• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragonball Z Revival OT Super | Super Saiyan God Super Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koriandrr

tumblr_mp0mm0uzZq1rcf543o3_500.gif

Suuuuppaaaaaaaa~

...this is fine.

NeonZ

Unless they clearly state somewhere that there are three different Trunks:

Aside from Trunks' comment, there's also how GT Goku doesn't recognize the Time Patroller, even though Z Goku joins you in TokiToki City after Battle of Gods.

Xenoverse itself is fairly inconsistent about that though, since in the Parallel quest dialogue GT Goku recognizes Beerus.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wait so we can get God SuperSaiyan 3? That sounds sweet as hell.

It's kind of like "Why did Goku never use Kaio-ken as a Super Saiyan?" and now Toriyama just re-inveted Kaio-ken and he's all like, BUT NOW YOU CAN! And it's BLUE!

NeonZ

Wait so we can get God SuperSaiyan 3? That sounds sweet as hell.

Nah, don't think so. Toriyama said in a interview in the beginning of 2014 that after facing Beerus and training with god ki Goku learned that SSJ in fact could become better than SSJ2 and SSJ3, which were just altered versions that wasted too much power, and would train just to improve that form. The blue SSJ in RoF seems to be the result of that.

But isnt Goku dead? shit i forgot what happened after Buu saga, unless its not following that.

He was alive by the end of the Buu Saga, although he starts dead.

zeioIIDX

So much nostalgia...those Toonami intros were the best. I'd race home after school, toss that damn backpack to the side, and throw on some Toonami. The intros always got me hyped especially when a new saga was at hand and it showed clips from the new saga that hadn't happened yet. Oh God lol....

Blader

In theory yes. But it has Gregory, an anime only character.

#dragonballcanonmakesnosense

Huh! I never knew that. I kept wondering why he was absent in BoG.

It's kind of like "Why did Goku never use Kaio-ken as a Super Saiyan?" and now Toriyama just re-inveted Kaio-ken and he's all like, BUT NOW YOU CAN! And it's BLUE!

Goku actually does use Kaioken as SSJ when fighting Pikkon.

I always figured Super Saiyan + Kaioken would be too much of a strain on a mortal body, hence why Goku was able to pull it off in that filler arc after the Cell games, being free of those constraints and such.

Woah, I didn't know SSGSS was a thing. Is it something from Revival of F? I don't remember it in Battle of Gods.

Also, Hype!!!!

Edit: ↓↓ thanks!

Woah, I didn't know SSGSS was a thing. Is it something from Revival of F? I don't remember it in Battle of God.

Also, Hype!!!!
Yes it's in RoF.

My biggest question about this series is whether every Saiyan gets the God power-up. There is literally no reason why they shouldn't unless they give us a reason like 'they couldn't hold the power'.

hamchan

Yes it's in RoF.

My biggest question about this series is whether every Saiyan gets the God power-up. There is literally no reason why they shouldn't unless they give us a reason like 'they couldn't hold the power'.

Yeah there is no reason not to. Especially since the body remembers the power up, they might as well take turns going God form to all get it.

TreIII

I always figured Super Saiyan + Kaioken would be too much of a strain on a mortal body, hence why Goku was able to pull it off in that filler arc after the Cell games, being free of those constraints and such.

Yeah, and it'd flow right along with why Goku was able to hold SSJ3 significantly longer when he was "dead" than when he was alive, as well.

Yeah there is no reason not to. Especially since the body remembers the power up, they might as well take turns going God form to all get it.
Yeah hopefully they just won't do it. We really need them to be relevant again because as much as I love Goku and Vegeta I want at least the other Saiyans to be players.

Not too bothered about Piccolo and the humans because I think they can still be interesting and fun characters without even throwing a punch.

Hopefully the make those blood transfusion rumors for krillin canon LOL. I remember waiting and waiting for krillin to turn Super Saiyan Rofl.

Yes it's in RoF.

Did you watch Battle of Gods? The Super Saiyan God ritual gives you temporary God power. The ritual is not permanent. That's why the original Super Saiyan God and his band of pure-hearted Saiyans did not succeed in overthrowing the evil Saiyans in the backstory told by Shenron.

Goku's "absorbing" of the God power to make it his own is a different thing than the ritual, and is something that takes skills since even Beerus was surprised that Goku managed to pull that off. In Resurrection F, Vegeta has apparently absorbed this God power too. But there is no reason every other Saiyan should automatically get the power-up. I doubt the two halves of Gotenks have enough skills to pull that off. Gohan has the raw power, but he also lacks skills, as well as the motivation.

Big One

Banned
GT is not canon to the manga and the new movies because it's not in the same continuity, it's pretty simple to understand people's wording on this matter. There is zero reason to try to avoid stepping on GT's toes in this new series when the two movies that kicked this whole thing off already make it clear that they don't co-exist in the same universe as GT.
Again that's grossly misusing the term "canon." All canon refers to is whether or not the people in charge of said property consider it official material. There's zero evidence that TOEI does not consider GT to be official, considering they put it in every merchandise they possibly can. Nor have there ever been any comments from anyone involved in the series, including Akira Toriyama, to state there is a Dragonball canon in the first place.

The "Dragonball canon" is a made-up thing by the fans by and large. There is official material that states things exist in different continuities, but the fact that GT is even considered to be an alternative universe by TOEI already means it's "canon" in the sense that it's official work recognized by the people who own the Dragonball property. Because if it wasn't canon, it wouldn't even be talked about let alone put in their merchandise.

Snaku

Banned
Again that's grossly misusing the term "canon." All canon refers to is whether or not the people in charge of said property consider it official material. There's zero evidence that TOEI does not consider GT to be official, considering they put it in every merchandise they possibly can. Nor have there ever been any comments from anyone involved in the series, including Akira Toriyama, to state there is a Dragonball canon in the first place.

The "Dragonball canon" is a made-up thing by the fans by and large. There is official material that states things exist in different continuities, but the fact that GT is even considered to be an alternative universe by TOEI already means it's "canon" in the sense that it's official work recognized by the people who own the Dragonball property. Because if it wasn't canon, it wouldn't even be talked about let alone put in their merchandise.

Actually Toriyama did comment on GT, he referred to it as a side story.

NeonZ

Just like it's Dragon Ball Kai and not Dragon Ball Z Kai. Can't have the US folks get confused now. :D

Dragonball Kai is just Z recut though, so slapping the Z isn't odd. This is a new show, I don't think they'll slap a Z there. GT isn't called "Dragonball ZGT" in the USA.

Did you watch Battle of Gods? The Super Saiyan God ritual gives you temporary God power. The ritual is not permanent. That's why the original Super Saiyan God and his band of pure-hearted Saiyans did not succeed in overthrowing the evil Saiyans in the backstory told by Shenron.

Goku's "absorbing" of the God power to make it his own is a different thing than the ritual, and is something that takes skills since even Beerus was surprised that Goku managed to pull that off. In Resurrection F, Vegeta has apparently absorbed this God power too. But there is no reason every other Saiyan should automatically get the power-up. I doubt the two halves of Gotenks have enough skills to pull that off. Gohan has the raw power, but he also lacks skills, as well as the motivation.
Of course I watched the film, surely it's not too crazy to think someone can forget the minutiae of a power-up.

That aside, it's not like Dragonball isn't famous for hyping up a form and then just handing it out to everyone. Trunks and Goten became Super Saiyans at a ridiculously young age and with little training. It took Future Trunks to witness the death of his mentor to give him the form.

Regardless, at least there's an explanation.

Ishida

Banned
Where is this from?

Made by a Deviantart user, if I remember correctly.

i think if GT was good more people would be ok with it being " canon ". But instead, it sucked, so they want it to be redone lol.

GT was amazing, and it is still the true ending to the franchise in my world. :D

SSJ4 is still
the best
my favorite transformation, and I loved the GT series.

You have great taste.

Big One

Banned
Actually Toriyama did comment on GT, he referred to it as a side story.
That does not reference "canon" whatsoever. That comment doesn't even establish GT being in it's own continuity, even though it is. GT does not share the same continuity as something like the manga, but it's still canon as long as TOEI recognizes it as part of the official series.

Ishida

Banned
That does not reference "canon" whatsoever. That comment doesn't even establish GT being in it's own continuity, even though it is. GT does not share the same continuity as something like the manga, but it's still canon as long as TOEI recognizes it as part of the official series.

The way I see it, Dragon Ball GT is canon to the Anime continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom