• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne collector’s editions and pre-order extras revealed for EU

Azlan

However unlikely, I am still hoping for a Bloodborne bundle. Just give me an offer I can't refuse Sony. Heh.

Bittercup

Not really what I expected. Especially compared to the Dark Souls 2 CE I find this disappointing.
With Dark Souls 2 you got a relatively big statue, steelbook, soundtrack on disc, artbook and cloth map for just 10€ more then the cheapest Bloodborne CE. That was a significantly better deal than this. The Nightmare Edition is even more expensive with still worse content.
Plus I don't like the new cover at all :(

i like the quill and the trinket. i will have to make a human sacrifice and try it with real blood to test quality for science.

Bit dissapointed at the pricing of these after the fantastic treatment that demons and dark souls got in terms of their plain old regular editions. I might be remembering wrong but the first run of regular editions of both of them came with art books soundtracks and a mini guide in the case of demons for either little or no extra cost.

That being said.... I'm a sucker for a steel case...

Duster

Not really what I expected. Especially compared to the Dark Souls 2 CE I find this disappointing.
With Dark Souls 2 you got a relatively big statue, steelbook, soundtrack on disc, artbook and cloth map for just 10€ more then the cheapest Bloodborne CE. That was a significantly better deal than this. The Nightmare Edition is even more expensive with still worse content.
Plus I don't like the new cover at all :(

Yeah I got the Dark Souls steelbook which came with the Artorias of the Abyss DLC and a physical CD for under £20, looking at Zavvi's site it never cost more than £30.
http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...n-steelbook-includes-soundtrack/10808482.html

Of course it's not a direct comparison as this is a new game rather than a re-release and there's an artbook that I'm sure will be very nice but £30 more? Doesn't seem good value.
(Plus I think the Dark Souls artwork looks a lot nicer but that's subjective)

El-Suave

What is it with publishers and notebooks these days? Both Far Cry and Dragon Age CE's had elaborate but empty notebooks and now Bloodborne seems to have one, too. Who in their right mind would write stuff in a collector's item? These things are useless in my opinion.

Shengar

The new ccover looks five times better without the horrible PS4 blue game case. I even dare to say that it's now better than the old cover.

Verendus

Banned
This'll be my first Souls game pretty much. Interested to see whether it clicks with me. I think the artwork is a lot better on the steelbook than it seems to be on the normal PS4 cover. Just the blend is more pleasant.

Edit:

GABLGtV.jpg
Found an image that demonstrates what I mean. I don't really like the blue and grey mix. The steelbook sidesteps that.

Yes, this is a weird thing to be picky about. I'm being all artsy these days.

WGMBY

I kinda want to get it as a downloadable game, but that collectors edition is so sexy. Besides, I skipped out on the CE for DS2 because I knew this was coming out soon, so i might as well spring for it.

Afrocious

This'll be my first Souls game pretty much. Interested to see whether it clicks with me. I think the artwork is a lot better on the steelbook than it seems to be on the normal PS4 cover. Just the blend is more pleasant.

Edit:

Found an image that demonstrates what I mean. I don't really like the blue and grey mix. The steelbook sidesteps that.

Yes, this is a weird thing to be picky about. I'm being all artsy these days.

If I were you, I'd play Dark Souls and see if you like it before playing BB.

sublimit

Banned
How else will you indict invaders?!

Well i would have prefered it if it had various notes and rough design sketches from Miyazaki and other key stuff regarding the game's development.They would probably all be in Japanese but still it would have been pretty cool.

saturnine

lmao at that nightmare edition rrp. from and sony aiming for them fan wallets I see.

collector's edition is still pricy as fuck. is Sakuraba the composer this time as well ? gonna skip on that if so, because he was really winging it with DSII

The biggest thing I'm getting from this is that that's actually the cover for Bloodborne, I can't believe they thought that was good looking.

saturnine

seems the composer is one Michael Wandmacher. no idea how good he is. I've been on a media blackout about the content of the game, how was the music in what they have shown ?

takriel

seems the composer is one Michael Wandmacher. no idea how good he is. I've been on a media blackout about the content of the game, how was the music in what they have shown ?
I like the main theme a lot. It's pretty cachy and a mile better than everything heard in Dks 2 I think.

Mr Git

The post on the PSBlog states the game's out in Europe from the 25th of March, is this an error? Or does mainland Europe get the game then? UK date seems to be the 27th.

Top Bottom