• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne (PS4) Playstation Blog Update - New Details, New Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephiZack

Yes

and really? this sells you a ps4?

This would be a huge system seller to me.

I wouldn't have bought a PS4 because there still aren't games that interest me, but I received it as a christmas present.

If I hadn't a PS4 because no one gave me one, I would buy a PS4 for Bloodborne (actually I would buy it first with Destiny because of white PS4, but I would buy it to play Bloodborne)

14206641977_190463c992_o.jpg

09a3e3c6040ad3cdbef74f06280883a4a0b8a0a4a27d0f536ad57d2490748420.jpg

Jonboy

It just keeps getting better. Almost everything is exactly what I want to hear.

This and Zelda are my most anticipated.

Orayn

Looks great but I'm somewhat concerned about the "faster more action based" gameplay thing. One of my favorite things about the Souls series is how you can approach a fight any way you want. You can choose to go in guns blazing, but you can also hang back and try to get enemies one at a time and take them out slowly and methodically. If this turns into Devil May Cry with 30 enemies attacking you at once while you use your sword to juggle them in the air I'll actually cry.

It's Miyazaki so I doubt it's going to go straight up action, but I'm still gonna at least keep it in mind until I see actual gameplay.

I'm guessing it'll still inherit most of its fundamentals from Souls, i.e. still be very deadly for both the player and enemies but with a greater emphasis on dodging and crowd control.

Haunted

This looks bonkers. Bloodborne will make me get a PS4. Early 2015... Not too far off either.

I love everything about this game: that they're keeping the essence of the Souls games alive, but moreso that it feels fresh and new enough, like a different beast altogether. The new setting, horror style, and different approach to combat are all music to my ears. I love the artstyle/aesthetic as well
I see what you did there.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
It sounds like they want it to play like when you don't use a shield in the Souls games - keep moving, dodge, parry, use ranged magic/crossbow in one hand to stun, etc. A lot of people enjoy playing this was anyway so it should be received well.

Don

Looks and sounds fantastic. Hope we don't have to wait too long to see some good quality gameplay footage.

Zeliard

I'm guessing it'll still inherit most of its fundamentals from Souls, i.e. still be very deadly for both the player and enemies but with a greater emphasis on dodging and crowd control.

Pretty much exactly what I'm expecting as well.

Anyone thinking this will be some character action brawler type should rest easy. They specifically said they're taking their cues from Demon's Souls, with some tweaks to the formula such that players aren't quite so reliant on turtling. It's more aggressive, but that hardly means it's suddenly dumber.

A city famed for it's medicinal advances gets inflicted with a vile, festering disease...?

Well, that confirms it. The setting is as good as Boletaria and Lordran.

Brohan

I have to say that i hope we can use shield, i always played a Paladin style character in the Souls games and love the shield + sword style gameplay.

If there aren't any shields then i can manage without but i would definitely miss playing that way.

Rey

We all saw the leaked gameplay teaser... Despite the shotgun, I still want the gameplay to be 'slow' like the Soul Series, that's what made it unique. Don't know if a faster pace will ruin it. Keeping an open mind here though.

Exactly. Getting a bit nervous about the "Souls meets Devil May Cry" comments.. Ughh

Manu

In Bloodborne, the combat is based on intense life-threatening battles. One of the ways we are bringing that sense of danger to life is by keeping the deep strategic elements from Demon’s Souls, while also transitioning from the passive and block-and-attack style of Demon’s Souls to a quicker, more offensive and active combat style with close-range weapons and guns.

hBBROXA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom