• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Impressions Thread : And so the Nightly Hunt Begins

yes, but.... Soony

Miyazaki stated this game began getting created back in 2011.

And with creative freedom, there hasn't been much changing around stuff, so likely for the past year they have been doing nothing but building this engine and putting all the ideas on paper and ironing it all out.

I'm curious about a WW release though. Could this game hit US first then Japan after?

I wouldn't be bad about April or something like that for Bloodborne. Let The Order shine, let people get tired of Witcher 3, then feed em some Bloodborne. I dont know about you guys but nowadays my time is so limited I have to quit thinking about multiple games each month and just focus on one at a time because thats all i have time for anyway. The Order and Witcher 3 the same month as Bloodborne means I dont play either of those until April or later lol

Miyazaki stated this game began getting created back in 2011.

And with creative freedom, there hasn't been much changing around stuff, so likely for the past year they have been doing nothing but building this engine and putting all the ideas on paper and ironing it all out.

I'm curious about a WW release though. Could this game hit US first then Japan after?

I wouldn't be bad about April or something like that for Bloodborne. Let The Order shine, let people get tired of Witcher 3, then feed em some Bloodborne. I dont know about you guys but nowadays my time is so limited I have to quit thinking about multiple games each month and just focus on one at a time because thats all i have time for anyway. The Order and Witcher 3 the same month as Bloodborne means I dont play either of those until April or later lol

I want worldwide release on the same day please sony.

Yea, I'm at a 1 game a month point in my life as well... and would be fine if Bloodborne slid to the early spring considering Witcher is going to be my main jam for a while... I expect the Order won't take me more than a week to get through.

Clockwork5

I am so excited for this game. 6 months is way too long to wait for this. The impressions all seem very positive and those video clips look sublime.

the game looks fun, but the circle jerk surrounding souls like games is getting out of hand. hopefully ill play it when i eventually get a ps4.

Molemitts

Yeah but i wonder after Bloodborne. If Namco wants to make Dark Souls III who will direct it.

I don't believe Namco-Bandai own the Dark Souls IP. They only published it outside of Japan. If Dark Souls III was to be made it would be From Software's decision, most likely. Considering Miyazaki is now the president of From Software I imagine he might have more control over it.

HIR0

I don't believe Namco-Bandai own the Dark Souls IP. They only published it outside of Japan. If Dark Souls III was to be made it would be From Software's decision, most likely. Considering Miyazaki is now the president of From Software I imagine he might have more control over it.

It will be interesting to see what happens to it now that Kadokawa have picked up From.

EDIT: From publishes Dark Souls in Japan, my bad.

Yea, I'm at a 1 game a month point in my life as well... and would be fine if Bloodborne slid to the early spring considering Witcher is going to be my main jam for a while... I expect the Order won't take me more than a week to get through.

I'm looking at August and going, " ooo yeah hohokum, plants vs. zombies, Diablo 3, etc. etc." and then saying ... oh wait .. still havent gotten through Divinity yet. Dont have 150 extra dollars this month anyway! If I get Diablo 3, that will leave almost no time for anything else for atleast a few weeks and then Destiny hits the 9th of September! That game will be played for a long time .. then October gets Dragons Age and DriveClub. Thats a ton of time sucking games in a short period for me.

So yeah lol. People talk about no gamez and shit like thatbut I am having a tough time figuring out how to play everything and be satisfied ( hate engrossing myself in a title and then getting distracted by another for example, or playing an RPG and having to jump up to help my wife or pay attention to my daughter every 10 minutes )

Hellshy.

I had a dream last night that sony announced that bloodborne would hit store shelves this holiday season. I was not happy when I woke up and realized it was just a dream. Would be awesome if this dream came true with no compromises of course.

Shengar

the game looks fun, but the circle jerk surrounding souls like games is getting out of hand. hopefully ill play it when i eventually get a ps4.

I don't know how is it circle jerk when the fans split into two camps because of Dark Souls II; those who heavily cricticized it and those who accepted as it is. Miyazaki circle jerking? Maybe, but seeing the guy's achievement with his latest two games I can understand why it happened.

Stop enjoying things more than me!

They're great games and warrant all the praise, deal with it?

as you speak of a game that has not even been released and 3 pretty good other games. Im all for the genre but its not the second coming of classic videogames. I would love to have a souls type game with some fucking color.

Foggy

as you speak of a game that has not even been released and 3 pretty good other games. Im all for the genre but its not the second coming of classic videogames. I would love to have a souls type game with some fucking color.

First off, you're not an oracle from on high to remind people that these aren't the greatest games in the world. Plenty of people get that and to a select few it actual is their favorite game of all time so the excitement matches that. Also, add some fucking color? Did you play Dark Souls 2? Did you get to Anor Londo in Dark Souls?

lol..

Im not even Sure Dark Souls 3 makes sense

They would be better off making another new world!

This. I feel like with Dark 2 theyve pretty much established the neverending cycle crap and that it doesnt matter what you do itll still end up the same way so I dont think it makes sense for them to continue with that, or make up some out of left field idea for why the cycle will end. Hopefully they come with something new, or reboot one of their old franchises.

At the end of the day though...idc just want Bloodborne and glad it seems to be based heavily on Des/DaS1 animations and movement lol.

Foggy

This. I feel like with Dark 2 theyve pretty much established the neverending cycle crap and that it doesnt matter what you do itll still end up the same way so I dont think it makes sense for them to continue with that, or make up some out of left field idea for why the cycle will end. Hopefully they come with something new, or reboot one of their old franchises.

At the end of the day though...idc just want Bloodborne and glad it seems to be based heavily on Des/DaS1 animations and movement lol.

I think it can definitely work, but they really would have to expand thematically. I think it'd be pretty damn compelling if the world reflected a cycle being broken and the ramifications of that.

Jito

Banned

Opinions dude, how do they work? People enjoy this stuff more than you clearly. Again I say just deal with it, no need to try rag on us for it. Dark Souls has plenty of colour in it, Dark Souls 2 has even more, have you played them?

Im convinced you dont know what youre talking about. Go back and play Des/Dark1&2 and then come back and reply. This game is darker than those yes but it fits the atmosphere theyre trying to create. This isnt Sunset Overdrive Souls.

Namco owns the Dark Souls IP.
It will be interesting to see what happens to it now that Kadokawa have picked up From.

Wait, so what happens if From chooses to go somewhere else and Namco wants another souls game??? I'm not buying a DS3 not made by From Software...

I think it can definitely work, but they really would have to expand thematically. I think it'd be pretty damn compelling if the world reflected a cycle being broken and the ramifications of that.

Yes I do agree it would be amazing if they pulled it off somehow without it feeling cheap, but I wont hold my breath. I guess we'll find out in 3 or so years time.

Shengar

No, they only have the right outside of Japan
1787036-dark_souls_box_art.jpg
Dark-Souls-II-Japan-Box-Art.jpg
As you can see from these (glorious) covers, there is only FromSoft's logo. Its make sense because FromSoft have self published since the first Dark Souls. Nevertheless, holding the publishing right on worldwide scale still gives Namco so much power over FromSoft in this matter.

Molemitts

Are you sure? Dark Souls 1 was self published by From Software in Japan. I honestly thought Namco-Bandai were only in charge of marketing, distributing, etc. Had little to do with the game development. But Dark Souls 2 is different, Bamco published Dark Souls 2 in Japan. I'm might be wrong anyway.

Edit: Namco didn't publish DS2 in Japan.

HIR0

No, they only have the right outside of Japan

As you can see from these (glorious) covers, there is only FromSoft's logo. Its make sense because FromSoft have self published since the first Dark Souls. Nevertheless, holding the publishing right on worldwide scale still gives Namco so much power over FromSoft in this matter.
Ah my bad.

If Kadokawa and From want to make their own Souls game while retaining all rights maybe they can find another way around it like Demon's and Dark Souls.

Zornack

I want this to come out in Q1 but Warner don't have a holiday game next year so i would not be surprised if this slips again.

What about MK X and Mad Max?

It is pretty crazy that they're potentially publishing three games in February, though. (Witcher 3, Dying Light and Batman).

injurai

Banned
What about MK X and Mad Max?

It is pretty crazy that they're potentially publishing three games in February, though. (Witcher 3, Dying Light and Batman).

if they aren't competing with themselves they are competing with other publishers, so it's not exactly a risky thing to do. Especially if games hit different demographics.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm not really sure how the game can really be ready in time. They started development once the DS1 DLC wrapped, that would put it at summer '12, it'll be less than three years start to finish, it's a new IP, and a new generation, presumably with an almost original technology base. Seems pretty short, especially given the performance issues with the teams previous two games.

If it is ready, awesome, but I hope they let it bake as long as needed.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm not really sure how the game can really be ready in time. They started development once the DS1 DLC wrapped, that would put it at summer '12, it'll be less than three years start to finish, it's a new IP, and a new generation, presumably with an almost original technology base. Seems pretty short, especially given the performance issues with the teams previous two games.

If it is ready, awesome, but I hope they let it bake as long as needed.

I think within six months is too optimistic, especially since early 2015 is already getting a bit crowded. I could see it by May though.

Imru’ al-Qays;125319779 said:
No it wouldn't.

God not this again :|
The vast majority of games let you pause or give you difficult settings so maybe this game is just not for you?
You have many other game choices the same can not be said about the souls fans that like the uniqueness and quirks of the game.
So instead of demanding that everything hast to be the more of the same across all games on the market why not try and cherisch the quirks or if you cant do that just walk away and pick any other of the millions of games instead of demanding that something unique in this industry gets destroyed.

I don't see why people wanting a pause can't just go to the title screen. Your progress is saved and it takes a couple of seconds.

I'm not really against pause but technically you can already pause. Menu > Quit game and the game saves you where you are and doesn't respawn enemies.

I've never played a Souls game and I don't really care if it lets you pause or not, I just didn't understand why anyone would be so against them putting it in considering you wouldn't have to pause if you didn't want to.

Um.. after the DS2 disappointment, I wouldn't say anyone was circle jerking. Although it is back in true form now with Bloodborne and rightfully so. The stuff that made DS1 awesome seems to be back.

Top Bottom