• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle coming to PS4/Switch/Steam

ggx2ac

Just announced during stream:

https://m.twitch.tv/rtxpanel1?desktop-redirect=true

DMK-bg1V4AAZ-oA.jpg

Weiss, Rachel, and Hazama confirmed.

Orb

Switch AND Weiss!!!!! I'm so excited, Yang basically confirmed at this point. Give it to me!!!!!

HotHamBoy

Not surprised that Switch is basically the new Vita for anime fighters.

Vita was actually the first handheld that was able to do console-parity ports (like Blazblue) but, unlike Vita, Switch has no real D-Pad so that makes it kind of a terrible platform for handheld fighting games.

On the other hand, if that 8bitdo arcade stick is legit (by which I mean easily moddable) and lagless, Switch could be the *best* platform for portable fighters.

Being able to play with 2 8bitdos side by side or 2 Switches on kickstands back to back (like the old Candy Cab setups) would be amazing!

Edit: Oh, I guess Shoryuken said the stick is total trash. It's easy to mod but for an $80 base price things are going add up quick.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Makes sense....ASW also said that bringing DBZ FighterZ to Switch wouldnt be an issue - just that Bamco has to greenlight it.

Good to have the confirmation though.

Zyrox

Weiss looks awesome. Mained.
EDIT: Also thought Noel was going to be in this batch of reveals for sure but Haz and Rachel were shoo ins as well anyway.

HotHamBoy

It's pretty good but I actually prefer playing Ultra Street Fighter 2 with the split dpad on the joycon.

It's not a split d-pad, it's 4 seperate buttons.

This is a split D-Pad:
PS1-d-pad-2.jpg

There's a Hori fight stick I think but you can use the Pokken controllers if there's not too many inputs...

The Hori stick is $150, huge and wired.

The Pokken controller is a great, cheap choice if you are playing at home. Unfortunately it is also wired and all wired controllers need the USB port which is on the bottom of the Switch. That means you can't use the kickstand.

Zalman

I've never played a BlazBlue game but I'll probably pick this up since 1) I like Persona and 2) It's on Switch.

Zyrox

Also noticed no Wind gauge for Rachel. That will make things a little different. Dunno what to think about that yet. I like all the unique, character specific meters and mechanics in BB games.

HotHamBoy

1.jpg

The Switch needs a stick designed like an iCade (but better quality). If the Switch is resting in the groove it can plug directly into a USB built into the groove itself.

Tizoc

Where my boiz waldo and merkava at?
Persona cast gunna be removed from pc release u just watch ToT

Top Bottom