• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite - City in the Sky trailer

This is the last one for me. Blackout starts now.

BI joins TLOU, GOW:A, and GTAV as games I have gone on blackout for but am definitely buying.

total-blackout-1_4395434_lrg.jpg

Begins now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can I ... click it?

Lunar15

This game went through some pretty severe creative changes. I really do not remember the religious references being as prominent in earlier trailers/demos. Comstock was more of a "founding father type", and while the founders did have the religious undertones, it felt more of a rich v. poor kind of deal. Now Comstock looks like a priest, and the religious stuff has been ramped up to ten.

Not that I mind, I just find it interesting to follow the progression.

SamusDecides

Neo Member
Dear Lord. I can't be the only one struggling not to watch the gameplay videos or the Docs about the enemy types. Gosh dangit. This game is gunna be sooooo good.

Really surprised to see such positive responses to the trailer. I guess kevin is really trying to reel in the dude bro. I know the final game wont be anything like that but the trailer was way too action packed. It looked like a summer blockbuster and not like bioshock.

Really surprised to see such positive responses to the trailer. I guess kevin is really trying to reel in the dude bro. I know the final game wont be anything like that but the trailer was way too action packed. It looked like a summer blockbuster and not like bioshock.

What is with all this denial/skepticism of the action elements of the game? This is a SHOOTER. There are times when you're gonna be shooting at things.

Ithil

need MOAR titties!

Day one DLC: Elizabeth's boobie dress.

I don't know what Bioshock you played, but I spend most of the gameplay in that shooting people in the face or beating them to death with a wrench.

Day one DLC: Elizabeth's boobie dress.

I don't know what Bioshock you played, but I spend most of the gameplay in that shooting people in the face or beating them to death with a wrench.

You mean the game i played to 100 percent completion five times? Action is just one very small part of what i consider to be bioshock. What sold me on the original game was that ten minute walkthrough that the developer played.

You mean the game i played to 100 percent completion five times? Action is just one very small part of what i consider to be bioshock. What sold me on the original game was that ten minute walkthrough that the developer played.

It's already been confirmed that Infinites opening that is exactly as story/atmosphere oriented as Bioshocks was is over 40 minutes long. I don't think you're gonna be disappointed somehow.

It's already been confirmed that Infinites opening that is exactly as story/atmosphere oriented as Bioshocks was is over 40 minutes long. I don't think you're gonna be disappointed somehow.

Did i say i was going to be disappointed? Read my original post. I said i know the final game wont be all action packed but you wouldnt get that from the trailer.

Did i say i was going to be disappointed? Read my original post. I said i know the final game wont be all action packed but you wouldnt get that from the trailer.

if you know the game won't be as action heavy as the trailer suggests, what's your issue with it? that it's trying to market itself to as many people as possible? think of this as an attract trailer, there are elements of story but also action. it's sole purpose is to attract people so they buy the game.

if you know the game won't be as action heavy as the trailer suggests, what's your issue with it? that it's trying to market itself to as many people as possible? think of this as an attract trailer, there are elements of story but also action. it's sole purpose is to attract people so they buy the game.

Really was just commenting on when ken said that they needed to appeal to the dude bros he must have really meant it.

I dunno I spent a lot of time in Bioshock murdering the shit out of things.

Really was just commenting on when ken said that they needed to appeal to the dude bros he must have really meant it.

while I don't like the term dude-bros (mainly because a few of my friends are hardcore fps fans and none of them are dude-bros), it is an unfortunate fact certain groups do have to be pandered to a little to make sure your game is as big of a success as you want / hope it will be.

I'd much rather have more trailers like the icarus one, but those just aren't going to capture the attention of certain groups who are needed to make this game a success.

while I don't like the term dude-bros (mainly because a few of my friends are hardcore fps fans and none of them are dude-bros), it is an unfortunate fact certain groups do have to be pandered to a little to make sure your game is as big of a success as you want / hope it will be.

I'd much rather have more trailers like the icarus one, but those just aren't going to capture the attention of certain groups who are needed to make this game a success.

Which is interesting, because Irrational really doesn't need to attempt to pander to anyone. Bioshock 1 sold very well and presumably, almost everyone that bought it are gonna buy Infinite either a launch or a little later on.

This has to be some sort of memo from the higher ups at 2K which has forced their hand. It would make sense because that awesome Twilight Zone esque trailer was almost certainly made to pander to the Story crowd.

Andrew.

Banned
Oh I do, but Derrick is different. Guy hates everything.

His attitude is turning out to be a joke now though to be quite honest. It's like he purposely shits up threads with cockamamie opinions being stated as facts when everyone is having a positive time and cool neutral discussion. Personally I feel he really brings down the forums good natured vibe. It's a shame mods don't address this. After all the stories about that Dragoona chick or whatever her name was, she probably would have had his ass permanently canned by now.

I wish it would happen.

I did all that and found exploring every nook and cranny of the world and getting all the audiotapes and piecing together what really happened much much more satisfying.

Oh it definitely was for me, too. The combat was repetitive and boring because of the limited enemy variety and poor encounter design. But it was by no means a small part of the game.

Derrick01

Banned
His attitude is turning out to be a joke now though to be quite honest. It's like he purposely shits up threads with cockamamie opinions being stated as facts when everyone is having a positive time and cool neutral discussion. Personally I feel he really brings down the forums good natured vibe.

Your whining about me in every thread is probably just as annoying. And a little weird.

Which is interesting, because Irrational really doesn't need to attempt to pander to anyone. Bioshock 1 sold very well and presumably, almost everyone that bought it are gonna buy Infinite either a launch or a little later on.

This has to be some sort of memo from the higher ups at 2K which has forced their hand. It would make sense because that awesome Twilight Zone esque trailer was almost certainly made to pander to the Story crowd.

I can believe this. I wonder if they did this because of the delay to gta5? they need a big hit on their books before their next quarterly figures (assuming), so maybe that's why the campaign is trying to appeal to as many groups as possible?

for example, and I might be wrong, but I don't remember bioshock 1 having this many trailers or having such an odd trailer campaign where each trailer is different in almost everything to the last.

"Very small"??? Come on dude. Other than a great atmosphere and intriguing characters (which I'm sure this game will have), action and using weapons+plasmids is the other 50% of the game. Let's not kid ourselves.

It's a shame to see all the positive praise of Bioshock with no mention of System Shock 2, which is a superior game IMO. Anyone on here who's not played SS2, needs to make it a priority.

That said, i am quite excited for Infinite.

Top Bottom