• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma announced, coming to PS3

FSLink

Banned
Yeah in GGAC (non-plus) for Wii there is a waggle control method. After the fight you have an additional screen that shows each Player's "Accent Calories" which measure how much energy you exerted.

Might have to pick a cheap copy up just for local tournaments, lmao. That sounds ridiculous.

cj_iwakura

So uh, a BB scholar I know thinks 00 refers to Izayoi, the prototype Murakumo. Any credence to that?

Sorry to crash the Saya party, I want that to happen too.
(Meant to post this here, not the EX thread)

Woh! Celica is back? I need to play Hazama's arcade mode when I'm back at the game center this weekend. I haven't had time to sit down and play through every character since I'm trying to get up to speed with Hakumen ASAP.

I also gotta catch up with the novels before CP comes out on consoles. I'm like three books behind now. =(

Noi

So uh, a BB scholar I know thinks 00 refers to Izayoi, the prototype Murakumo. Any credence to that?

Not gonna claim that I know more about the lore than someone else, but that makes the Murakumo teaser seem a bit unnecessary. There'd be no point in highlighting No.00 in purple, then adding an "and" highlighted in red for Izayoi. I don't remember any previous teasers being purposely misleading either.

The trailer does not corroborate this with the use of "and". Also, all the murakumo's are based off of Saya.

From what I've found the Izayoi is a Sealed Weapon that Tsubaki wielded that Hazama eventually used near the end of CS to create a space that tamagahara could not observer or something like that. It was also used by Tsubaki's ancestor when she fought during the Dark War. To my knowledge the Murakumo's didn't come until long after that. So I think the weapon predating the Murakumo's disproves that.

There's also this line near the end of the entry.

it is revealed that Izayoi is sentient, and is set to be made into a playable character as the true form of Tsubaki Yayoi.

Not trying to be a dick, it's just that that hypothesis doesn't make much sense to me.

Naite

Personally I think it's just Izayoi. It doesn't seem direct enough of a tease from ASW to be Saya, like with previous characters in other trailers/games (like Kokonoe in the arcade ending, Hamaza and Tsubaki in BBCT, and Platinum in early CS2 trailers). I think naming a prototype murakumo unit #0 makes more sense, but then again, we don't know nearly enough about Saya and the "and" makes it seem strange.

As for the colors, I think too much thought is given into them. Nu's is red and I don't really associate that colour with her just because of the color of eye-visor. The color was purple before it reached 0, and looked magenta when it was scrolling offscreen.

Scratch

I've heard the same thing actually. Something about numbered field devices being around longer than Saya was. Ah well. That's fineeee~

...which doesn't make any sense now that i think about it, because the prime field devices were clones of Saya in the first place. ugh BB plot too complicated

Hey at least Nu's out today for all you mecha musame lovers

Noi

lHo2N.jpg

oh god

Scratch

So i was really bored and procrastinating and decided to compile some of the special intros that i foundin BB3:

Ragna vs. Jin
Ragna vs. Azrael
Jin vs. Tsubaki
Noel vs. Relius
Tager vs. Azrael
Bang vs. Taokaka
Hazama vs. Platinum
Valkaenhayn vs. Hazama
Hakumen vs. Platinum
Hazama vs. Hakumen
Valkenhayn vs. Azrael
Tsubaki vs. Hazama (it's just the chant that they do about the NOL)
Amane vs. Bullet (wait...what?)
Ragna vs. Nu
Ragna vs. Rachel hahaha, my favorite by far.
Hakumen vs. Azrael
Ragna vs. Relius
Ragna vs. Hazama
Ragna vs. Hakumen
Carl vs. Relius
Hakumen vs. Relius
Bullet vs. Tager
Relius vs. Valkenyhayn
Jin vs. Noel
Hazama vs. Rachel

No Video As of Yet, but pretty sure that they exist (there's a distinctive whooshing noise before they skip to the match):

Hakumen vs. Valkenhayn
Noel vs. Tsubaki
Noel vs. Makoto
Tsubaki vs. Makoto (?)
Taokaka vs. Litchi
Litchi vs. Arakune
Tager vs. Litchi
Bang vs. Carl
Tager vs. Arakune
Mu vs. Nu

cj_iwakura

So i was really bored and procrastinating and decided to compile some of the special intros that i foundin BB3:

Ragna vs. Jin
Ragna vs. Azrael
Jin vs. Tsubaki
Noel vs. Relius
Tager vs. Azrael
Bang vs. Taokaka
Hazama vs. Platinum
Valkaenhayn vs. Hazama
Hakumen vs. Platinum
Hazama vs. Hakumen
Valkenhayn vs. Azrael

No Video As of Yet, but pretty sure that they exist (there's a distinctive whooshing noise before they skip to the match):
Ragna vs. Hazama (I swear there was a video of this one, but I can't find it for the life of me)
Ragna vs. Hakumen
Ragna vs. Rachel
Hazama vs. Rachel
Hakumen vs. Valkenhayn
Relius vs. Valkenyhayn
Bullet vs. Tager
Noel vs. Tsubaki
Noel vs. Makoto
Tsubaki vs. Makoto (?)
Jin vs. Noel
Tsubaki vs. Hazama (it's just the chant that they do about the NOL)
Ragna vs. Relius
Carl vs. Relius
Taokaka vs. Litchi
Litchi vs. Arakune
Ragna vs. Nu

There's a sprite of Celica during Hazama/Platinum's intro too.

Scratch

Mu 12 out in Japan today.

Looks like it took players about a week to figure out how to utilize V-13's Nu (haha...kill me) face lift move.

Ragna vs. Nu

it's pretty good shit. i think it cancels the recovery of some of her moves making it pretty useful. plus her combos look really cool now.

alstein

lol tager can't catch a break

I think he does really well in low-level play at least :)

Maybe Tager has something that hasn't been found yet? Also, I suspect there will be at least one patch before console release, this is Arc.

Too early to give up on him though odds are this is back to the 7-3/8-2 days, it needs to be proven more.

NEO0MJ

Maybe Tager has something that hasn't been found yet? Also, I suspect there will be at least one patch before console release, this is Arc.

Too early to give up on him though odds are this is back to the 7-3/8-2 days, it needs to be proven more.

I don't think they can help Tager much in this match-up, not without making him an S rank character. And no one likes an S rank grappler.

Tizoc

As a Tager player I still hold belief that the blessings of Mother Russia will aid me in destroying the cowardly weak American sexbot.

Deal with it, Tager babbies.

"Maybe Tager has something that hasn't been found yet? Also, I suspect there will be at least one patch before console release, this is Arc."

Tager was physically abused by Nu in CT as well.

Tizoc

Tager was physically abused by Nu in CT as well.

I know...don't remind me ;.;
...but I am now reminded of this one Tager vs. Nu13 CT match I had in my HDD, the Tager player was playing it as safe as possible and managed to do well against the Nu player.

K.Sabot

That doesn't mean she's bad. Carl is reset based and he's insanely good.

Yeah, but he has a bunch of sandwich "take this block and now I'll high low mix-up you until oblivion" bullshit to work with.

Bullet is just like "Well I canceled my combo early and now I have massive frame advantage, so I guess I'll go for a meaty or maybe this weak ass command grab?"

I know...don't remind me ;.;
...but I am now reminded of this one Tager vs. Nu13 CT match I had in my HDD, the Tager player was playing it as safe as possible and managed to do well against the Nu player.

Once you can shatter the fragile psyche of the glass cannon robololi players, they're free.

The problem is getting in and breaking them, because ASW lets the pedophiles play a fighting game like it's a bullet hell shmup. :|

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

There was a Japanese post saying that Tager's sledge is really good against Nu. Anything that nullifies projectile hitboxes is extremely annoying to Nu/Lambda anyway, because that's most of her moveset.

Once you can shatter the fragile psyche of the glass cannon robololi players, they're free.

The problem is getting in and breaking them, because ASW lets the pedophiles play a fighting game like it's a bullet hell shmup. :|
Everyone knows pedophiles love breasts.

There was a Japanese post saying that Tager's sledge is really good against Nu. Anything that nullifies projectile hitboxes is extremely annoying to Nu/Lambda anyway, because that's most of her moveset.

Hooray! I would rely on that to close the gap in the past.

Everyone knows pedophiles love breasts.

Sorry hito, I'm from the Go Nagai, Tetsuo Hara school of anime designs. Where I can see the boobs from orbit! If these robololis have tits, I can't see them.

Speaking of boobs, still hoping I can play Bullet. :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sorry hito, I'm from the Go Nagai, Tetsuo Hara school of anime designs. Where I can see the boobs from orbit! If these robololis have tits, I can't see them.

Speaking of boobs, still hoping I can play Bullet. :(
More like anything younger than the Golden Girls doesn't do it for you. Dat sag.

CREMSteve

I just picked up a new copy of BlazBlue at Future Shop, was in the clearance bin for a dollar, I don't typically buy fighting games, but I couldn't pass that up, lol.

"GTFO Nu lover"

I am half considering playing Azrael instead.

I'm 80% sure I'm gonna stick with Rachel. She got some of her BS back from CT.

Going to be subbing Tsubaki/Valk/Relius, and possibly dab around with Izayoi.

Yeah, but he has a bunch of sandwich "take this block and now I'll high low mix-up you until oblivion" bullshit to work with.

Bullet is just like "Well I canceled my combo early and now I have massive frame advantage, so I guess I'll go for a meaty or maybe this weak ass command grab?"

That's CT Bang... And Dora owned with that.

Top Bottom