• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleach Manga |OT| Return of the King

Viridian6

Hitsugaya is keeping his Sternritter outfit for the coolness factor lol. Though he's gonna need backup...

It's hard to take Askin's "invulnerability" seriously when he already died once, simply from taking too much damage.

What's the point of all these fights again? Isn't sideburns literally a god?

Happened with Aizen, too. For about half of a year, we had to see the peacock guy take on a drag queen, Kira fight a chicken, some other forgettable fight, and then witness Ikkaku get his ass tossed around by a whale man.

And then, on top of it all, we had the top espada member fights, which were actually okay until the Vizards showed up

Heroman

Banned
When will get Ichigo vs Ishida? 2020? Also what happen to my main man grimmjow, He was hype up for like 5 years and came and went.

Let's have some predictions for the next few chapters, y'all :]

I think Hitsugaya will be able to take down Gerald, but I'm not sure if a secondary character like Momo or Rangiku would join the fight for character development purposes.

As for Askin, I hope Kubo has grander plans for him than what's been shown of the other top Sternritters

The thing about Askin is that Ichigo is there. It wouldn't really make sense to hand that victory to anyone else. I'm thinking that they'll all give it their best shot but end up making him impervious to everything. Then Ichigo will overpower that immunity.

But I do have to hand it to Kubo: the chapters are actually more unpredictable now, with the cut aways to other fights at any time.

The thing about Askin is that Ichigo is there. It wouldn't really make sense to hand that victory to anyone else. I'm thinking that they'll all give it their best shot but end up making him impervious to everything. Then Ichigo will overpower that immunity.

But I do have to hand it to Kubo: the chapters are actually more unpredictable now, with the cut aways to other fights at any time.

Kubo has become pretty unpredictable in the flow of battles, yeah.

I say that about Askin because, as I noted some time ago in this thread, Askin was plotting something when Juha Bach was on top of a tower as Ichigo returned from the Soul King's palace.

I want to know what you were up to, Kubo

ohlawd

Huh... I really like that idea, actually. Finally seeing Urahara at work would be something

no thanks. tired of girls needing help

hell, Rukia needed a fucking resolve boost from her onii-sama to beat that fear dude. that shit was so unnecessary. gave Nanao and Kyoraku passes, whatever. didn't really undermine her win.

I was rolling my eyes when Yoruichi's bro came in to show off his shunkou. thankfully he should be incapacitated with the arrows in his chest

no thanks. tired of girls needing help

hell, Rukia needed a fucking resolve boost from her onii-sama to beat that fear dude. that shit was so unnecessary. gave Nanao and Kyoraku passes, whatever. didn't really undermine her win.

I was rolling my eyes when Yoruichi's bro came in to show off his shunkou. thankfully he should be incapacitated with the arrows in his chest

Who said it had to be like that?

It's within the realm of Kubo's possibilities for Kisuke to have studied Askin from a distance, come up with a plan to alter Yourichi's reiatsu using his zanpakuto, and therefore Yourichi is still a vital part to the victory.

ohlawd

Who said it had to be like that?

It's within the realm of Kubo's possibilities for Kisuke to have studied Askin from a distance, come up with a plan to alter Yourichi's reiatsu using his zanpakuto, and therefore Yourichi is still a vital part to the victory.

tbh I'm also tired of characters needing help man. this 2 or 3 vs 1 crap. the Quincy being this strong to require ganging up on them was messed up from the start

tbh I'm also tired of characters needing help man. this 2 or 3 vs 1 crap. the Quincy being this strong to require ganging up on them was messed up from the start

Yeah, that's true, but it's sadly the result of Kubo building a massive cast of characters, and leaving half of their abilities out until the very fricking end :p

Ventara

I haven't read this in so long. Are Hitsugaya and Ukitake still dead? Is Shuuske (Shunske? The new head captain) still a disappointment? Has Aizen been freed from his chair?

Welfare

I haven't read this in so long. Are Hitsugaya and Ukitake still dead? Is Shuuske (Shunske? The new head captain) still a disappointment? Has Aizen been freed from his chair?

Hitsugaya just came back, Ukitake is still dead, Aizen is still in the chair, and Shunsui showed off his Bankai.

Astral

Do people really think the chapters have become unpredictable? I rolled my eyes so much in this chapter. Every single thing a hero did made say "that's gonna have no effect" and I was right. Hitsugaya showing up at the end was like negative hype. It just made me groan. I'm tired of characters showing up at the end, do something cool only to find out it was ineffective then get their asses kicked only to finally power up in the end and kill the bad guy. I really wish this big guy would just get wrecked because he's pretty boring but that's not gonna happen if it's freaking Hitsugaya. What I thought was gonna happen was that whatshisface was gonna realize he was under the effects of Hirako's bankai. I felt like the upside-down title hinted at it but nope. It's just Hitsugaya.

GhostBed

Do people really think the chapters have become unpredictable? I rolled my eyes so much in this chapter. Every single thing a hero did made say "that's gonna have no effect" and I was right. Hitsugaya showing up at the end was like negative hype. It just made me groan. I'm tired of characters showing up at the end, do something cool only to find out it was ineffective then get their asses kicked only to finally power up in the end and kill the bad guy. I really wish this big guy would just get wrecked because he's pretty boring but that's not gonna happen if it's freaking Hitsugaya. What I thought was gonna happen was that whatshisface was gonna realize he was under the effects of Hirako's bankai. I felt like the upside-down title hinted at it but nope. It's just Hitsugaya.

More like, it's unpredictable how Kubo plans to go about these fights. Up until this point, it seemed like he wanted to focus on one batle at a time, but these past 3-4 chapters have been switching perspectives a lot more than before, so it's hard to predict who will actually fight who and who will deliver the finishing blow.

Crazy how close Bleach seemed to ending a while ago, only to be drawn out so much. I'd wager we have until Summer 2017 until things actually start wrapping up.

Astral

More like, it's unpredictable how Kubo plans to go about these fights. Up until this point, it seemed like he wanted to focus on one batle at a time, but these past 3-4 chapters have been switching perspectives a lot more than before, so it's hard to predict who will actually fight who and who will deliver the finishing blow.

Crazy how close Bleach seemed to ending a while ago, only to be drawn out so much. I'd wager we have until Summer 2017 until things actually start wrapping up.

Oh I see. I kinda like how he's handling it. It's a nice change of pace. I thought we were gonna stay in that fight against the giant for like 2 months but instead it cut to the Askin fight for a bit. That was cool.

That's it guys, pack it up. Kubo's quit Bleach. He'd rather do Dragon Ball now :'(

CZMu_HZXEAE4Pnv.jpg

Dragon Ball tribute : source

Eusis

I see that and think Lau Chan from Virtua Fighter instead.

Of course, they also likely took the design from... Something older actually.

Hystzen

That was actually a good chapter with some pretty artwork. Although yeah Kubo we get it Ryuuken is a twat we know that don't need another flashback showing he a twat

Top Bottom