• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

its over now I got the blood dreg I wanted, now I just need to get the beast claws.

I'm surprised there's no trophy involving summoning or invading

Considering how bad is the PVP in BB I am relieved, I never tried to platinum on Dark Souls cuz Covenant PVP farming against broken builds

Deku Tree

Should I be searching for help on depth 4 and 5 dungeons?

Probably. Ring the bell when you show up on the level. Fight the boss when somebody shows up. Clear out what you can before the.my do.

If you never die you don't have to ring the bell again on the next level.

I don't know why the one thing that makes me feel bad when I kill it is that ugly frenzy brain in Mensis. It shouldn't, but it just does.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
You people and your whips disgust me. Why use the whip when the Beast Cutter exists. Or the gun-saber? Or the shotgun-Halbred? I don't get you people...

jonjonaug

I felt like I hit a wall on my NG++ character at R
om
. I am at the soft cap in every stat so impossible to level further for an advantage. I was Doing very small damage (with a +10 saw with 21% gems in it) to him and every attack he did was doing massive damage to me. The
spiders
took forever to kill each one, and their friends were doing a lot more dive bomb attacks from off camera (which is an OHK). Didn't feel like slogging through it.

I would equip the Choir set to maximize your resistance to Rom's attacks and take the spiders slowly if you're having that much trouble. Use the bolt paper to deal a bit more damage.

So I'm conflicted. I have a character at lvl 35 with the following stats

Vit 20
End 18
Str 16
Skill 15
BT 9
Arc 7

And my blades of mercy & rifle spear are +3

I spent a few points on stats (str) that in hindsight could have gone else where, and I wanna be mostly skill and BT. So basically I made a some mistakes on state increases and I'm wondering if it will cost me in the end?

So I started another character

I'm already lvl 25

Vit 15
End 9
Str 9
Skill 13
BT 14
Arc 7

Should I stick with the 2nd character? Or are the wasted points in str and such not that big of a deal? Am I completely overthinking this? This is my first playthrought FYI

Deku Tree

Did anyone ever compile a list of "shared fixed dungeon" glyph codes? I can't find it with a Google search. But if you've already formed that chalice and you want to get back to it after removing the chalice then it's hard to find the code via searching.

I would equip the Choir set to maximize your resistance to Rom's attacks and take the spiders slowly if you're having that much trouble. Use the bolt paper to deal a bit more damage.

Yeah I just decided that I didn't want to keep going got kinda tired of how long it and slow it was taking to slog through each attempt with the spiders bigger health pool and more aggressive attacks.

Maybe I'll revisit that character later on. Right now I'm focusing on my beast claw build. I beat Rom in Pumertu Ithyl Chalice dungeon last night on my beast claw character first try so I guess my strategy is OK.

Thanks for the advice though. When I revisit Rom I'll use the choir set.

Did anyone ever compile a list of "shared fixed dungeon" glyph codes? I can't find it with a Google search. But if you've already formed that chalice and you want to get back to it after removing the chalice then it's hard to find the code via searching.

Yeah I just decided that I didn't want to keep going got kinda tired of how long it and slow it was taking to slog through each attempt with the spiders bigger health pool and more aggressive attacks.

Maybe I'll revisit that character later on. Right now I'm focusing on my beast claw build. I beat Rom in Pumertu Ithyl Chalice dungeon last night on my beast claw character first try so I guess my strategy is OK.

Thanks for the advice though. When I revisit Rom I'll use the choir set.

i hated that floor, filled with stick insect enemies and other things

Deku Tree

Is all chalice dungeon forming materials for sale eventually in either the insight messenger or the echoes messenger?
Or arcane haze extractor.

So I'm conflicted. I have a character at lvl 35 with the following stats

Vit 20
End 18
Str 16
Skill 15
BT 9
Arc 7

And my blades of mercy & rifle spear are +3

I spent a few points on stats (str) that in hindsight could have gone else where, and I wanna be mostly skill and BT. So basically I made a some mistakes on state increases and I'm wondering if it will cost me in the end?

So I started another character

I'm already lvl 25

Vit 15
End 9
Str 9
Skill 13
BT 14
Arc 7

Should I stick with the 2nd character? Or are the wasted points in str and such not that big of a deal? Am I completely overthinking this? This is my first playthrought FYI

A couple levels towards Str isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. If you ever want to try out any Str/Quality weapons later on or during your subsequent playthrough, it'll just speed that process up a bit. I say stick with your first character. Echoes aren't that hard to come by either.

Quality=Weapons that scale in Str and Skl btw.

The first area in The Old Hunters is a doozy. Hunters everywhere. The giant executioners are a pain too. I accidentally wandered into the boss chamber too. I'm thinking I may have to summon for him.

Why is ailing Loran BSB so much harder than main game BSB? Does main game BSB even have that OHK poison grab move?

Cuz the area is smaller and his frontal attack takes like 40% of the area and you can get stuck in some rock if you are not careful enough , his grab is an instant death so far in Ailing, in normal you can survive if you have high Vit for that battle (which barely anyone does) but the grab in normal is super rare and you have to be pretty close and in front of him to make him do it

only the troll with the metal bar is hard in the last area

Heh, only you know you can parry him is game over for him

Deku Tree

Nah, you can later enter to another antrance and get it easily or use a shaman bone to make them hostile to each other

Well if you do it that way you still have to deal with Frenzy and the Winter Lanterns... what non-boss weapon in the game is harder to obtain IYO?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Why is ailing Loran BSB so much harder than main game BSB? Does main game BSB even have that OHK poison grab move?

Yes he does, well it depends on your health. But Ailing Loran BSB is like NG+ or even NG++ difficulty, and the smaller area makes it harder overall.

Well if you do it that way you still have to deal with Frenzy and the Winter Lanterns... what non-boss weapon in the game is harder to obtain IYO?

Winter lanters are easy if you have sedatives, those enemies cant really kill you on the first frenzy, heavy hits can stagger them easily giving you time for a Blood vial after the frenzy explosion.

Holy Moonlight Sword :p

ding ding ding. pretty few know you have to wear church clotches to get it or if you take your time Oscar kills Ludwig and the weapon is no longer collectable.

Deku Tree

^ can't you just kill the head to get the moonlight sword anytime wearing anything? I was wearing Durja armor when I killed him and I have the sword.

For me it would be Kos parasite or Beast embrace (if that was allowed to count).

jonjonaug

Winter lanters are easy if you have sedatives, those enemies cant really kill you on the first frenzy, heavy hits can stagger them easily giving you time for a Blood vial after the frenzy explosion.

ding ding ding. pretty few know you have to wear church clotches to get it or if you take your time Oscar kills Ludwig and the weapon is no longer collectable.

If Simon kills Ludwig he'll give you the sword if you talk to him.

I guess that he might move up to the tower after a while, but I'm not sure if that triggers until you talk to him by Ludwig's head or not.

Deku Tree

Oh Simon kills the head after a while. Simons not missable though right? He always ends up at the lantern hut if you got him to the head chamber?

Matt Frost

I am around 80% in Dark Souls 3 and the atmosphere, combat, lore, graphics, weapons, monsters, art, design,... are much much better in Bloodborne. Cant shake off the thinking.

Deku Tree

I am around 80% in Dark Souls 3 and the atmosphere, combat, lore, graphics, weapons, monsters, art, design,... are much much better in Bloodborne. Cant shake off the thinking.

Yeah I agree and I like the combat a better in Bloodborne. Better to have a smaller number of good weapons that a ton of similar feeling weapons. And Bloodborne I feel has similar quality graphics but it feels better optimized for PS4 since it was only on PS4. Although DS3 has these huge open areas that Bloodborne doesn't really have.

The God

If I ring my bell to get summoned, is it possible I'll be summoned to bosses that I haven't reached on my own yet?

Jrmint

Just finished Shadows of Yharnam in NG+. They are considerably more resilient in this difficulty than they were in NG.

Deku Tree

If I ring my bell to get summoned, is it possible I'll be summoned to bosses that I haven't reached on my own yet?

I think you only get summoned to the area where you are in. So you must have reached the area. Higher chance of being summoned near your current location. Usually near a lantern or near a boss door.

For the short root chalice you only get summoned to dungeons and floors that you have already accessed.

In both cases you don't need to have beaten the boss yet yourself though.

Just finished Shadows of Yharnam in NG+. They are considerably more resilient in this difficulty than they were in NG.

I found them to be pretty awful on NG++, too many ways that they can OHK you. Easy on NG.

Matt Frost

Yeah I agree and I like the combat a better in Bloodborne. Better to have a smaller number of good weapons that a ton of similar feeling weapons. And Bloodborne I feel has similar quality graphics but it feels better optimized for PS4 since it was only on PS4. Although DS3 has these huge open areas that Bloodborne doesn't really have.

Agreed on everything

-Horizon-

Oh Simon kills the head after a while. Simons not missable though right? He always ends up at the lantern hut if you got him to the head chamber?
Ludwig is still sleeping in mine.

I didn't know Simon showed up in ludwig's room. Only had him show up in the nightmare church, the research hall, and the cottage.

Ugh still stuck on the
Living failures
in NG+. Got really close <5% left and got greedy and died. I'm lvl 101, am I underleveled here?
I mean if you got past Ludwig already I don't think you're under leveled at all lol.

Top Bottom