• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
ill chip in

I threw in for much cheaper design for now till Clan rank bumps up and we got much more stuff unlocked. Like the much much much better stuff ain't unlocked till like clan rank 10. Also a lot mats you can't even get or are hard to get untill next patch.. SOOOOO yeah next patch boyz

cHinzo

Got my Hongmoon Lightning Draw skill after grinding to the 1250 achievement points and it's awesome. Still can't beat Mushin 8.3 though. :| I did read something about a damage buff. Might need to look into that.

Gonna play less until I get my new hardware. Getting 11 fps on the new lvl 50 content is just dumb. Not totally unplayable, but can't really enjoy playing atm. Was already forced to disable 'hide players' in Naryu to see the person with the bomb, but I don't think I can do Yeti with hide players either. D: Soulstones Plain is hard as fuck too as a melee, let alone with low fps.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
To those who play or have played the KR version of the game, how is Chi/Qi Fighter? Faction Chat was telling me it actually isn't very good. T-T I've been looking forward to it.

arimanius

Went to soulstone planes for the first time with my BM instead of Warlock. What a joke. I don't know how Ncsoft thinks this is ok. Melee characters get screwed big time.

NeOak

Went to soulstone planes for the first time with my BM instead of Warlock. What a joke. I don't know how Ncsoft thinks this is ok. Melee characters get screwed big time.

I tried it once.

Once.

I stopped leveling at 47 and I don't see myself doing the current endgame.

Oh well, Destiny's free update is on the 12th.

ShinMaruku

SS plains is not the end game since for our level we are missing about 3-4 parts of content then the big special raid to conclude our story.
It's more than just Jin Soyeon it's somebody else just as important to the character.

Sciel

Managed to get my True Breeze Weapon yesterday + SMN LMB Hongmoon skill. Delighted to get the weapon but seriously burnt out from all the farming.

Some things I did/to note:

1. Mining Phase in SSP (I did this A LOT)
This is a bit tougher on Melee esp when killing Terrors. The only advise I can give you is to play more defensively (i.e: If you are at half health, run out of combat and eat).
Another thing is if you aren't geared, the harsh reality is that you will probably get nowhere (You aren't going to do much with say True Profane).

- Turned in 100 prestige evertime for soulstones. I realize you can store more with the scroll, but its horribly risky with the teleporting hackers.

- Used ALL my SSP keys to open boxes. Keys only sell at about 10s or so more than the Moonstones, so its a pretty good gamble (You can get extra 5 moonstones and/or an extra key in every box).

-You DON'T have to do the whole mining phase everytime. It will just burn you out needlessly. I spend a lot of time doing other random shit (netflix, etc) while waiting for King Grindtooth to spawn.

2. Farm 4 mans.
-Really obvious since this is the main source of Frozen darts. I'd advise to rotate between the 3 4 man Heroics. Doing Fang continuously will just make you fall asleep on your keyboard.

Personally, i Like:

Necropolis (Easiest Final Boss) > Yeti (Shortest Dungeon) > Fang (Most Boring)

3. Selling
-I was selling ALL my moonstones and soulstones when they were at peak price. Over the past 4 days or so, their value has dropped as such:

Moonstone : 1g20s -> 98s
Soulstone: 33s -> 25s

Personally, the only thing i see being stable in price/increasing in price are the Frozen Darts(2g each) since they can't be botted.

4. Dailies
-I only do the few dailies
1. SSP dailies
2. Heroic Dungeons
3. Baylee.

This is usually done in maybe 1-2 hours.

5. Upgrade Priority.
- The upgrade path i took was:
Awakened Oath Bracelet -> Awakened Oath Ring -> Awakened Oath Earring -> True Oath Ring -> True Breeze Weapon.

Some people advocate ignoring Weapon and upgrading all your accessories first, It is a valid option but do note that the cost ends up the same/more than just upgrading your weapon outright from True Pirate to True Breeze.

Ps: The necklace upgrade is utter trash.

arimanius

So been playing my BM a lot more lately and starting to enjoy it more than my WL. But one of the things that's frustrating me is I'm having a hard time getting or keeping agro. I've have my cyclone and 5 point strike spec for threat and I use them as often as possible. Am I missing something or is this just a case of me being under geared and not doing enough damage at the same time?

Guildie of mine just showed whats needs for A scorpio

Screenshot_160406_001.jpg

Fuck me these prices are ridiculous you cant do this when you rush us through content that other regions had a year to prepare for if not more.

Kintaro

Fuck me these prices are ridiculous you cant do this when you rush us through content that other regions had a year to prepare for if not more.

It's a catch 22 though isn't it? They want us to catch up, it makes sense to catch up (I WANT CHI FIGHTER) but execution to catch up just isn't there. They would need to go in and readjust upgrade paths/materials/etc and that seems to be money/time they don't want to invest. =x

It's a catch 22 though isn't it? They want us to catch up, it makes sense to catch up (I WANT CHI FIGHTER) but execution to catch up just isn't there. They would need to go in and readjust upgrade paths/materials/etc and that seems to be money/time they don't want to invest. =x

Yeah and its burning people out, i have taken a break from the game for a few days now and lot of our clan members are doing the same thing. Activity on Windrest has certainly dropped, because i think people that are still at Profane/Siren are just giving up cause they feel they wont catch up.

Kintaro

Yeah and its burning people out, i have taken a break from the game for a few days now and lot of our clan members are doing the same thing. Activity on Windrest has certainly dropped, because i think people that are still at Profane/Siren are just giving up cause they feel they wont catch up.

I can see that. Seems to be the case on many servers if forums are to be believed.

I just can't seem to find a main I truly love yet (waiting for Chi Fighter) to suffer through the grinding. lol I am liking Assassin though but it seems premades do not want them in parties (not that I case about them much).

I can see that. Seems to be the case on many servers if forums are to be believed.

I just can't seem to find a main I truly love yet (waiting for Chi Fighter) to suffer through the grinding. lol I am liking Assassin though but it seems premades do not want them in parties (not that I case about them much).

Ah yeah that sucks i run mostly with the clan so there is no class bias. The AP elitist are the most hilarious bunch of em all tho. AP really is the gearscore of BNS.

Rottmer

Neo Member

Yeah, this is ultimately why I had to quit. We are trying to catch up with other regions while simultaneously having these crazy absurd prices for upgrading and materials in general. The people who have actually progressed have bought gold, and rarely do they ever get banned. Casual progression in this game is nonexistent.

The worst part is that even if you just wanted to play PvP, you have to contend with bots until platinum and sometimes there are hackers in platinum. And important skills for PvP are locked behind PvE with the HM Books or otherwise. Its crazy.

Sciel

Yeah, this is ultimately why I had to quit. We are trying to catch up with other regions while simultaneously having these crazy absurd prices for upgrading and materials in general. The people who have actually progressed have bought gold, and rarely do they ever get banned. Casual progression in this game is nonexistent.

The worst part is that even if you just wanted to play PvP, you have to contend with bots until platinum and sometimes there are hackers in platinum. And important skills for PvP are locked behind PvE with the HM Books or otherwise. Its crazy.
Actually did some PvP last week and only saw like ~1-2 bots. AFAIK the bots have moved out of Arena farming because they moved the certificates needed to buy soulstones to the Purple Heroic dungeons (which bots cant farm).

cHinzo

Finally saved up enough to get my accessories up to True Siren. Was scared for a moment when I couldn't find my Pirate accessories, thinking I salvaged them when I was cleaning up the vault from unnecessary stuff. Had less than 10 Pirate Emblems and u can only get them through doing the tedious dailies. Luckily I found them in in the corner of my vault. :'D Next step would be getting them to Oathbreaker I guess?

Finally saved up enough to get my accessories up to True Siren. Was scared for a moment when I couldn't find my Pirate accessories, thinking I salvaged them when I was cleaning up the vault from unnecessary stuff. Had less than 10 Pirate Emblems and u can only get them through doing the tedious dailies. Luckily I found them in in the corner of my vault. :'D Next step would be getting them to Oathbreaker I guess?

Depends on your weapon, but if true pirate then yeah getting accs to oathbreaker is the better way to increase your power. On the other hand, upgrading your weapon is the better way to get the all ruling AP stat to get into pubs, especially for next dungeon(current one you can get in with true pirate since most ppl ask for 500+ at most, only a few ask for more). Do upgrade your bracelet to oathbreaker though unless you have python bracelets, as those are really nice with the very high crit and AP on them. Python is still better, but having oathbreaker bracelet to swap in for AP reqs is nice too, and upgrading bracelet to oathbreaker is actually a lot cheaper than everything else(it's only like 1 silverstone, 5moonstones and whatever else, instead of the usual 5-10x of the other accs).

Kintaro

Spring Event Details

Hmmm...interesting way to get gold out of the economy and drive more sales. Either way I suppose. =x

Unlock treasure chests for amazing rewards from April 13–27.
The Spring Treasure Trove event offers adventurers the ability to unlock random treasure chests, and then purchase the highly sought-after rewards within for rock-bottom prices.

Unlocked Opportunity
While the event is active you can click on the Treasure Trove icon at the bottom of your screen, and once per day per character unlock a treasure chest for free. Additional chests can be opened by purchasing and using Spring Treasure Trove Keys. When opening a chest you’ll be presented with a selection of items to purchase from with gold.

After opening a treasure chest you’ll have the opportunity to purchase one of the items presented to you. Choose wisely, as you’ll need to wait until the next day—or by using a Trove Key—to show a new selection of items, and the opportunity to purchase another item. Only two Treasure Trove item slots will be unlocked to start, but you can unlock six more by purchasing and using Spring Treasure Trove Expansions. By unlocking additional slots you’ll increase your chances at items, and since you can only buy one item per opened chest, it’s a good idea to increase your odds by unlocking additional slots early on. Unlocked Treasure Trove expansion slots are character specific.

Rewards
Opened chests will provide a wide array of items to purchase from. There are many different lists of items the Trove may present you to purchase from, and it’s random which list you’ll be presented (and in what order they’ll appear) when a new chest is opened.

Guide
STEP 1

Click the Treasure Trove icon—only available to characters level 36 and above.
STEP 2

You can open a Treasure Trove chest for free once per day (resets at 6am server time) for each character.
Spring Treasure Trove Keys can be purchased from the Hongmoon Store, and you can use them for additional chances during the event period.
STEP 3

After unlocking a chest, you can purchase one item of your choice out of the random items in the chest.
Over 100 different types of items can appear, and can be purchased for gold.
EXTRA

Spring Treasure Trove Expansions can be purchased in the Hongmoon Store, and allow you to unlock up to 8 total slots, increasing your chances for rewards with each chest you open.
Spring Treasure Trove Keys can be bought in the Hongmoon Store, and allow you to open additional chests beyond your free unlocks each day.

The Spring Treasure Trove event runs from April 13–27, and during that time you’ll receive one free chest unlock per day. Treasure Trove Keys and Slot Expansions will be sold until April 26 (9am server time in NA/5pm server time in EU), and you’ll be able to continue to use them to open chests until the standard Wednesday maintenance downtime on April 27. After that the event will no longer be accessible, and any purchased keys or slot expansions will no longer be usable—so don’t let them go to waste!

Kintaro

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/shattered-empire-arrives-april-27/

The 2.1 update brings new dungeons, a new section to Mushin’s Tower, and brand new PvP game mode.

The Shattered Empire update arrives April 27, and brings a variety of new content and rewards to the already vast world of Blade & Soul.

Among the features in the update are two new Heroic dungeons, Cold Storage and Sogun’s Lament—which is the greatest group content challenge yet. When you’re not succumbing to soul-crushing defeat in Sogun’s Lament, you can climb a new section of Mushin’s Tower (F9–15) to face brutal new tests of skill in this unique solo experience. And when it’s time to blow of some steam, you’ll experience a brand new objective-based PvP game mode—Whirlwind Valley—in fast and furious 6v6 team-based combat.

Stay tuned for an overview of the 2.1 update.

Paprikka

So it seems you can get some pretty neat stuff from the event, you just have to be careful of the prices occasionally since some things might be cheaper on the market than buying from the event. For example, one of my options was a misty woods key for 5g.

Also if an item can have various amounts I think it'll always be the same price, so 1 soulstone and 100 will both cost 3s.

Most expensive items I've seen so far have been the gems for 10g and the volume 2 of the skillbook for 20g, though if you don't have the cash right away you can close the screen and bring it up later to choose.

What I've bought so far:

Golden Honey - 1g
HQ Fabric x3 - 50s
Excellent Experience Charm(gives 100k hongmoon xp) - 1.5g
Fog Mushroom - 1g
Sealed Yeti SS #7 - 50s
Dark Specter - 5g
Evolved Stone - 50s
Elder Dragon Jewel x2 - 10s
Deep Sea Kelp - 1g
Experience Charm Fragment x2(which can finally be used now to make the above excellent charm) - 5s

Can't buy more than 10 keys with hongmoon coins so that's all for now.

