• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle coming to PS4/Switch/Steam

Weiss looks amazing, and plays very similar to how she fights in show.

I honestly hope the game does well enough that we get a pure rwby fighter down the line.

They skipped Wii U with the Persona fighters despite being named after the console so that’s a nice change.

p4ulogofinalynld3.png

Kinda, yeah. :p

Luigi87

Though it likely won't, I just wish for tag attacks when using Team RWBY characters, Ruby would shout out their combinations, like Checkmate or Bumblebee.

I'm wondering if they'll be any RWBY based stages. We've seen Blazblue and Persona based stages, and I think there was an Under Night stage in the demo.

The forest of Forever Fall would be cool visually.

I'm guessing cross play on PS4 and PC might happen but I'm really curious if Sony will play nice with Nintendo so all platforms can play with each other.

Switch? Holy shit Day 1.

Also damn these RWBY characters should stop talking so much. Such bad voice acting.

Its great compared to Ruby but still.

Astral

zMljEAm.jpg

Maybe I'll get it. I'd have to see if my friends want to play it though.

What is going on with Ruby in this gif? Lol

I’m glad Hazama is in. Rachel’s head looks fucking huge in that art though. It’s still hard to tell if this will get a dub. I’m gonna go with no but then Story Mode is gonna be a little weird with RWBY characters speaking in English while the others speak in Japanese. I guess it works fine in Tekken though.

Biscotti

Neo Member
I have a problem with buying fighting games for waifus ;-;

I'm glad Hazama is in. Rachel's head looks fucking huge in that art though. It's still hard to tell if this will get a dub. I'm gonna go with no but then Story Mode is gonna be a little weird with RWBY characters speaking in English while the others speak in Japanese. I guess it works fine in Tekken though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZgImoqjo8

I’m glad Hazama is in. Rachel’s head looks fucking huge in that art though. It’s still hard to tell if this will get a dub. I’m gonna go with no but then Story Mode is gonna be a little weird with RWBY characters speaking in English while the others speak in Japanese. I guess it works fine in Tekken though.

It’s not a dress, it’s a combat skirt. To which ruby is agreeing.

I had someone tell me that only Ruby herself would be in the game for RWBY characters and it didn't make any lick of sense so at least that's shut up.

I am sure the game will run fine on the Switch, kinda surprised that it's coming out on that actually but, they do need to test a game out on the thing so why not this.

There has to be a catch to this coming out on PC though. Are the P4 characters not selectable? Are they just black silhouettes? Does the game melt your CPU?

What's Atlus' devious plan? (This is a joke so you know.)

Huh looking at the brief bits of Weiss' gameplay it looks like it might feature her summons?

There's a bit where a sword flys out of her glyph. I'm honestly surprised because I wasn't if that would make it in.

Crocodile

I don't get why they are using the Season 1-3 designs for the RWBY characters and not the Season 4+ designs. Those will be more relevant and concurrent with this game.

I don't get why they are using the Season 1-3 designs for the RWBY characters and not the Season 4+ designs. Those will be more relevant and concurrent with this game.

I think season 1-3 just hit japan with official dub. I don't recall if season 4-5 is releasing there yet.

It's probably since the new designs are at most a year or so old, whereas the Vols 1 through 3 attires have been around since 2013 onward, and are what is most recognisable to people who even give the franchise a passing glance.

Besides which, if they did go with the current outfits, one in particular would be a huge-arse spoiler...

Chie Satonaka91

Neo Member
Well, the next character reveals are later this month, wonder who will be next. Hopefully Chie and Rise make it in, in which case that will be my team. Definitely in for Switch.

Neoxon

I guess this explains why they didn't specify which BlazBlue was coming to the Switch. Then again, a good chunk already suspected that they meant Tag Battle as the BB game on the Switch when TB was finally revealed.

DrArchon

Weird that they haven't announced Noel yet. I mean, she's the leading lady of BB and she's going to get in, but it's weird nonetheless.

I just need to know which design she has. Hat or no hat?

Yesss, getting that Switch version. Already have a Pro Controller and a Pokkén controller I bought for the Wii U so this shouldn't require any new purchases when it comes to that.

Crocodile

It's probably since the new designs are at most a year or so old, whereas the Vols 1 through 3 attires have been around since 2013 onward, and are what is most recognizable to people who even give the franchise a passing glance.

Besides which, if they did go with the current outfits, one in particular would be a huge-arse spoiler...

I feel its more important to future-proof the game then have it be outdated at the time of release.If these were 3D models it wouldn't be so bad as its easy to do new skins and what not but as 2D sprites I think being more forward looking would have been the right move. We are probably going to get a few years of the Season 4+ designs. (RWBY spoiler I assume you're referring to)
Yang getting a robo arm
is a pretty minor spoiler. It's not the type of thing that if you learned about in advance would really change how one views the show. This isn't a (Game of Thrones Book 1 spoiler)
Ned Stark dies
tier of spoiler.

I think season 1-3 just hit japan with official dub. I don't recall if season 4-5 is releasing there yet.

This makes a bit more sense but still sucks IMO especially since the bulk of the RWBY fanbase is Western

Finaj

Huh. Given how much Rooster Teeth (the guys who make RWBY) are associated with Xbox, I'm surprised that it's the only platform missing out. Disappointing.

DrArchon

Hm. I'll admit that I'm only familiar with Blazblue, so...

That said, I'm looking forward to having an ArcSys fighter on Switch!

They either hinted or directly said (can't remember which) that there'll be more BB characters than the other series get, probably because they have a lot more to work with (and BlazBlue's in the fucking title of the game).

If I had to guess the distribution will be:

BB >>> P4A/U >> UNIEL >>>>>>> RWBY

So I'd imagine that even if you only have experience with BB you'll be fine.

Top Bottom