• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

I just want the shooting to not be shit this time.

I can't say shooting is awesome. But wouldn't call it shit either. Some basic info i posted on other thread, posting here as well so people who are interested might know:

Good so far. Textures are fine unlike what that guy said in his review. It runs well as well. But haven't been in a combat situation yet. Also production values are SKY HIGH. Sound design is awesome too. I am not going to talk about art design since its an Irrational Games product. You know the answer. There is also this thiing, when you press up on D-pad it shows a way through your objective..

Started playing it. Notes:

-I expected a lenghty mandatory installation but it just went straight to the main menu after logos.
- I checked game data without exiting the game to see it empty. It seems it has no mandatory install at all. Pretty surprised.
-It is possible to enable vertical synch in options.
-You can turn on or off enemy health bars, highlight searchable objects, important objects.
-You can enable or disable HUD markers
-Three control schemes, default, marksman,retro
-There is move controller options, i forgot that you could use Move.

-There is a ''Load Chapter'' option as well. Nice.

Starting normal difficulty. Here it goes.

The audio diaries are there. And called Voxophones. Also you can play and read those on the menu whenever you want. Also one correction, disabling HUD markers option disables stuff like Elizabeth's callout icons.

By the way there are fun mini-games in it. And i said it was not needed to speak about its art design but this surpasses Bioshock in every possible way so far in terms of art design. City looks just so beautiful.

I'm wondering what differences, if any, there will be between the 360 and PS3 versions. Based on what Irrational/Ken has said previously, it sounds like the performance differences will be minimal.

Jb

I can't say shooting is awesome. But wouldn't call it shit either. Some basic info i posted on other thread, posting here as well so people who are interested might know:

How would you compare the gunplay to Bio 1? Are most of the enemies bullet sponges or do they go down fairly quickly? How's the "feedback" of the guns, satisfying?

How would you compare the gunplay to Bio 1? Are most of the enemies bullet sponges or do they go down fairly quickly? How's the "feedback" of the guns, satisfying?

Its definetely better than Bio 1. Also they die fairly quickly. One-two pistol shots in the chest and they go down. Size of enemy squads are what makes the game harder. Otherwise they go down fairly easy.

Have you given 1999 mode a try?

No, sir. I haven't.

Vasili2K38

People, I don't know if anyone can answer me, but there are any Move impressions? Because I'm very burned of bad implementation of Move games (except first party games), and it's the only thing that can make me buy the PS3 version. And it would be an excellent game to dust off my Move ;_; .

noomi

very curious about the length of the game here. I plan on doing lots of exploring and taking my time so I can enjoy every bit of it :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Great OT, really informative.

So you're not mad, you weren't mentioned in the OT :) ?

broken sarcasm detector? it was a joke mister.

and i said i will be "sad", at least try to get it right ;)

Actually kept out of all the main hype threads about this game, it is going to be super awesome. I at least hope it will be. I mean a city in the air is freaking bad ass to begin with.

Hadn't seen that IGN weapons video. Looking at it now. Great OT!

I know I've said this before, but Elizabeth's outfits are fantastic. I'd love to wear them myself.

Danj

Great OP. Just a reminder all the preorder tiers have unlocked on steam so you get XCom: Enemy Unknown, Bioshock 1, and the TF2 hats when you purchase!

So I guess I should pick this up then. Shame it comes out on the 26th and not the 28th when I get paid.

Does the game still have stereoscopic 3d support on PS3? It was confirmed last month, but now that its out there, i'd be glad to know it didn't get cut.

Always thought the first Bioshock was a vastly overrated game. Skipped the second one altogether. Damn am I hyped for this one though. What a difference a new setting and the absence of a silent protagonist can make.

FartOfWar

Banned
They should if the game is as easy on Hard as it's sounding. People should have the option available if they want to use it.

It'll be available for you trust me, and the guy posting comments is in the intro of the game. If you want this game to kick your ass it will.

Nando13

I've waited two and a half years for this baby! Don't let me down Ken and Irrational!

Great OT btw.

images

Top Bottom