• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Ludwig is still sleeping in mine.

I didn't know Simon showed up in ludwig's room. Only had him show up in the nightmare church, the research hall, and the cottage.

You have to exhaust Simon dialogue, defeat ludwig, say no to ludwig then warp or reset the game to force the trigger

You mean the group spirit bomb or the white orb one? Spirit bomb I just time a rear attack to get the invincibility and get damage. Biggest problem is I keep getting ganged up on by a group swinging arm party.

Just go around the bing plant, hit them then shield yourself you dont have to kill them all to end the boss fight

Deku Tree

You mean the group spirit bomb or the white orb one? Spirit bomb I just time a rear attack to get the invincibility and get damage. Biggest problem is I keep getting ganged up on by a group swinging arm party.

Yeah I just run away from them and try to manipulate their alogorithm until I find one semi alone. Then take a few hits and then keep running.

silva1991

New OT, hell yeah

I beat Ludwig at blood level 4 2 weeks ago and I was like..

RVxrSm5JNYoo0.gif

what a fight it took me a month to beat

Maria was tough as well, but manageable

no I'm not even thinking about beating Larry or Orphan at level 4.

françois

Oh man, this was great.

Haven't had much time to play but I finally got to sit down for an hour. Decided to go back to the nightmare frontier after getting my ass handed to me by the two hunters last time around.

I'm probably overleveled at 75 but went ahead. Walked into
Amygdala's
room. It was pretty obvious that there was going to be a bossfight but I had no idea what was waiting for me.

Took a while to figure out the strat but still managed to kill him on the first try with a visc attack at the end.

-Horizon-

You have to exhaust Simon dialogue, defeat ludwig, say no to ludwig then warp or reset the game to force the trigger

Just go around the bing plant, hit them then shield yourself you dont have to kill them all to end the boss fight

oh you had to say no? I said yes on my first run >.<

I'll say no on my next go around then

Deku Tree

oh you had to say no? I said yes on my first run >.<

I'll say no on my next go around then

Unless I'm mis-remembering then I killed the head right away on my latest run, got the sword, and then simon showed up in the chamber after I reloaded it anyway.

Also again unless I'm mis-remembering, I think that Simon's quest still progresses even if you never talk to him at that area.

Deku Tree

Did he really do that insanity? I'm still trying to figure out how he has the patience for that stuff.

Google "BL4 defiled watchdog" and there are several videos. I didn't find one of Lobo but I didn't look that hard. IDK about "with bare hands" though.

Defiled watchdog is crazy but you can memorize the tells and the moveset and there are strategies for chipping away at his health without ever getting hit. There is a video guide on that too.

It has been a great ride but I'm finally calling this game finished. I played through all the content including DLC twice (NG and NG+), and finished every main chalice dungeon. Ended at level 190.

One of my favorite gaming experiences ever. Now onward to The Witcher 3 at long last.

after playing the game for a few weeks i'd say there are only a thing things I dont like

the Camera, especially during lock on can act horrible.
Difficulty spikes, particularly the DLC
Spiders

Need some help: is it worth fighting Djura right away. I tried a few times, even tried to get him to fall off the ledge but I failed. I can bypass him well enough so he's not too bothersome afterwards. Most online guides suggest he's tough.

Ogawa-san

He is tough, I don't think you're supposed to fight him fair by the first time you get to old Yharnam. Either push him out or come back later, to either
befriend or kill him at a higher level

Deku Tree

Need some help: is it worth fighting Djura right away. I tried a few times, even tried to get him to fall off the ledge but I failed. I can bypass him well enough so he's not too bothersome afterwards. Most online guides suggest he's tough.

If you want his armor then you have to kill him. But if you want the gesture then you can't kill him right away. Basically you can befriend him and get the gesture and then kill him later; that's how you get everything in one play through. If you don't excessively grind at the beginning of the game, then you are very under leveled to kill him in a fair fight. But you can trick him into doing a backstep off of the platform if you attack him aggressively.

Matt Frost

If you want his armor then you have to kill him. But if you want the gesture then you can't kill him right away. Basically you can befriend him and get the gesture and then kill him later; that's how you get everything in one play through. If you don't excessively grind at the beginning of the game, then you are very under leveled to kill him in a fair fight. But you can trick him into doing a backstep off of the platform if you attack him aggressively.

Everything Deku said + if you decide to kill him: shooting him 4 times with a pistol when you get on the roof makes him fall

Didnt getting his emblem unlocks his armor?

Deku Tree

Didnt getting his emblem unlocks his armor?

I just did a full play through and no the emblem didn't unlock his armor (the ashen hunter set) for me. I was specifically looking for his armor since I was doing a beast claw build and it has high beast hood. The Wiki also says that you have to kill him to get his armor. The wiki says that his armor drops when you kill him, but he accidentally fell off when I was fighting him (I wasn't trying to knock him off) and then it unlocked at the insight messenger and I had to buy it.

Thanks guys; decided to avoid him for now. And then stumbled onto a boss fight; Blood Starved Beast. Lost 6k blood echoes. I summoned some warrior outside of the chapel; I think the one you talk to at Carhedral ward. Managed to get the boss down to 25% life, but his poison really depleted my HP. So I died. Time to grind for vials and bullets. :(

Any tips on beating this boss?

Edit: I went back a few times to collect the echoes but my hunters mark wouldn't activate. And where can I find more fire paper?

Deku Tree

Thanks guys; decided to avoid him for now. And then stumbled onto a boss fight; Blood Starved Beast. Lost 6k blood echoes. I summoned some warrior outside of the chapel; I think the one you talk to at Carhedral ward. Managed to get the boss down to 25% life, but his poison really depleted my HP. So I died. Time to grind for vials and bullets. :(

Any tips on bearing this boss?

If you haven't died a second time already, then you can run back into the boss area and grab your echoes and then quickly quit out of the game and reload. You will load back right outside of the boss fog gate. Bosses and Major enemies never pick up your echoes.

Any tips on bearing this boss?

Use Antidotes, staying too close on his last phase puts you in poison status, the NPC is tanky but needs room to heal himself so poke the boss always on his sides, never behind or in front of him and his hits cause poison status too.

His weaknes is his frontal charge attatck, you have a window to attack after that move then provoque him to do it again

If you haven't died a second time already, then you can run back into the boss area and grab your echoes and then quickly quit out of the game and reload. You will load back right outside of the boss fog gate. Bosses and Major enemies never pick up your echoes.

Do I quit from the Bloodborne menu or the console menu?

Also I need to reiterate how much I love this game.

Does father gascoigne armor help with poison?

Deku Tree

Do I quit from the Bloodborne menu or the console menu?

Also I need to reiterate how much I love this game.

Does father gascoigne armor help with poison?

Always quit from the Bloodborne menu. Never just close the application from the PS4 menu.

That is an old Souls trick that works in every game.

Always quit from the Bloodborne menu. Never just close the application from the PS4 menu.

That is an old Souls trick that works in every game.

Ok gonna go try this now and get my echoes back.

Oh crap do I select continue or load? Nvm; figured it out. Thanks for the tip. :)

rulerk1

Pretty much breezed through Amygdala's boss fight. Is he supposed to be easy? How does beating it effect the world around me? I pretty much only need to beat Gherman and the Moon Presence, and the chalice dungeons now

also is the snake man summoning viper pits an insight based skill? It spooked me the first time he did it and killed the framerate of the Viper Pits. It was pretty funny to see.

ngower

The game is on sale right meow, could be had for $16. I've never played a Souls game. Just how challenging is it? To be clear: I'm not looking for the overt challenge, but I do like something like Bayonetta or Monster Hunter that is rewarding with a little effort. That said I never have time to play those games due to their demand that you git gud. Tempted to pick up Bloodborne, but I can't tell if it's just going to frustrate me. Anyone here who was a n00b to the series have any insight as to how much fun these games are if you don't have the time to devote to mastering the controls et al?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Monster Hunter has a higher learning curve and is arguably far more difficult (the later, g-rank hunts anyway) than Bloodborne. You'll be fine.

-Horizon-

The game is on sale right meow, could be had for $16. I've never played a Souls game. Just how challenging is it? To be clear: I'm not looking for the overt challenge, but I do like something like Bayonetta or Monster Hunter that is rewarding with a little effort. That said I never have time to play those games due to their demand that you git gud. Tempted to pick up Bloodborne, but I can't tell if it's just going to frustrate me. Anyone here who was a n00b to the series have any insight as to how much fun these games are if you don't have the time to devote to mastering the controls et al?

Bloodborne was my first From game.

Not gonna mince words here, there are definitely hard and challenging bosses that make you want to bang your head on a desk and may require you multiple attempts to beat. There may definitely be moments where you get jumped and taken down by random mob enemies and then be forced all the way back to a certain point on the map. You might run low on in game currency or completely lose them and not be able to buy the items you want.

At the same time, if you have the patience to understand how enemies and bosses attack, pay attention to environmental cues and fully explore to make your traversal through areas easier, I'm sure that you will learn to like the game. The game as I see it is all about repetition, memorization, and learning from your mistakes (don't take the word repetition as a bad thing). Finally beating an area and a boss feels really rewarding.

Also remember that you can co-op in the game and that everyone here in the community thread can give you advice if needed.

rulerk1

Im a total Souls noob and I'm having a lot of fun. You will die a lot but you will get better the more you play it. You can also summon up to two players to help if you are having issues with bosses. Getting good for me meant reading enemies movements and patterns and know your limit of my abilities. Plus the game is a RPG so you leveling up yourself or your weapons can also really help

The God

Yeah I've come to the conclusion that the Blood starved Beast fight is straight bullshit. His first two forms are fair but after that he comes out with that poisom-aura bullshit.

SDR-UK

Yeah I've come to the conclusion that the Blood starved Beast fight is straight bullshit. His first two forms are fair but after that he comes out with that poisom-aura bullshit.

Gotta use those Pungent Blood Cocktails and the Fire Paper for an easy win, yo.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So how would you feel if there was another Bloodborne game that was developed by a different studio?

I don't know? I'd be mixed, but honestly what I mostly want is different levels and more trick weapons. I could survive the quality hit so long as i got that. I would take a Dark Souls II style of 'mixed' for Bloodborne 2 any day of the week.

The God

So it looks like everything I need to beat Blood Starved Beast, is locked behind beating Blood Starved Beast. lmao. I wanna cry.

-Horizon-

Kirkhammer
Hmm. I'd keep it untransformed just to keep your mobility up.

One thing I did was bait it around a pillar, run behind it after it does an attack sequence, hit 1-2 times, then run away. Or try to bait it's lunge attack into a wall, dodge and then land a few hits before running away. Kept the lock on off at that point because it moves so fast in that later phase that lock on breaks most of the time anyway.

Do you have any oil urns and molotovs? Those should be effective too if you use them in that order.

Make sure you're using a more poison resistant outfit as well.

BSB is an optional boss I think so you don't HAVE to fight it yet if you want. You can go level up at a different area first.

The God

Hmm. I'd keep it untransformed just to keep your mobility up.

One thing I did was bait it around a pillar, run behind it after it does an attack sequence, hit 1-2 times, then run away. Or try to bait it's lunge attack into a wall, dodge and then land a few hits before running away. Kept the lock on off at that point because it moves so fast in that later phase that lock on breaks most of the time anyway.

Do you have any oil urns and molotovs? Those should be effective too if you use them in that order.

Make sure you're using a more poison resistant outfit as well.

BSB is an optional boss I think so you don't HAVE to fight it yet if you want. You can go level up at a different area first.

by untransformed you mean the sword version right? cuz I've been using that

gwailo

Banned
You can buy fire paper and blood cocktails from the store in the Hunter's Dream. The blood cocktails work really well to distract it.

-Horizon-

by untransformed you mean the sword version right? cuz I've been using that
Yeah just regular sword. Better than swinging that giant block around wasting stamina and time with each swing lol
I know you said you don't want to risk parrying in its later phases but maybe try it out if you have the blunderbuss with its wide spread shot as you back away from its combos.

Top Bottom