• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Andrew.

Banned
Sucks the thread has become a minefield. Im staying out guys. Ill see you all later next week. It's been fun, but as proven, assholes really exist.

If you wanna get in touch PM me or hit me up on PSN.

antitrop

Well... they did both conclude the story. But beyond that, I honestly have no idea how anyone could say that with a straight face.
What I really meant to say is that they were all equally disappointing and unnecessary. They don't feel fleshed out enough to bother going down the route they chose.

No matter which ending you get, it doesn't make the overall experience of the game feel any different. It's very arbitrary and feels tacked-on. I never played Mass Effect 3, but when people started bitching about the worthless "slightly different" endings I was instantly reminded of Bioshock.

I believe the actual in-game, in-engine ending of Bioshock is fantastic. I just hate the CG shit after that.

Bioshock 1 endings were either Dr. Evil Austin Powers take over the world bad ending, or Lifetime channel happy-happy awwww saccrhine good ending. Both were terrible for a game that seemed to offer so much more in the first half in the game.

Moving on.

Does anyone know if Steam will do a preload? I would think so, just wondering when it usually starts for games.

I hope they do, my internet sucks ass and I wanna play right at launch. I don't wanna have to wait a day longer than everyone else, cos it will likely be a huge download judging by the HDD space needed

I hope they do, my internet sucks ass and I wanna play right at launch. I don't wanna have to wait a day longer than everyone else, cos it will likely be a huge download judging by the HDD space needed

The amazon preorder says that they'll be handing out keys on Friday so I'm guessing yes to the preload

Muffdraul

What I really meant to say is that they were all equally disappointing and unnecessary. They don't feel fleshed out enough to bother going down the route they chose.

No matter which ending you get, it doesn't make the overall experience of the game feel any different. It's very arbitrary and feels tacked-on. I never played Mass Effect 3, but when people started bitching about the worthless "slightly different" endings I was instantly reminded of Bioshock.

I believe the actual in-game, in-engine ending of Bioshock is fantastic. I just hate the CG shit after that.

Yeah, they were both terse and seemed like "Well, we need to put something here, we can't just kick the player back to the main menu right after the final boss hits the ground." But obviously in terms of the ending of the story they were complete opposites.

Syrinx

Bioshock 1 endings were either Dr. Evil Austin Powers take over the world bad ending, or Lifetime channel happy-happy awwww saccrhine good ending. Both were terrible for a game that seemed to offer so much more in the first half in the game.

Yeah the endings really were poor. Both were very anticlimactic and didn't fit with what they had set up at all.

Did some jackass drop major spoilers in here or something? I should probably bail out then.

aravuus

Sorry was trying to be helpful to keep posters in this thread protected

Also the PM I got can be fake as fuck

I don't really have the spoilers in picture or writing form, just second hand account

I PM'ed Andrew. as soon as the post came up to stop him from posting in here, just in case

If I have to eat a ban, I'll happily do so

Ah well, whatever. You were doing the best you could.

Honestly, Bioshock 1 and 2 were good mostly because of the gameplay. I loved the twist in the first one, no doubt about that and I'm glad I wasn't spoiled about it even though I played the game years after release, but I also enjoyed later playthroughs. It was the awesome gameplay that made me love the first games. Spoiling a game like this isn't nearly as bad as spoiling, say, VLR or 999 to me.

Syrinx

Just keep it in perspective guys. Yesterday some unfortunate folks (including myself) had to stumble upon some guy posting a pic of a woman sucking a horse's dick. So...yeah.

Thread's getting hot

ifT7vL1GuWUTa.gif

You know whats funny since it takes like 9 months to be approved on this site you would think the chances of this stuff are less likely to happen then say Twitter which someone can keep making accounts.

Whats also funny I don't remember what I read on the spoiler LOLOLOL I think I just men in blacked myself.

Ziek

You know whats funny since it takes like 9 months to be approved on this site you would think the chances of this stuff are less likely to happen then say Twitter which someone can keep making accounts.

9 months? I was accepted overnight. Maybe I got lucky?

It took a year and a half for my account to be approved. Some people will suicide over the dumbest shit. Folorium in the A. Gies thread being the most recent. Makes me feel hesitant to even be in here, but I need something to bide the time til release :l

Ordered the Premium Edition from Wally World cause I had a $60 gift card. Hope it gets here day one

Syrinx

I got in after only a week. And I seemed to get in after a wave of new juniors. Maybe it depends on the type of e-mail address you use? I used my university e-mail, which I imagine doesn't take long to verify.

And apparently Folorium committed suicide? What'd he do? Didn't follow him much as a poster but I knew who he was.

Whats also funny I don't remember what I read on the spoiler LOLOLOL I think I just men in blacked myself.

Took a week for me :/
Also I was trying hard to forget but the more I tried the more I remembered and it gnawed at my brain. Now it's impossible not to know

I preordered this game in June 2011 and the last time I saw it in motion was during E3 2011. I have no idea of what to expect or even if I will like it.....

I love how we all assumed it was real, anyone could have made that up unless its in picture or video form its bs.

I can make up an ending.

I already have, like 5 times in the thread. I'm glad I apparently knew instinctively when they'd no longer be funny.

I hate living in the South. Unless you live within a couple hours of Austin (which I guess virtually no one does unless they live in San Antonio or Waco), there's never anything interesting at our midnight launches.

Muffdraul

I preordered this game in June 2011 and the last time I saw it in motion was during E3 2011. I have no idea of what to expect or even if I will like it.....

Boy, are you in for a surprise! I wish I could be there when you first boot it up and find out that they changed it from FPS/action-adventure to a falling-block puzzle game.

I love how we all assumed it was real, anyone could have made that up unless its in picture or video form its bs.

I can make up an ending.

Well when you visit other forums and see similar spoils then it becomes a little harder to ignore. All the spoilers have been fairly similar and would actually fit.

I really hope it's fake but I wouldn't be surprised if it was legit, I'm not fooling myself

Zaventem

Fuckfuck fuck fuc....i saw something i wasn't supposed to on another forum.God damn that screenshot probably ruined it for me.I already know what to expect.

Guess Who

Banned
Boy, are you in for a surprise! I wish I could be there when you first boot it up and find out that they changed it from FPS/action-adventure to a falling-block puzzle game.

The plot twist is that Pipe Dream is now the main game and shooting is now the minigame.

Also requesting fan art of Booker falling into Elizabeth's cleavage Catherine-style. A joke that works on two levels!

Daft_Cat

Where are you guys seeing the PS3 footage/the menu, and all that?

I'm open to the idea of receiving a link via a PM, as long as it's not going to spoil the ending.

Top Bottom