• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online Closed Beta Thread: Works on F2P? No, money down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, Orwen, Channel 3 for US peoples (or EU people that want to play with US people). I'll be on most of the day after I wake up (because I really, really need some sleep). We have a discord channel for chatting. If you need a link, let me know. I will probably be on around 10-11am EST.

Also, BDO Templates is back online. See crazy character customization here: http://www.bdotemplates.com/

Couple of choice ones
1-653-1024x576.jpg
0-692.jpg

emma-watson-1280x720-black-desert-online.jpg
0-205-1024x432.jpg

2-69-1024x576.jpg
1-50-1024x563.jpg

0-546.jpg

Hellers

Looks like their main website is offline too. The joys of MMO launches :)

Is GAF running really slowly for anyone else?

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
"Authentication Temporarily Unavailable".....and the clicking continues....

Edit: There's no Channel 3 in Orwen. It looks like

T6YODsWkYUPouABaVUBA2km0aT4pJylLR31FwMExTIG2Va1fPo0X_MD9CW03syPQFThK7Lb1cLQEnvFQAogFpW7tbSsb-uCunB-MjbSIdaCf1zab5T5kXPnk8KZ-TQHorgCpz5gzdIgmLDU6oeNTOkBRho7CrOxV15dxhctFyuvWkLqW3Dsnovtu3yJoHR4abQXcGSdfl3drXtdklmLaRDh2J7g3DmVIJsm3sLdzTS4Gt6sG1wkT10owKU1p-M96px0rgEmMgUOe_dK15TtLIBCo2veeeFp3JH7-E3UQZVLyd_o05NlsMkR1iOVrNvyEkj9fQNqqQ1xFtvjyYZc_vVy9KapvnC1MfcK4tC6uekFQPWATSdYntDzmM5TRV-JwjwRH0ohxif796-oQkuw1LSZdzy7xb92lJfwjEVvHEnIBztr0FXYO0kDt82UBJ_6TH_d2Pj-M1Pw2UARTkum4dV7jjZHZER7BpA_MGBnkYc-ToM17Va8ufRtCNfkuzlNVwFn0ZJw7E9EydKNXbOONVos_6qx2xJvENgNgsJst5yDwnflGpwvNGSPHjaYWWKgxKyo4=w447-h851-no

nataku

New patch, 538.98MB.

Guess I should have opened the client again to check before launch. Oh well.

Also, GAF slow as hell for anyone

NA GAF SERVER AT LAUNCH: ORWEN

CHANNEL: 3, IF FULL 4, IF FULL 5. etc

Tired of having to repeat myself, scroll up guys :p

So, channel wise what should we try picking first with the new channel setup? Everything is just:

Velia 01

Balenos 01
Balenos 02

Calpheon 01
Calpheon 02

Serendia 01

Jayhawk

I'm on Orwen, Calpheon-1 channel with family name 'Snake' and character name 'Venom'. Befriend me while we wait for the rest to join the game. Calpheon was channel 3 in CBT2, so that's why I picked it for today.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on Orwen, Calpheon-1 channel with family name 'Snake' and character name 'Venom'. Befriend me while we wait for the rest to join the game. Calpheon was channel 3 in CBT2, so that's why I picked it for today.

Adding you. Family name "Xiaoyu" and character name "Aimok".

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to add Snake but not finding the character either with Family Name or Character Name. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Jayhawk

Trying to add Snake but not finding the character either with Family Name or Character Name. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

It says I sent a FR to you. I also sent a whisper to your character. I've experienced wonky issues with adding friends during CBT2, so you might be experiencing that.

nataku

Messed around with tweaking my character from beta, but didn't create her yet since I won't be playing tonight. I'll just save the work and give it one final look over tomorrow morning.

Matty8787

Can't wait to play, looks like I will be going on the US serv since not many going for the EU.

Travellers pack means I can play wednesday yeah?

Hellers

I'm having a few issues.

1. The black spirit constantly reports I need to talk to him. I don't
2. I can't get the map up. Pressing M does nothing

Baliis

Man, if I'd known they were gonna drop the price on the costumes so that the $100 pack could get one with the $25 it includes, I prob woulda just gone with that.

Jayhawk

Killed the first giant imp from the scroll a few times with other GAF members, and started refilling energy on a few characters. Going to afk fish on my main while I sleep. Good luck, everyone!

Loginius

If anyone wants to play on EU I settled for "Alustin" on Ch"Balenos A2".
Feel free to add me, family name is "OfTheGreatSwamp"

Matty8787

On my character reservation screen, it says Europe at the top.

I can still pick the US server right? I have US picked on the patcher atm but I still am torn where I am going to play.

Ricker

On my character reservation screen, it says Europe at the top.

I can still pick the US server right? I have US picked on the patcher atm but I still am torn where I am going to play.

Yes,you can switch back and forth from EU/NA as much as you want,language etc etc...although if you play in EU you might get the weird Z is W keyboard thing.

Patching 1.17 GB now but I will see you guys wednesday,traveller guy here ;)

Matty8787

Yes,you can switch back and forth from EU/NA as much as you want,language etc etc...although if you play in EU you might get the weird Z is W keyboard thing.

Patching 1.17 GB now but I will see you guys wednesday,traveller guy here ;)

Wait what?

My Z will become my W?

Can you preload the game without buying the game ? I would like to use one of those trials before I buy this game. Maybe someone would give me a trial code pretty please ? :)

Ricker

Can you preload the game without buying the game ? I would like to use one of those trials before I buy this game. Maybe someone would give me a trial code pretty please ? :)

I will have a few codes once I figure out how to get them...hopefully e-mail ;)

EDIT: just read that the 7 days guest pass will be sent after launch on the 3rd...

I have no idea why they're keeping the shop closed until launch. What difference does it make?

Maybe they need more time to make those adjustments they announced or they want to minimize the complaints until after launch. Also, it sounds like they aren't doing anything about the dye system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom