• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma announced, coming to PS3

That basically confirms Saya for the home version. And the end of each arcade playthrough confirms Kokonoe for the home version as well.

So that's 6 new characters total. Pretty good I'd say compared to CS initial release.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That basically confirms Saya for the home version. And the end of each arcade playthrough confirms Kokonoe for the home version as well.

So that's 6 new characters total. Pretty good I'd say compared to CS initial release.

If she's in the home version that means this will be the final game with the exception of character tweak versions. Cause once saya is gone the series has no where to go.

Scratch

Wager she'll end up as broken as Aigis, eh? >_>;

it's not impossible

...still no Jubei?

58Kpn.gif

also celica shows up in hazama's ending, so there's a chance she'll be playable as well

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Well she will want ragna, but will ragna want her? :p

It's Japanese anime, it will be the same as every other harem, it will be years of Ragna running away from girls while having no idea that the they love him. I don't really blame him, since the yandere ratio is unusually high in his harem.

At the end, he will end up with his childhood friend.....

Rachel

Platinum is right about Ragnar after all -.-
-----
This game need to come out faster, I want to get back to fighting game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is there a good re-cap of the story available online somewhere? Before going into Chrono Phatasm I'm going to need to re-acquaint myself with the story.

Noi

Is there a good re-cap of the story available online somewhere? Before going into Chrono Phatasm I'm going to need to re-acquaint myself with the story.

The best suggestion is still to find a cheap copy of Extend since it has everything.

Alternatively, the BlazBlue wiki has everything though it's not sorted specifically by game. You just gotta go into the character pages and read up everything about them.

Edit: Or watch everything in youtube, alternatively, though I'm pretty sure there's some story arcs that are pretty poorly recorded there.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Thanks! I was hoping for a written summary, but this might do. I've beaten all the story modes and still have all the games, so I could go back to play through them again, it'd just be really time consuming.

The best suggestion is still to find a cheap copy of Extend since it has everything.

Alternatively, the BlazBlue wiki has everything though it's not sorted specifically by game. You just gotta go into the character pages and read up everything about them.

Edit: Or watch everything in youtube, alternatively, though I'm pretty sure there's some story arcs that are pretty poorly recorded there.

Could you remind me how EXTEND has everything? Does it just have a recap of Calamity Trigger in it? Like I said, I have all the games and have beaten them, it's just been so long since I've played them that I've forgotten a good portion of the story. :p

Noi

Could you remind me how EXTEND has everything? Does it just have a recap of Calamity Trigger in it? Like I said, I have all the games and have beaten them, it's just been so long since I've played them that I've forgotten a good portion of the story. :p

Extend has the CT recap that Q posted, all of the Continuum Shift story arcs for each character, as well as the additional DLC character arcs and side-scenarios that were added for CSII and the Relius arc exclusive to Extend. It pretty much has everything short of the new CP content and the pre-CT stories from the untranslated novels.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
BB probably has the best story in fighting games, also the english acting is super fucking good. Well with the exception of Valk LOL

remz

Holy fuck. The new music sounds friggin awesome. I thought Ishiwatari was getting stale in his old age but he's knocking it out of the damn park again. All three are great.

Bullet's is amazing IMO. So fresh sounding. Got a brilliant funk groove which is pretty unique amongst BB themes. closest would be Tager's I guess. I like the BB themes better the further they stray from strings.

Noi

BB probably has the best story in fighting games, also the english acting is super fucking good. Well with the exception of Valk LOL

Amane should canonically use his astral on Valk so we have permanently young wolf butler with non-raspy voice acting. :D

I would like Jubei/Phantom to be in but it seems unlikely considering there have been zero hints towards confirming this as far as I know.

Could always be DLC maybe. :p

If she's in the home version that means this will be the final game with the exception of character tweak versions. Cause once saya is gone the series has no where to go.

Didn't Mori say BBCP was supposed to bring a close to the story in an interview?

Didn't Mori say BBCP was supposed to bring a close to the story in an interview?
Then they turned around and said CP would not be the end of BlazBlue. It won't be until we see Jubei(aka the world's strongest being) join the fray.
It might not be the end of the games, but it will be the end of this story.
When did he say that? I'm preeeeety sure people thought CP would be the third and final chapter until Mori and them basically confirmed that CP is more like the climax of the story.

Scratch

It might not be the end of the games, but it will be the end of this story.

i remember him saying that it'd be the end of the six heroes story, or something.

eh found something worth something on the subject. a quote from siliconera:

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma will move the story forward too. Mori told Siliconera, Continuum Shift Extend brought us a bit more than halfway through the BlazBlue saga.

guess that means we still have at least another game.

If the story is going to continue past this game then Jubei will definitely be in the next game then(if not unrevealed or DLC for BBCP). I think him and Phantom are the only named characters left that could be added in.

vocab

Don't know if want. Flamboyant bishie dhalsim is tempting, but I don't know. Maybe closer to release will sell me on this game. I hated CS =/

Top Bottom