• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection - Announcement Trailer

Never played Bioshock 2 despite picking up CE on clearance. I'll probably pick this up at some-point; that commentary track is something I'd definitely like to check out.

Melchiah

Day one, if the price is right. Although, I probably will only play the 3rd, and the beginning of the 1st. As much as I loved them, they all drag down towards the end.

EDIT:
Never played Bioshock 2 despite picking up CE on clearance. I'll probably pick this up at some-point; that commentary track is something I'd definitely like to check out.

The 2nd one is better gameplay-wise than the 1st. Its only downside is, that it's a sequel, and therefore lacks the impact of its predecessor. Minerva's Den DLC is also fantastic.

Hope they're gonna offer some way to upgrade from the old game like Bethesda did with Skyrim Remaster

Probably not gonna happen cause 2k are assholes

Lucifon

Might get this when it's cheap. Absolutely love the series but I already have them on PC and I'm not too bothered about playing again just yet. Do want it for my collection though.

Never played Bioshock, so I'm mildly interested. Though I've never heard good things about 2 or Infinite. Then again I heard praise for Infinite the first few weeks and then suddenly all I saw was hate.

you never heard good things about infinite? it almost stole goty from last of us in 2013.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder what the PC version will entail, and whether they'll be charging PC owner who already own all three games for it.

My guess is:

... I'm expecting 2K to follow in the footsteps of Bethesda and give the Collection to those who own absolutely everything (Bio1 + Bio2 + Minerva's Den + BioInf + [Burial at Sea]), with there being various loyalty discount tiers to account for the remaining current owners of something BioShock (Bethesda hasn't announced this for Skyrim SE but presumably will).

Edit: Bio1 owners get Bio1R free and ditto for those who own Bio2 and Minerva's Den. BioInf isn't being re-released.

jediyoshi

RlIbpD0.jpg

whew

bioshock 1 physics fix please and thanks

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
BioShock Infinite is not being remastered on PC because it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings.

BioShock: The Collection will not include BioShock 2 multiplayer.

BioShock

The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.

BioShock 2 (**Multiplayer will not be included)

Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you've never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva's Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.

BioShock Infinite

Burial at Sea - Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
Columbia's Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.

https://blog.2k.com/news/bioshock-the-collection-announcement

AlStrong

Would be nice if they could implement a player shadow for the first two games (where there are certain lights that cast dynamic shadows).

Infinite is one of my all time favourite games I can't wait.

60fps would be a nice bonus but just getting the game running smoothly is enough for me as it was a bit of a disaster on ps3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So I should buy the Bioshock bundle now then to get the free upgrade as it's super cheap ATM.

amdb00mer

Waiting for the inevitable comparison video like the one that was done for the Batman: Return to Arkham collection.

Top Bottom