• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online Closed Beta Thread: Works on F2P? No, money down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Made my Ranger. Let's do this.

2016-02-28_162595231spxl0.jpg

cyress8

Banned
oh shi i forgot headstart was this early, fucking sweet

will be joining on tuesday, eu. no idea on server just yet
Better hurry, already have level 36 on my channel. Guaranteed to have lvl 50s today. People are fishing like crazy too. From Veila and all the way down the coast you see people fishing.

nataku

Hopefully none of you are on the Seredia channels.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/...-server-character-placement-issue-resolution/

Greetings Adventurers,

As previously announced, there has been an issue for the NA Servers. Character made on the Seredia Channels were placed on the wrong server, this issue was limited specifically to the Serendia Channels. We are now in the process of correcting this issue, unfortunately the characters affected by this will remain on the server they are on currently.

If you do not wish to continue playing on that server you will need to make a new character on your preferred server.

After our analysis it has been determined that due to the limited number of player impacted versus those not impacted and the amount of time invested, this is the best course of action. To perform a full wipe, or to manually relocate the Serendia characters would simply take too long and would nullify the benefit from the head start period.

We will take measures to ensure that everyone is able to claim their pre-order items on the desired character, regardless of where they may have ended up due to this issue. We are also looking into compensation for the trouble this has caused and as soon as it is determined we will update you via the forums.

All name related issues, both character and guild, will be addressed. Once we have determined the best course of action we will update this thread.

Windam

Scaley member
So I got into CBT2 with a key I got from a giveaway and after playing for a bit, impulse bought the Conqueror's package, but holy shit the USD -> CAD conversion rate is balls. Haven't touched the game since before CBT2 ended, and now Daum says "it'll look into" whether I'm eligible for a refund. I dun goof'd by even buying this package, didn't I? Fuark

Jolkien

So I got into CBT2 with a key I got from a giveaway and after playing for a bit, impulse bought the Conqueror's package, but holy shit the USD -> CAD conversion rate is balls. Haven't touched the game since before CBT2 ended, and now Daum says "it'll look into" whether I'm eligible for a refund. I dun goof'd by even buying this package, didn't I? Fuark

If you are broke and did not realize you were paying in USD.. then yes you fucked up. As a fellow canadian I went for the 50 USD package. But I regret not going conqueror and being able to play currently :p If you did not log with your package you have a shot at a refund and I hope you will. It was clearly stated when you before logging into the game with a package that logging into CBT2 was voiding your possibility for a refund but since you used a giveaway key, hopefully the employee handling your case has a good day ;)

Hikami

Damn, still have to wait til Tuesday for my headstart. At least the Conqueror's Pack people are testing the waters for bugs first.

Windam

Scaley member
If you are broke and did not realize you were paying in USD.. then yes you fucked up. As a fellow canadian I went for the 50 USD package. But I regret not going conqueror and being able to play currently :p If you did not log with your package you have a shot at a refund and I hope you will. It was clearly stated when you before logging into the game with a package that logging into CBT2 was voiding your possibility for a refund but since you used a giveaway key, hopefully the employee handling your case has a good day ;)

I realized it was USD and I'm not necessarily broke, but... I'm not sure how long I'll stick around. :D I have a tendency to jump on MMOs at launch and then burn out quickly. I didn't log in to the game after purchasing the pack so I didn't get a warning message, and it was a giveaway key so hopefully they'll be nice. If not, I'll just have to make this $141 worth it. :D .__.

Ashodin

I would appreciate it if no one took the GAF clan name until I get in in a couple days. If someone else not in GAF does, I'll just make another official one.

CoLaN

This game is AMAZING. I got to Velia, a city near the sea, and started the tutorial crafting quests. I started fishing, buying houses, managing workers, gathering, and i will make my first boat soon.

The amount of things to do that arent combat related is awesome.

This game is AMAZING. I got to Velia, a city near the sea, and started the tutorial crafting quests. I started fishing, buying houses, managing workers, gathering, and i will make my first boat soon.

The amount of things to do that arent combat related is awesome.

Yeah, I've spent more time just doing things like fishing than fighting today.

Boof

I see Orwen on my server list, but it's not letting me enter it. There is no indication that it's closed or anything... am I missing something?

Edit... I'm dumb. I have to select a channel... those aren't other servers... sigh

I'm assuming the channel doesn't matter as far as being in the guild right?

