoyable story to me, as I'm always impressed by the plays they do

faridmon

Man, Axel lost there big time and he knows it. Was the cause Chucks dads pulling the string?

Also Chuck being disappointing by his wife;s action was truly heartbreaking.

jett

D-Member
These characters are truly master manipulators. However, I do enjoy that when they win their wins aren't complete. Too bad Chuck isn't man enough to accept help from his wife.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Man, Axel lost there big time and he knows it. Was the cause Chucks dads pulling the string?

Also Chuck being disappointing by his wife;s action was truly heartbreaking.
Yeah, hopefully it doesn't come back to bite Chuck in the ass like the trucking company in the first season. Every now and then the show slides into the trope of making the smart characters smart by making other characters dumb - and that was a glaring instance in the first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom