• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

KOS IS FUCKING DEAD, I FOUND A WEAKNESS IN HIS MOVESET THATS EASY TO DRAW OUT AND HIT HIM IN RETURN, THE MOMENT I SAW THIS I BEAT HIM FIRST GO

The pistol is better because it's faster IMO. Blunderbuss have better range.

I thought the blunderbuss was better when I was starting, but as I got the hang up parrying I needed the speed of the pistol.

I've made good progress in the past week. I've done a bunch of the optional areas after slogging through forbidden forest and I'm about level 75. I think I'm gonna start on the DLC before finishing off the rest of the areas.

I thought the blunderbuss was better when I was starting, but as I got the hang up parrying I needed the speed of the pistol.

I've made good progress in the past week. I've done a bunch of the optional areas after slogging through forbidden forest and I'm about level 75. I think I'm gonna start on the DLC before finishing off the rest of the areas.

I'd recommend doing so before beating a boss with the initials MWN for story-based reasons.

I'm LVL 102, how should my next 98 levels be spent? I use Pistol and Saw Cleaver.

Vit 50
End 30
Str 30
Skill 25
Blo 9
Arc 8

I'm gonna use the pig farm method to get echoes, and for potions

Deku Tree

I decided that instead of leveling up and playing NG++ etc, I would rather start new characters, design their builds ahead of time, and pick early mid and late game weapons to use ahead of time, and go through the whole game just going after the specific weapons and armor that I want for my build.

Really enjoying my current beast claw build. Just got the Beast's embrace rune... Feels very different.

I'm LVL 102, how should my next 98 levels be spent? I use Pistol and Saw Cleaver.

Vit 50
End 30
Str 30
Skill 25
Blo 9
Arc 8

Why keep leveling up?

Too bad you can't dup glitch anymore without, deleting the game from your hard-drive, and starting a new save file, and playing offline. I wonder if only early game disks can dup glitch? Maybe they put the patch on newer disks.

I decided that instead of leveling up and playing NG++ etc, I would rather start new characters, design their builds ahead of time, and pick early mid and late game weapons to use ahead of time, and go through the whole game just going after the specific weapons and armor that I want for my build.

Really enjoying my current beast claw build. Just got the Beast's embrace rune... Feels very different.

Why keep leveling up?

Too bad you can't dup glitch anymore without, deleting the game from your hard-drive, and starting a new save file, and playing offline. I wonder if only early game disks can dup glitch? Maybe they put the patch on newer disks.

For NG+ and Chalice

rulerk1

I dont know how you people beat Daughter of the Cosmos on your own. That thing took down my NPC partner and the Co-Op partner. It had like a fourth of a health bar left by my 8+ bolt papered hunter axe was barely damaging it. Closest fight I had since BSB.

I still have Amygdala left before I fight German. So many invasions lol

Vit 50
End 30
Str 30
Skill 25
Blo 9
Arc 8

If you are going to Str then

Str>End>Skll>Arc

Arcane stat for a passive item discovery Skll can helps you with more damage input in your R1 (1 extra point) and vis attacks, and endurance for more jumping and extra stamina for heavy hits

Why keep leveling up?

Thats like the worst advice for leveling.

I dont know how you people beat Daughter of the Cosmos on your own. That thing took down my NPC partner and the Co-Op partner. It had like a fourth of a health bar left by my 8+ bolt papered hunter axe was barely damaging it. Closest fight I had since BSB.

so far i've beaten every boss on my own including DLC bosses, not even npc summons, not easy mind you and have a few left to go

Deku Tree

That feel when you meticulously clear out a huge room in a chalice dungeon that you are under leveled for... you kill the Labyrinth spirit, you kill the Labyrinth Madman, you kill all the spiders, and it took a really long time, and then you go to open the chest and three spiders drop on you from the ceiling and then your geometry locked between the spiders and the chest and can't roll away and you die.

If you are going to Str then

Str>End>Skll>Arc

Arcane stat for a passive item discovery Skll can helps you with more damage input in your R1 (1 extra point) and vis attacks, and endurance for more jumping and extra stamina for heavy hits

Thats like the worst advice for leveling.

What numbers should my stats be around 200?

Deku Tree

What numbers should my stats be around 200?

End 40 (cap)
Str 50 (cap)
Skill 25-50 (cap)

That gets you another 30-55 levels.

And start leveling up either Bloodlinge or Arcane to take one of them to 50 (and don't touch the other one) depending upon if you want to use guns and the bow blade or if you want to use Hunter Tools and weapons that scale with Arcane. The Bow Blade is like the main easy mode boss weapon.

EDIT: these are the caps

Vit 50
End 40
Str 50
Skill 50
Blo 50
Arc 50

Going beyond that in any stat has very little benefit. Going from Vit 50 all the way to Vit 99 gives you a very small gain in HP compared to what you already have for instance.

LVL 200 lets you get to the cap in all but one stat. Level 240 can get you to the cap in every stat.

How is the amount healed by potions effected by Vit increases above lvl 50 ? Do they still scale at the same rate? Or do they get dominishing returns as well?

Does ng+ scale echoes as well?

Healing potions dont scale as far as I know but there are runes that helps you healing more for each healing potion.

Yes, you receive more echos and tier 5 materials on the vendor in NG+

Ferr986

The more people you have for coop, the more HP the boss gets.

I dont find her that hard. First phase I just try to stuck between his 2 tails and go town. 2nd can be a little trickier because of her laser beams.

Also, she's super weak to Blood damage, the Chikage just melts her.

How is the amount healed by potions effected by Vit increases above lvl 50 ? Do they still scale at the same rate? Or do they get dominishing returns as well?

Does ng+ scale echoes as well?

Blood vials heals a fixed % of health, I think 40.
And yeah NG+ rewards more echoes.

Deku Tree

Checking the damage scaling on a pure arcane weapon

According to mugenmonkey

At 99 arcane
Kos parasite does 156 base damage

At 50 arcane
Kos parasite does 141

At 25 arcane
Kos parasite does 108

So Bloodborne's my favourite game I've never played... I love the atmosphere, the enemies, the music and, above all, the art...

SO - does anyone have any tips on acquiring the Offical Artworks book? I've found it listed on Amazon Japan here for aout £25(?), but I'm unsure as to whether I could even order it to the UK, nor how much that would cost...

Are there any western retailers/resellers where I could find this book? And I don't suppose there's an English version...? *EDIT* Disregard, seems the book is in both Japanese and English.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Pretty much how I always play! Though I did do NG+ and NG++ on my first character to see the different endings.

What is Blood Attack? Damage done by firearms?

Yes, and from some specific melee weapons that deal blood damage and scale with the Bloodtinge stat.

Matt Frost

I... dit it. Finished my first run of Bloodborne and the Old Hunters. Damn I wanted to cry. Such epicness. I took the three umbilical cords and
became the next god
. Was a fantastic game. I never do this, but I am going to finish it once more, unriddling all the story within Yharnam and get the Platinum trophy (Only have one plat trophy: Destiny). I need to finish this game again to learn more things about it, I don't want this game to finish. Ever. Now I need to do the quests for example. So many reason to come back to Bloodborne.

Thanks for the encouragement Ferr, Darius, Deku,... Darius, you were right, starts really hard then becomes easier and easier. Except for the thing you fight on the beach, the rest are somewhat easy. Even the thing at the beach when you were on its back up close and never giving it a minute to breathe. Lawrence was... easier than expected took him down on my first try. After practicing an hour or more with the shore thing I think I got a lot of practice. Then, Gehrman was... too easy, second form even more. Took 6 hours to do so last night, now I am at work extremely extremely tired, but happy.

Damn I am proud of myself. Had BB since it came out, but never had the patience and guts to get into it, but I am glad I did, as it turned out to be one of the best games I ever played. First From game, definitely not the last as I got Dark Souls 3.

I also need a new Bloodborne (more lore and story) or a futuristic version with the same nightmarish tone would be perfect.

I will get as far and say that Bloodborne is the best game I played so far on the PS4.

Ferr986

I... dit it. Finished my first run of Bloodborne and the Old Hunters. Damn I wanted to cry. Such epicness. I took the three umbilical cords and
became the next god
. Was a fantastic game. I never do this, but I am going to finish it once more, unriddling all the story within Yharnam and get the Platinum trophy (Only have one plat trophy: Destiny). I need to finish this game again to learn more things about it, I don't want this game to finish. Ever. Now I need to do the quests for example. So many reason to come back to Bloodborne.

Thanks for the encouragement Ferr, Darius, Deku,... Darius, you were right, starts really hard then becomes easier and easier. Except for the thing you fight on the beach, the rest are somewhat easy. Even the thing at the beach when you were on its back up close and never giving it a minute to breathe. Lawrence was... easier than expected took him down on my first try. After practicing an hour or more with the shore thing I think I got a lot of practice. Then, Gehrman was... too easy, second form even more. Took 6 hours to do so last night, now I am at work extremely extremely tired, but happy.

Damn I am proud of myself. Had BB since it came out, but never had the patience and guts to get into it, but I am glad I did, as it turned out to be one of the best games I ever played. First From game, definitely not the last as I got Dark Souls 3.

I also need a new Bloodborne (more lore and story) or a futuristic version with the same nightmarish tone would be perfect.

I will get as far and say that Bloodborne is the best game I played so far on the PS4.

Congrats! You officialy got gut!

resize

That's why I say that albeit hard, it's a game manageable for everyone. I had a friend that was the same as you, he didn't want to start the game because he was "too old for difficult games" but he ende dup finishing everything and loving it all.

Remember there's still Chalice Dungeons to do. There's exclusive enemies and bosses there. It can be a little grindy but the Depth 5 dungeons are fun.

Deku Tree

Congrats Matt!!!

Yeah I really like BB. I like it a lot better than DS3 TBH. But DS3 is also really amazing. I just personally love the atmosphere and upgrade systems in BB. They are a lot simpler.

If you go for the platinum keep upgrading your health because that defiled chalice is the hardest thing your gonna encounter yet.

-----

Almost done with my beast claw build. It's a lot of fun.

I'm thinking about doing a pure Arcane build next if I get the time. Not sure if I will though. Gonna start out with cruel fate and saw cleaver. Rush the fire gem below aw to get an arcane scaling. Upgrade only vit end and arcane ... Then try to finish the DLC as soon as possible. Don't think I can handle farming Gems though. Just do the best I can with what I get from the normal game w/o chalice dungeons. Lol.

It's been surprisingly easy to go through NG bosses with the beast claws horrible range so maybe Kos would be even easier.

became the next god

Congrats :3 Get dat Platinum trophy!

Gbraga

became the next god

Congrats! May you find your worth in the waking world.

Deku Tree

I felt like I hit a wall on my NG++ character at R
om
. I am at the soft cap in every stat so impossible to level further for an advantage. I was Doing very small damage (with a +10 saw with 21% gems in it) to him and every attack he did was doing massive damage to me. The
spiders
took forever to kill each one, and their friends were doing a lot more dive bomb attacks from off camera (which is an OHK). Didn't feel like slogging through it.

became the next god

Ah The feeling after finishing a souls game.
Go for the platinum if you can.

Matt Frost

Congrats! You officialy got gut!

resize

That's why I say that albeit hard, it's a game manageable for everyone. I had a friend that was the same as you, he didn't want to start the game because he was "too old for difficult games" but he ended up finishing everything and loving it all.

Remember there's still Chalice Dungeons to do. There's exclusive enemies and bosses there. It can be a little grindy but the Depth 5 dungeons are fun.

Congrats Matt!!!

Yeah I really like BB. I like it a lot better than DS3 TBH. But DS3 is also really amazing. I just personally love the atmosphere and upgrade systems in BB. They are a lot simpler.

If you go for the platinum keep upgrading your health because that defiled chalice is the hardest thing your gonna encounter yet.

Congrats :3 Get dat Platinum trophy!

Congrats! May you find your worth in the waking world.

Ah The feeling after finishing a souls game.
Go for the platinum if you can.

Thank you all!! Without your help and encouragement this would never have been possible.

Got gut enough to venture into the medieval version for a while (me and 2 friends bought it), let's see how it goes. I will come back to Bloodborne with more skill under my belt after the DS3 training and go for the chalice dungeons and the NG+, Platinum trophy, all weapons, quests, lore,...

Once again Thank You: Ferr, Deku, Darius, Gbraga, iRAWRasaurus and anyone who helped me conquer my fears!!!

Deku Tree

When am I able to buy a b
lood rock
from the insight messenger? I am at M
ergo
and activated the boss and still no blood rock for sale...

I already have two of them just want to spend my insight on a third one. Googling hasn't helped me figure this out.

SDR-UK

When am I able to buy a b
lood rock
from the insight messenger? I am at M
ergo
and activated the boss and still no blood rock for sale...

I already have two of them just want to spend my insight on a third one. Googling hasn't helped me figure this out.

Believe it is actually after you defeat
Margo's Wet Nurse

SDR-UK

Thanks! That's my next thing to do.

Autocorrect is a son of a bitch!

As I said I believe that is when you get the option, in fact I'm pretty positive of such. Also don't forget you can always go get some more from Chalice Dungeons as they are a more frequent drop in most of them now.

Deku Tree

As I said I believe that is when you get the option, in fact I'm pretty positive of such. Also don't forget you can always go get some more from Chalice Dungeons as they are a more frequent drop in most of them now.

Yeah I just want one more to upgrade the pizza cutter and I want to spend all my insight because I want low insight for my Beast Claw Build.

Yep, after mergo you unlock the blood chunks and the last update unlocked the blood rocks for 30 insight if I am correct

SDR-UK

Yep, after mergo you unlock the blood chunks and the last update unlocked the blood rocks for 30 insight if I am correct

Blood Rock is 60 insight. 30 insight for a Blood Rock would be extremely generous on the part of From Software and we all know they're not generous.

Deku Tree

^ yeah blood rock is 60

No I already unlocked the blood chunks at least after micolash or earlier. They're 20. They used to be 30 but got a discount.

its over now I got the blood dreg I wanted, now I just need to get the beast claws.

I'm surprised there's no trophy involving summoning or invading

Deku Tree

Wow my beast claw build with beast embrace rune and brador set is really fun. I am at over 500 beasthood. Two handed beast claws is the way to go.

its over now I got the blood dreg I wanted, now I just need to get the beast claws.

I'm surprised there's no trophy involving summoning or invading

I'm extremely happy that there isn't a Bloodborne trophy for online multiplayer. That covenant farming in DS3 when the covenant summoning is broken was horrible.

Top Bottom