Tovarisc

Considering dipping into this one. While thinking on it more I have to ask, is 50€ edition worth the price tag or is cheaper way to go?

I see Orwen on my server list, but it's not letting me enter it. There is no indication that it's closed or anything... am I missing something?

Edit... I'm dumb. I have to select a channel... those aren't other servers... sigh

It doesn't. We'll mostly be in Calpheon 01 when it is open, though.

nataku

Shame it seems to take a long time to deliver your free stuff

I think they disabled delivery because people found a way to glitch multiple claims. People were running around with multiple pets out when it's not possible to get more than one right now.

A channel is basically an instance. Each channel is an instance of the world, and you can hop channels every 15 minutes. You are still on the server, with your same account name and characters, you just choose what instance to be on. For purposes of being able to meet up all the time instead of just choosing random channels and having to organize what channel everyone is in every time people want to meet up, we're sticking to the third channel down the list

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Had no idea this was imminent until a friend told me.

Are these early access packs going to go away after launch? I would have bought a pack if it granted me access today, but those are no longer available.

Probably won't have much time to play until next weekend anyway, so I'll likely just try the f2p version of the game before committing, but was wondering if the remaining packs are also a limited time offer.

Stiler

Had no idea this was imminent until a friend told me.

Are these early access packs going to go away after launch? I would have bought a pack if it granted me access today, but those are no longer available.

Probably won't have much time to play until next weekend anyway, so I'll likely just try the f2p version of the game before committing, but was wondering if the remaining packs are also a limited time offer.

The game isn't f2p in the west like it is in other markets.

If you want to play you have to buy the game (like Guild wars 2) or use a guest pass from someone who bought the game.

I've played 10 hours today...I'm only level 12. I've spent ~6 hours near Velia doing crafting and fishing stuff.

I'm slowly getting my head wrapped around all of these systems and how they work. There is so much here that I really haven't even felt the need to run from kill quest to kill quest, or to grind. I know I'm missing things still, too.

It's weird, I haven't felt like I'm just hanging out and actually doing stuff in the world like this since Asheron's Call or Vanguard. Breaking the mentality of the gear grind and the idea that endgame = random dungeons and raids was something I thought would be difficult for me, because I haven't super gotten into a sandbox since Ultima Online pre-Trammel, but this just feels so good to be playing that I don't think it is going to be any problem at all.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The game isn't f2p in the west like it is in other markets.

If you want to play you have to buy the game (like Guild wars 2) or use a guest pass from someone who bought the game.

Thanks! I'm glad it's not f2p, honestly. I'll grab the $50 pack and try to get in a bit early.

I've played 10 hours today...I'm only level 12. I've spent ~6 hours near Velia doing crafting and fishing stuff.

I'm slowly getting my head wrapped around all of these systems and how they work. There is so much here that I really haven't even felt the need to run from kill quest to kill quest, or to grind. I know I'm missing things still, too.

It's weird, I haven't felt like I'm just hanging out and actually doing stuff in the world like this since Asheron's Call or Vanguard. Breaking the mentality of the gear grind and the idea that endgame = random dungeons and raids was something I thought would be difficult for me, because I haven't super gotten into a sandbox since Ultima Online pre-Trammel, but this just feels so good to be playing that I don't think it is going to be any problem at all.

This is what I was hoping Archeage would be, but it let me down. Honestly, I've been hoping for something like this ever since EverQuest began its decline...

WarMacheen

I was hoping they would lower the prices to a reasonable level for the cash shop. $29 is still hilariously over priced for an outfit.

nataku

It's only $20 for an outfit, the $29 includes a weapon graphic. So its up to you.

$20 is still a ton, especially when that's per character. There's no account wardrobe feature, so if I want that same costume on another character that's $20-29 more.

The dye system is easily the worst of it, though.

Somnia

yeah, $20 is still too much, I'll pass. $9 for a weapon skin...

$20 is still a ton, especially when that's per character. There's no account wardrobe feature, so if I want that same costume on another character that's $20-29 more.

The dye system is easily the worst of it, though.

Just to be clear I wasn't defending the price, I shouldn't have put "only". What I meant was there was a price difference and choice. I was just putting it out there that there was a 2nd option on the store when it goes up. I completely agree it's too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom