• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite delayed (February 26th, 2013)

Vire

Man this reeks of Take-Two coming down hard on Irrational to include multiplayer.

Fuck this earth.

Angry Fork

Bioshock is my favorite game this gen. Have played through it so many times now. Irrational and Ken Levine are gods. I am.... Very Bothered. by this announcement.

It will be worth the wait, but this is not kew.

sazzy

Diablo III + Mists of Pandaria + whatever is left in my backlog + work + college makes me not so troubled about this.

U2NUMB

I am .. ok with this. The fall was gonna be crazy and this will allow the game to breathe. Sucks as I wanted to play it but we will all make it.

NHale

Uh oh...

No E3 showing when the game was showed last year and marketing already at full strength is never a good sign imho.

Corto

Infinitetrailer610.jpg

Curufinwe

I wonder if this delay will mean the PC version of the game will ship without the mouse acceleration and widescreen issues both Bioshock and Bioshock 2 had at launch.

Bullshit. This is the game I was most looking forward to this year. This is why January-March is always so crowded now days, the games that aim for the holiday season inevitably end up delayed a few months.

joke post?

Ehhmmm no. I was also happy when GTA IV was delayed to the next year. It's a wise choice to delay and polish the game some more. So much more potential sales when the shelves aren't stocked with other AAA-games. RE6 and ACIII are really strong brands. Not saying that Bioshock isn't but I'm guessing most people will choose RE or AC instead of Bioshock if they could only pick 1 game. Just look at how good Operation Raccoon City sold :/

Kajiba

Bioshock multiplayer is really not needed. I hope its not that and just someting more extra like "party like it's 1999". I'll be more happy if it is something like that.

MrDaravon

I'm okay with this (Fall was getting crazy busy), but this game wasn't #1 on my list like it was for some folks so definitely understand the disappointment. It is weird that they had such a specific date so far in advance then wound up delaying it.

Vire

For the people who are saying Fall is getting crazy busy anyway, what are you looking forward to?

Cause I only have Halo 4 and AC3 left on my list for the rest of the year now. :/

Saty

Better statement:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-09-bioshock-infinite-delayed-to-2013
"When we announced the release date of BioShock Infinite in March, we felt pretty good about the timing," he said.

"Since then, we've come to realize that some specific tweaks and improvements will make Infinite into something even more extraordinary. Therefore, to give our talented team the time they need, we've decided to move the game's release to February 26, 2013. We wanted to let our loyal (and very patient!) fans know this as soon as possible.

"I won't kid you: BioShock Infinite is a very big game, and we're doing things that no one has ever done in a first-person shooter. We had a similar experience with the original BioShock, which was delayed several months as our original ship date drew near. Why? Because the Big Daddies weren't the Big Daddies you've since come to know and love. Because Andrew Ryan's golf club didn't have exactly the right swing. Because Rapture needed one more coat of grimy Art Deco. "The same principle now applies to BioShock Infinite.

"What does this mean for you? It means a bit more waiting, but more importantly, it means an even better BioShock Infinite. The great can be made greater, and we owe it to both ourselves and to you, our fans, to take this opportunity. Irrational Games is one of those rare developers lucky enough to ask the people who sign the checks: 'Hey, can we have a few more of those checks?'"

The game won't be at E3 or Gamescom.

Danielsan

For the people who are saying Fall is getting crazy busy anyway, what are you looking forward to?

Cause I only have Halo 4 and AC3 left on my list for the rest of the year now. :/
The Last of Us. Hopefully. Perhaps the new Tomb Raider.
I'm not even going to mention The Last Guardian anymore. At this point I simply hope it ever sees the light of day.

Vire

The Last of Us. Hopefully. Perhaps the new Tomb Raider.
I'm not even going to mention The Last Guardian anymore. At this point I simply hope it ever sees the light of day.

Was The Last Of Us confirmed for 2012? If so, maybe my fall got a tiny bit brighter.

I thought that was coming out 2013.

Feindflug

RE6, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, Forza Horizon? I'm sure I miss some other interesting games as well...Fall is looking great but having Bioshock Infinite being delayed doesn't suck less IMO. :(

Pre-ordered this June 2011. :/

Really? I never understood preordering a game 2 months or more in advance unless it was some sort of special edition with limited quantities. I've always preordered my games 2 weeks before release date & ive never had an issue getting my copy.

Different strokes I guess.

Coen

I just hope it's not a case of development-hell... :(

edit: yeah, this definitely sounds like a scenario like The Last Guardian.

This saddens me but I'll still have Farcry 3 and Halo 4 this fall to help soften the blow.

Its interesting that Levine says the game is going dark from here on out though.

Top Bottom