Also I don't think the list of items you get to choose from is always random, if ever, just the order they're in is. Both times I got the elder dragon jewels the items were the same to choose from. Another time 6 of the 8 slots were every breeze accessory and a breeze weapon chest.

Sciel

So it seems you can get some pretty neat stuff from the event, you just have to be careful of the prices occasionally since some things might be cheaper on the market than buying from the event. For example, one of my options was a misty woods key for 5g.

Also if an item can have various amounts I think it'll always be the same price, so 1 soulstone and 100 will both cost 3s.

Most expensive items I've seen so far have been the gems for 10g and the volume 2 of the skillbook for 20g, though if you don't have the cash right away you can close the screen and bring it up later to choose.

What I've bought so far:

Golden Honey - 1g
HQ Fabric x3 - 50s
Excellent Experience Charm(gives 100k hongmoon xp) - 1.5g
Fog Mushroom - 1g
Sealed Yeti SS #7 - 50s
Dark Specter - 5g
Evolved Stone - 50s
Deep Sea Kelp - 1g
Experience Charm Fragment x2(which can finally be used now to make the above excellent charm) - 5s

Can't buy more than 10 keys with hongmoon coins so that's all for now.

Also I don't think the list of items you get to choose from is always random, if ever, just the order they're in is. Both times I got the elder dragon jewels the items were the same to choose from. Another time 6 of the 8 slots were every breeze accessory and a breeze weapon chest.
Yup, the event is actually quite neat. While its quite p2w (or p2progress if you want to term it that way) in nature, its actually quite fun and HORRIBLY addictive lol.

I opened like 200 boxes and got like:
23982392 outfits
1300+ Soulstones
150 Frozen Stingers
20+ Honorary Ornaments
HM Skill
Ruby (4AP , 2 Crit Atk)
Sapphire...i think (4AP, 300 HP on block)
Purification Jar

And loads of other random stuff.

For all the people complaining on reddit/forum about the event being p2w, these exact same people are probably also complaining about materials being too expensive.

LOLCats

Banned
This event is stupid fucking evil. God damn it. Ill end up spending money on this and well thats okay, just a little money!

Kintaro

Man, there is some pure rage on some forums around this event. Personally? It's kind of fun. =) I'm leveling up a KFM that I've decided is my main and I'm enjoying the chat. =)

I just want the costumes though.

(Anyone with a nice leveling build? I'm just winging it at lvl 38)

cHinzo

Opened 70 boxes and the most notable items I got were:

100x Precious Ingot (the gold bars)
7x Naryu Tablet
3x Fabric
2x Purification Jar
2x Light Specter
1x Dark Specter
1x 4AP Ruby
1x 4AP Sapphire

Kinda sad I missed out on the Hongmoon Skill. :( I want my HM Block. Got the gems though, so I can't really complain if u read stories about people opening tons of these boxes and getting nothing but costumes.

Sciel

Opened 70 boxes and the most notable items I got were:

100x Precious Ingot (the gold bars)
7x Naryu Tablet
3x Fabric
2x Purification Jar
2x Light Specter
1x Dark Specter
1x 4AP Ruby
1x 4AP Sapphire

Kinda sad I missed out on the Hongmoon Skill. :( I want my HM Block. Got the gems though, so I can't really complain if u read stories about people opening tons of these boxes and getting nothing but costumes.
That's really good rng tho. Most people average 100 boxes per Gem. Don't get me started about those 100 Precious Ingots as well!

cHinzo

That's really good rng tho. Most people average 100 boxes per Gem. Don't get me started about those 100 Precious Ingots as well!
I did start to sweat, since those gems came from the final 10 keys. Was really tempted to get another 30 keys to try to get the HM skill, but then I saw that video from a guy who opened 500 of those boxes and only got the HM skill once.... Decided it wasn't worth it. Just gonna enjoy my free keys for the rest of the event. :D

Kintaro

I opened about 20 and got a bit lucky. Got 10 of those gold bars twice and a lot of siren/pirate emblems and some yeti shields for my KFM. Anything to help me out in advancing to Siren/Pirate weapon and a good SS at 50.

No costumes though. Which is all I really want. T-T

Top Bottom