• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Joni

Still follow it weekly, but it is a bit disappointing he rarely kills off someone and he always ends up in continous series of fights.

Mesoian

It's gonna be either Orihime or nobody that Ichigo ends up with.

And if it is indeed Orihime it will happen after a timeskip.

And honestly, if it's going to be like Naruto where the fact that they get together is reduced to a single page and nothing else, who cares? It's not important.

Anyway, this current Arc in Bleach is terrible. I have no emotional investment in any of these characters and I don't care if they live or die, which makes the entire war a complete failure. I'm just waiting for Aizen to show up and reveal that Yawch is just an illusion of his and Tousen and Gin were alive all along.

Khezu

Ichigo should hook up with makoto from Street Fighter.

Wasn't Hat Guy going to train her and some other of Ichigos less important friends?

Did anything ever come of that?

jstripes said:
Fucking Bleach. Can't wait for it to end so I can stop reading it.

lordcanti said:
That's where I'm at.

This is where I am at. Which is crazy since the SS arc so good but, that was like, what, 10 years ago now? I think Bleach fans like myself just hold out and wait for something amazing to happen. There are moments of course
like the past 3 chapters where the royal guard one shot the quincy elite guard however the moment is ruined when they were conveniently resurrected and upgraded. Then they start one shotting

Oh Bleach/Kubo.

VariantX

it'll probably be another 2 years before this thing finally ends with how little goes down in some chapters. Its hard for me to be invested after having the soul sucked out of me from the hueco mundo stuff.

I've been reading the manga since the Anime ended, but I am having a hard time keeping track on what is going on. I just know that Kenpachi is so powerful that you will die if you imagine yourself to be more powerful then him or whatever.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
250px-Ep364RukiaProfile2.png

<3

Some of the characters are technically dead right? They're in soul society so it's heir souls. If they die again? Don't they just go back? Or do they go somewhere else when they're dead...again. And how are humans or non-dead people hanging out in soul society?

daveo42

Banned
Watch this whole thing end up as some sort of Aizen illusion. We never did actually see his bankai.

I wish. Yhwach is so boring.

Nope, that's not going to happen.

My guess is that Aizen will show up and obliterate Yhwach right before he can obtain the power of the Soul King or w/e and the final battle will again be between Ichigo and Aizen, except even more powered up than before because reasons.

Kain

Tite end this already, for everyone's sake.

On a side note, I like to think Shunsui's eyepatch is a clear homage to Big Boss.

Raynes

My thoughts on things. It's incredibly ridiculous that how Kubo did nothing to involve the Fullbringers, the befriended Arrancar, Ukitake and Kyoraku (the new CAPTAIN COMMANDER wth). It was a bloody war and he had these characters who it was indicated would fight do nothing. It' going to take one hell if a plot explanation (if there is any) to explain why they did not join the war, in a fight where their existence depended on it. Bloody hell Kyoraku just stood watching whilst a huge fuck off meteor thing came crashing down on the Wandenreich. Complete bullshit. It's also bullshit how Kubo had none of the Vizards go hollow mode in a fight where hollows have the upper hand against the Quincys. And where is Kido? Kido would be most useful against Quincys... Also Kyoraku got royally fucked by Colonel Sanders quincy, how can Byakuya take him and another SR out at the same time. And now the most bizarre thing in Bleach... How the hell did Luppi come back? the whole top half of his body was blown to bits :/
Of course I'll keep following this until we get closure. What I think will happen next is that everyone currently in the SS, including the SR will be taken off to the Royal Realm to fight against whats left the enemies, maybe their numbers will increase when Bach uses Zanka no Tachi. In terms of Aizen's involvement, he's definitely free right now I think. After the Seireitei transformed into the VR, I don't see how he could still be sealed. Kyoraku will either try to bring him to the RR or forget about him, leaving him free to destroy VR and SS.

I know people are gonna hate me but this manga(Bleach) needs to end. Its the same shit every week.

Tite Kubo's magic formula:

1. Hero fights expendable villain
2. Expendable villain gains upper hand and is about to finish Hero
3. New hero steps in and saves almost defeated hero
4. That new hero has a NEW pulled out of Kubo's ass power up all of a sudden
5. New hero defeats villain easily in a quite cocky manner,explaining why he powered up
6. New expendale villain appears
7. Rinse and repeat
8. ??????
9. Profit

This series has been trash since the ending of the Aizen Soul Society arc plagued with expendable villains like the Arrancar no# 1-100 and Sternritters A-Z. Seriously I expect new expendable villains soon like Alpha - Gamma.

Also unlike Naruto and One Piece,Bleach is totally not believable of the ''Big 3''. Until recently no one in Soul Society ever died from their fights,no matter how gruesome the injury somehow they always survive of some bullshit. I mean look at the chick (I forgot her name) that was sliced in half by Aizen,she's still alive today.....are you kidding me?

Feels like recently Kubo is just offing characters just to mix it up a bit but its backfiring because their deaths have NO real impact on the reader and comes off as stupid cast lay-offs. Can anyone here tell me of a recent Bleach death that mattered to the Bleach world or have any impact like One Piece/Naruto? <-------- I'll wait!

People complained about character development in Naruto but out of the ''Big 3'' Bleach is the worst offender. No real noteworthy development on the characters and look no further than Orihime aka Ms. One-liner .

''Kurosaki-Kun,Kurosaki-Kun,Kurosaki-Kun,Kurosaki-Kun,Kurosaki-Kun,Kurosaki-Kun''

Like I said in the other (Naruto) thread,Kubo has checked out on this series and is phoning in this manga/chapters every week so he can receive a paycheck.

The way Yamamoto died was so damn cheap to me. As a matter of fact, the whole stealing of the Bankai aspect was ridiculous. Kubo is just making up shit as he goes along.

HardRojo

I like to pretend it ended with the Aizen saga. Never watched an episode nor read past that. I think it's better this way.

My thoughts on things. It's incredibly ridiculous that how Kubo did nothing to involve the Fullbringers, the befriended Arrancar, Ukitake and Kyoraku (the new CAPTAIN COMMANDER wth). It was a bloody war and he had these characters who it was indicated would fight do nothing. It' going to take one hell if a plot explanation (if there is any) to explain why they did not join the war, in a fight where their existence depended on it. Bloody hell Kyoraku just stood watching whilst a huge fuck off meteor thing came crashing down on the Wandenreich. Complete bullshit. It's also bullshit how Kubo had none of the Vizards go hollow mode in a fight where hollows have the upper hand against the Quincys. And where is Kido? Kido would be most useful against Quincys... Also Kyoraku got royally fucked by Colonel Sanders quincy, how can Byakuya take him and another SR out at the same time. And now the most bizarre thing in Bleach... How the hell did Luppi come back? the whole top half of his body was blown to bits :/
Of course I'll keep following this until we get closure. What I think will happen next is that everyone currently in the SS, including the SR will be taken off to the Royal Realm to fight against whats left the enemies, maybe their numbers will increase when Bach uses Zanka no Tachi. In terms of Aizen's involvement, he's definitely free right now I think. After the Seireitei transformed into the VR, I don't see how he could still be sealed. Kyoraku will either try to bring him to the RR or forget about him, leaving him free to destroy VR and SS.
I think Aizen's dead (or whatever "dead" means in this series). When he refused to join Lloyd and Rroyd, once Rroyd exited the prison or whatever, they showed a huge cross-shaped explosion. I'm assuming that's supposed to show that Yhwach is so powerful that he could just off Aizen with little effort.

I know people are gonna hate me but this manga(Bleach) needs to end. Its the same shit every week.

Tite Kubo's magic formula:

1. Hero fights expendable villain
2. Expendable villain gains upper hand and is about to finish Hero
3. New hero steps in and saves almost defeated hero
4. That new hero has a NEW pulled out of Kubo's ass power up all of a sudden
5. New hero defeats villain easily in a quite cocky manner,explaining why he powered up
6. New expendale villain appears
7. Rinse and repeat
8. ??????
9. Profit

I'm having trouble following bleach, despite reading it for the past 5 years atleast, but that seems to be the formula. After said villains are knocked off, it's hard for me to even remember them. This is especially true for the current arc. Quincy after quincy keep coming, but I hardly remember them, or the whole plot after they're defeated and the next villain appears.

bobawesome

"It still exists."

Why remind me? I haven't cared about Bleach since Aizen's "imprisonment". I haven't read it in months and I think I'm fine with that. That said...my relationship with Bleach is complicated. I still want to eventually go back to it to see how things pan out.

Astral

Kubo seems so afraid to kill characters off it's ridiculous. Remember when Hitsugaya accidentally stabbed the shit out of Hinamori? Bitch should've died. It would've been a pretty big moment. I definitely would've felt something. Hiyori got cut in fucking half? It's OK, Unohana healed her with her OP healing powers. Byakuya got hit in the face with the full force of his own bankai? He's alive somehow. It's not like these characters went on to do anything important. They're still useless. I can understand Byakuya living since he's pretty popular I guess, but the other two? Who even cares about them? When he finally kills someone, it's predictable as hell (Yamamoto).

He doesn't even kill villains anymore. Half of these Nazi guys keep getting their asses kicked and then just keep coming back. He doesn't even show off their powers well. That burner finger dude with the mohawk said he had more power than Yamamoto's bankai in one of his fingers. Ok bro, how about you actually show us how strong you are? Nope, Kubo decides to strip him along with the other Nazis of their powers so now they'll probably be pissed and join the Shinigami.

AND WHY THE HELL CAN ICHIGO STILL NOT FIRE A CERO?! This dude is such a loser. He's strong for no reason. When he first blocked that Nazi's attack with a hardened arm I thought he had finally used that Hollow technique, hierro. Nope, it was some Quincy bullshit. Now he's a Quincy. Kubo also retconned the method he got his Hollow powers for some stupid reason. Instead of having the powers due to almost becoming a Hollow during his training with Urahara, he now has the powers because his mom got infected by a Hollow. Because they can do that now. What the fuck? Does he even have the mask anymore? He's also way too pretty now. I miss his old punk-ass pissed off face. I hate Ichigo.

/rant.

Sadist

You know, I really like the "Welcome to your excecution" arc. It was fun, simple and focussed. The Aizen fight and the Quincy thing isn't. I still read because of the art.

Plus I miss humour in Bleach. Oddball Orihime was fun a few months ago.

Linkark07

Banned
Bleach. I loved the beginning, it was so great. Then Soul Society came. It was different but it was even better than when Ichigo and Rukia were hunting hollows.

Then the arrancar arc came. The quality of the manga started dropping since then.
IMO, it should have ended when Aizen was defeated, although it could have ended at the end of the Fullbring arc with a "happy ending" since Ichigo got his power backs.

The beginning of the Quincy arc seemed interesting, and truthfully, I hoped it would be with the same quality of Soul Society. Boy, I was so wrong. Shinigamis became even more stupid than in the past, and plot moves even slower than FKT.

Right now, I just want Kubo to put an end to Bleach misery.

One thing that's bothering me now: are shinigami alive or not? What's all this business about blood and bleeding and lowering core body temperature to below survivable extremes? I thought they were spirits.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One thing that's bothering me now: are shinigami alive or not? What's all this business about blood and bleeding and lowering core body temperature to below survivable extremes? I thought they were spirits.

In Bleach you die twice. Once puts you in soul society as a kinda-flesh-and-blood ghost, twice recycles your soul back into spirit juice to fuel new life in the real world.

In Bleach you die twice. Once puts you in soul society as a kinda-flesh-and-blood ghost, twice recycles your soul back into spirit juice to fuel new life in the real world.
So, then, every Quincy--what with them being human--would have to be killed twice. I guess that explains how they "survived" the purge from 1000 years ago: they actually died, and now they're shinigamified Quincy.

And yeah, the Visored should have used Hollow powers.

So, then, every Quincy--what with them being human--would have to be killed twice. I guess that explains how they "survived" the purge from 1000 years ago: they actually died, and now they're shinigamified Quincy.

And yeah, the Visored should have used Hollow powers.

Nah, the current Quincies are just humans that got their powers thanks to Ywach in exchange form their souls going into him when they die.

Yado

This thread just reminded me of Karin and how Kubo never did anything with her but wasted time on those shitty fullbringers (worst characters ever except for Dondochakka and Pesche). I think that Fullbringer arc was what the final thing that made me detach from bleach. I still read it but...eh.

At this point even introducing the King's guard is overkill. Just keep it simple, let Ichigo and his friends go the palace and handle their business, show us that Chad and Orihime have grown.

This thread just reminded me of Karin and how Kubo never did anything with her but wasted time on those shitty fullbringers (worst characters ever except for Dondochakka and Pesche). I think that Fullbringer arc was what the final thing that made me detach from bleach. I still read it but...eh.

At this point even introducing the King's guard is overkill. Just keep it simple, let Ichigo and his friends go the palace and handle their business, show us that Chad and Orihime have grown.

LOL, they will use their same attack again at best.

Bleach. I loved the beginning, it was so great. Then Soul Society came. It was different but it was even better than when Ichigo and Rukia were hunting hollows.

Then the arrancar arc came. The quality of the manga started dropping since then.
IMO, it should have ended when Aizen was defeated, although it could have ended at the end of the Fullbring arc with a "happy ending" since Ichigo got his power backs.

The beginning of the Quincy arc seemed interesting, and truthfully, I hoped it would be with the same quality of Soul Society. Boy, I was so wrong. Shinigamis became even more stupid than in the past, and plot moves even slower than FKT.

Right now, I just want Kubo to put an end to Bleach misery.

No the hell it doesn't....

tri_willy

All you need to know

Aizen 1 (the original Aizen)

ibbLUEeMlCxan0.jpg

Aizen 2 (Ginjo Kugo)

ib2531JWwTOlGk.png

Aizen 3 (Tsukushima)

iCHC1YFS8QJdF.png

Aizen 4 *new (Askin Nakk Le Vaar)

ii5HVwa5MMb2K.png

Tamanon

Banned
Still ready for the final Aizen appearance, and the return of the old villains, now heroes.

Enjoying the manga though, will really love seeing it animated.

Furyous

I still don't get Unohana's bankai.

That's another mindfuck.

The entire series everyone is scared of her and it makes no sense....
Then Kubo does the asspull of asspulls and reveals she's the kenpachi that was never defeated. If her main bankai heals everyone then her real bankai must've been terrifying but we'll never know because Kubo's affinity for reaction shots exceeds his desire to expound on good shit.

What's the over/under on how many chapters we have left in this manga?

Ezalc

It's an awful manga that I'm just reading at this point to see how it fucking ends and because I want to see Yoruichi's and Isshin's bankai. Also Chad is awesome.

This shit should have ended with Aizen after the 500 deicide chapters. Jesus christ.

Top Bottom