• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle coming to PS4/Switch/Steam

Korigama

Does ArcSys usually offer dual audio?
Not with consistency anymore. Central Fiction is the last game in the current BlazBlue story arc, yet in spite of Aksys (not to be confused with Arc System Works, as the two are completely different companies) dubbing every game before it, they made the excuse of not doing so in order to release the game to people more quickly when really it was to save money. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- had dual audio, but the quality of the English dub was rather mediocre overall and that was the only GG to have one, so they got less complaints when it was dropped for -REVELATOR- and Rev 2.

As for Persona 4 Arena, the games were developed by Arc with Atlus' supervision, but Atlus published the games and handled the voice acting. They rightfully got crap for region-locking the first game as a trade-off for dual audio, but while they didn't region-lock Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, dual audio only extended to gameplay and not story.

pls
tumblr_oxtzhiRWpM1r60zuio1_540.gif

Weiss wishes she could be as smooth as Yang

WHAT is even going on here? I feel like I'm missing several frames here; it feels like I blink and miss half the motion.

I fully expect RWBY to be the only series here to have English audio.

I'd love to be wrong as I love Persona's dub but I feel like we would have seen characters from the other series have English dialogue by now if they were going to have it.

WHAT is even going on here? I feel like I'm missing several frames here; it feels like I blink and miss half the motion.

Yang is having a sparing contest with Ruby who is terrible at hand to hand. Ruby punches Yang dodges.

I'd love to be wrong as I love Persona's dub but I feel like we would have seen characters from the other series have English dialogue by now if they were going to have it.

Yang is having a sparing contest with Ruby who is terrible at hand to hand. Ruby punches Yang dodges.

Ah, I see...

Something about the animation really messes with my head...

Luigi87

Due to time and budget I sincerely doubt there will be Teach Me Ms. Litchi segements in the game, but... Because of RWBY Chibi's existence, I really want some gag stuff on the side, lol.

jVvUFHp.gif

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not with consistency anymore. Central Fiction is the last game in the current BlazBlue story arc, yet in spite of Aksys (not to be confused with Arc System Works, as the two are completely different companies) dubbing every game before it, they made the excuse of not doing so in order to release the game to people more quickly when really it was to save money. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- had dual audio, but the quality of the English dub was rather mediocre overall and that was the only GG to have one, so they got less complaints when it was dropped for -REVELATOR- and Rev 2.

As for Persona 4 Arena, the games were developed by Arc with Atlus' supervision, but Atlus published the games and handled the voice acting. They rightfully got crap for region-locking the first game as a trade-off for dual audio, but while they didn't region-lock Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, dual audio only extended to gameplay and not story.
Aksys wasnt in charge of the bbcp dub, ASW took that control away around bbcsex if I remember right.

Due to time and budget I sincerely doubt there will be Teach Me Ms. Litchi segements in the game, but... Because of RWBY Chibi's existence, I really want some gag stuff on the side, lol.

jVvUFHp.gif

I actually feel like this would be a great game for Teach Me segments. It would be useful in helping explain elements of the different franchises for those not familiar with all of them.

So yeah I hope they have them and gag reals. Lots of set ups for jokes between these four series.

Just imagine Yu getting slapped with the spectacles of Eros.

Have Glynda and or Qrow help the lessons~

That would actually be a fun idea to have a different character from each franchise help with the lessons. I could see Margaret or Mitsuru do the Persona based segments.

Blazblue and P4A were on xbox though

I suspect that was because Xbox 360 was deeply entrenched as the FG standard platform in that generation. Even in Japan, Xbox 360 was used for everything that ran on it. The PS4 now has that position this generation so there is less incentive to make an Xbox port.

BossRush

I just realized that because this game is going to be easy to play, I can FINALLY play Hazama without needing strenuous execution

On that note, it would make the potential inclusion of Mercury all the more funny, if we had Yuri throwing shade on Yosuke.

Korigama

Aksys wasnt in charge of the bbcp dub, ASW took that control away around bbcsex if I remember right.
Ah, I see.
I suspect that was because Xbox 360 was deeply entrenched as the FG standard platform in that generation. Even in Japan, Xbox 360 was used for everything that ran on it. The PS4 now has that position this generation so there is less incentive to make an Xbox port.
The 360 release for P4AU didn't have a JP version, though. Of course, I question how popular 360 actually was for competitive play in Japan for fighters in general beyond tourney players using it for online, particularly anime fighters (Capcom fighters being a different story).

Would be nice to have the other series get english audio as well since arc sys is including the japanese audio for the rwby characters

I really hope Ragna gets a Qrow color scheme since there's no way he'll be in otherwise.

I mean he's my most wanted so I'm biased but I think he has a fair shot. If we're getting seven or so like the place holder screen I think there's a chance.

At least give me Penny dammit!

I mean he's my most wanted so I'm biased but I think he has a fair shot. If we're getting seven or so like the place holder screen I think there's a chance.

At least give me Penny dammit!
Qrow has less chance than a JNPR character and any of the villains.

And at most you'll get Nu and/or Vatista with a Penny color.

Weiss looking really good. Looking forward to seeing Blake and Yang, hopefully Cinder too. Cool to see this getting a switch release, might have to look into a converter for my stick.

Now they need to announce cross-play to really nail the whole"cross" thing.

If we're going down that route, then surely a fourth port being available for XBox would be the quintessential icing on the cake.

I'd love both, or either, but I'm not holding my breath on cross play or XBox until I see anything otherwise.

I'm probably already just going to lock in my Rachel / Hazama team right now. Those are my go-to's in Blazblue. Although if you put Naoto in, it'll probably be Naoto / Hazama instead.

DrArchon

I'm probably already just going to lock in my Rachel / Hazama team right now. Those are my go-to's in Blazblue. Although if you put Naoto in, it'll probably be Naoto / Hazama instead.

I wonder if they'll bring over her instant-kill moves. Those really set her apart from the rest of the cast, but it doesn't look like Rachel has her wind meter, just wind as a part of special attacks, so I'm not 100% sure they'll bring over Naoto's unique stuff.

Narroo

I wonder if they'll bring over her instant-kill moves. Those really set her apart from the rest of the cast, but it doesn't look like Rachel has her wind meter, just wind as a part of special attacks, so I'm not 100% sure they'll bring over Naoto's unique stuff.

Instant kill moves? Astral finishes were only exclusive to certain characters in the very first game's arcade release.

DrArchon

Instant kill moves? Astral finishes were only exclusive to certain characters in the very first game's arcade release.

Sorry, I thought he meant Naoto from P4, not Naoto from BB.

In P4, Naoto can chip away at an opponent's "skull counter" with specials and when it reaches 0 she gets 2 instant kill supers.

Zyrox

I think, since the poster was talking BB, they were talking about Naoto Kurogane and not Shirogane.

lupinko

Xbox 360 was only the home standard for Street Fighter 4 and its iterations (and probably Marvel 3 but outside of Nemo and due to the lack of arcade version, Marvel 3 and Ultimate weren't much of a thing here in Japan). That was due to the PS3 having a crummy port and the fact that all the non-Japan events ran the 360 version. It was also the dawn of fighting game esports at that time so money talks. And the 360 game wasn't the real Japanese standard, the arcade version was.

And it was only Cave shmups and Idolmaster that carried the 360 in Japan.

Zeroro

Still hedging my bets on both Jubei and Teddie making it in. There's no way I'm not buying this game if that's a possible team.

Top Bottom