• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzcon schedule released, panels detailed

Tenebrous

With SC2 accounted for (other than post-launch support, whatever form that takes, but it's not like that requires substantial engine work, tools development, and all the other stuff that keeps the RTS team busy), the next Blizzard RTS is likely already in the engineering and proof-of-concept phase. If memory serves, SC2 was already in that phase not long after The Frozen Throne was released, although it was years before production was in full swing and they didn't have anything public-facing to show until 2007. (Browder came aboard to take the lead in 2005, I think.) But as with D3, when SC2 was first shown you could tell that a ton of the core engine work was already finished in much the form we still recognize today.

I severely doubt WC4 will be set for announcement this year, but Blizzard now has a freer hand than ever to work on it, and RTS engineering staff have probably been moved off SC2/Heroes for a long time now anyway, apart from a skeleton crew for refinements and optimizations. LOTV campaign has been in the can for a long time now, and we don't know what their RTS campaign scenario designers have been working on other than the co-op missions, epilogue campaigns, and maybe the mysterious post-launch stuff we haven't heard about yet.

All speculation on my part, of course; it's hard to tell what goes on internally. For the longest time it looked like a ton of SC2 staff had been moved to Heroes, but then they came out and said their team has never been bigger, and they are in fact still hiring for it.

Can't disagree with any of that. Still, I'll keep my fingers crossed until it finally comes.

TheYanger

The links don't work for me, but no blank parts of the schedules? Could always be something new fi there's a spot where a panel could go. But not expecting it tbh. And there have been Blizzcons without anything major before, I remember...2010? something like that, 2009 maybe, the only real announcement was the monk in D3 or some shit. This will easily have more tangible info than that (Expect at least a new hots hero and a new overwatch hero or two).

Excited :) We got a house for a week gonna be nice to go relax, hanging with the people is always more fun than the panels and con, but I missed going last year so I need to play some Overwatch.

Majine

Banned
Microsoft will stream Blizzcon to Xbox One owners.

Major Nelson said:
For the first time ever, fans not attending BlizzCon 2015 in person can watch the Opening Ceremony streaming LIVE on their Xbox One via the Xbox Live Events interactive (XLEi) app starting Friday, November 6. (Details coming soon.)

Something console related coming?

I really hope Blizzard starts expanding onto consoles more. Diablo 3 on consoles was great and Overwatch seems like it'd be a perfect fit.

I'm surprised Blizzard delivered with Overwatch when they came out with this: http://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-ceo-mike-morhaime-promises-more-diverse-heroes-and-content/

It sounded like empty gesture and flip-flopping speak like we are so used to in the industry, but with regards Overwatch, they sure have nailed some unusual characters.
I wonder why the excitement is not greater for the title though. It would be a shame if the game flops and people will use it as an excuse to stir away from what they call "risque" characters.
If anyone here is going to Blizzcon and going to the Overwatch panel, please ask them about their character design philosophy for Overwatch.

Also ask them if they are afraid of the team-based-cartoon-shooter competition. Is there room enough for all these games?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they send my blizzcon bag soon!

can't wait. first blizzcon for me.

Microsoft will stream Blizzcon to Xbox One owners.

Something console related coming?

reason to turn my xbox one on! maybe overwatch? I mean it would suit consoles...

Interesting that Microsoft would stream it to Xbox One. On Reddit i heard Major Nelson was going to talk about a Windows 10 partnership, but why stream it to the console if gamers can watch the stream on PC too? Doesn't necessarily have to mean it is something big.

Interesting that Microsoft would stream it to Xbox One. On Reddit i heard Major Nelson was going to talk about a Windows 10 partnership, but why stream it to the console if gamers can watch the stream on PC too? Doesn't necessarily have to mean it is something big.

I'm 100% betting on Overwatch announcement for consoles at Blizzcon

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'm 100% betting on Overwatch announcement for consoles at Blizzcon

I was just about to say this. In a recent interview they confirmed that the PC version would have full controller support. It strikes me as a curious move if it was truly going to be a PC-only game since so few would play that way. But if they're already designing the control scheme for consoles, it doesn't hurt to include it.

Tenebrous

I was just about to say this. In a recent interview they confirmed that the PC version would have full controller support. It strikes me as a curious move if it was truly going to be a PC-only game since so few would play that way. But if they're already designing the control scheme for consoles, it doesn't hurt to include it.

Hm...

Good that more people will be able to enjoy the PC version I guess, but I can't see them having a good time. I tried playing TF2 with a 360 pad once and it went hilariously bad.

(I'm a pretty damn good controller player vs other controller players on console).

Tacitus_

hype decreasing

Tenebrous

hype decreasing

As long as kb&m players can set their sensitivity perfectly without any sort of mouse acceleration or aim assist then I've no issue with controller support being added. Just don't give controller players any sort of aim assist either, haha.

Top Bottom