• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (new?) scans

jarrod

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
yeah I see you are more into the younger children...fine

as i said game looks pretty good

peace
Nostalgia's a killer. It's probably the reason I still play with toys like my Xbox 360.

This game is gonna kick the ever loving shit outta Lost Odyssey, White Knight Story, Eternal Sonata and virtually all the other nextgen RPGs so far though. Should hold us over nicely till the king (Dragon Quest) returns. :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I wish they were doing a world wide release for Blue Dragon. Everytime I see it, the wait gets more and more painful.
Don't worry, I'll make a lot of videos to help you pass the time :D

BBunny said:
3022-1.jpg

I´m gonna get a 360 for this game, totally sold! :D

PD: Thanks M$ for fund such genius :)
This is exactly what I thought when I saw the original map shot. I'm sold on this game.

Ponn

Banned
Awesome. This game has really shot up on my list. Wish they would give us some kind of date for the US.

antiloop

Better looking than Lost Odyssey IMO and the most important thing it seems to play better.

But still Trusty Bell wins in art, I am not too fond with the character design in BD.

40701320061004_214458_3_big.jpg

"Freeze, bitch!. I'll be taking your wallet, and whatever jewelry you have on you. You don't want me to ask you twice.

40701320061004_214458_4_big.jpg

"Yeah that's right, all of it. Mmmmm....Maybe theres something else you want to give big daddy. Yeah I can tell. Allow me to direct you to those bushes."

If your gonna run a joke into the gorund do it properly. :D

ethelred

I'm honestly not sure which I prefer the look of more -- this or Lost Odyssey. If you had asked me a few weeks ago, or during TGS, I would've said Lost Odyssey. But I don't know, really.

Both of these games look absolutely incredible, though, and I can't wait to play them. Gooch's triumphant return to game-making should be quite interesting.

pestul

The trailer with that rape time moment is even better than the image.. dude gives an 'umph' at that point. :lol

TheTrin said:
It looks to me like the camera blurs out things in the fore and background as a focused camera ordinarily would.

I'm looking more at the soldier he's talking to and the woman to the left. Both have muted colors and look a little grainy while he looks like he came off the cover of a cereal box. Not trying to troll or anything since I do see a lot of people excited for the title, but I wanted to point that out.

DeathCabCute said:
I'm looking more at the soldier he's talking to and the woman to the left. Both have muted colors and look a little grainy while he looks like he came off the cover of a cereal box. Not trying to troll or anything since I do see a lot of people excited for the title, but I wanted to point that out.

I thought that was just the scan at work. I didn't really see any quantitative difference betwixt any of them

jarrod said:
Nostalgia's a killer. It's probably the reason I still play with toys like my Xbox 360.

This game is gonna kick the ever loving shit outta Lost Odyssey, White Knight Story, Eternal Sonata and virtually all the other nextgen RPGs so far though. Should hold us over nicely till the king (Dragon Quest) returns. :)

haha, yeah...with a baloon that big its liable to get burst.....another best game ever

peace

bluemax

Banned
kallisto76 said:
Found on Jeux-france.com:
40701320061004_214457_1_big.jpg

All the haters of FFX and FFXII are gonna love this game, SD overworld, old school battle system, probably more.

Nice graphics, but so far the gameplay is two steps backwards.

KTallguy

Banned
I say, at least you can see enemies on the battlefield before you go into combat!

That's a big plus. If the loading times are non existant, then this game could be good. All depends on the battle flow.

ethelred

bluemax said:
All the haters of FFX and FFXII are gonna love this game, SD overworld, old school battle system, probably more.

Nice graphics, but so far the gameplay is two steps backwards.

Not even remotely -- for one thing, FFX had a more rigidly turn-based battle system than even most other games in the series.

I don't know... we know so little about the gameplay here that it seems like you're saying it'll be two steps backward just because it's turn-based rather than real-time (ala FFXII, not FFX). Which would just be completely wrong -- real-time isn't inherently superior to turn-based.

J-Rzez

kallisto76 said:
Found on Jeux-france.com:

40701320061004_214458_3_big.jpg

40701320061004_214458_4_big.jpg

Wow, if this isn't leading up to the ever present anime Tentacle rape scene, what does?

Game itself looks nice... the colors are great... and I'm a fan of the Dragon Ball style art...

StRaNgE

Banned
i have not really followed this so fill me in...

from the shots alone this looks like it might be a great purchase for my 9 year old son?

is this a kids game?

seriously, what is this about?

Pellham

Banned
Wow this game looks like a Dragon Quest game + it has a 4 character party. Looks like Sakaguchi really does know RPGs better than Kitase.

I would totally get a 360 for this game (provided it's all its hyped up to be)

Tabris

I'm more psyched for Lost Odyssey but the graphics/vibe/style in this game is very cool.

I just know it's going to be too much of a "fun adventure"/light-hearted story for me. If we get impressions that it's actually serious at times and goes into some depth with it's characters, then I'm so hitting it with full force! Otherwise, Lost Odyssey for me :)

Grecco

GhaleonEB said:
can someone explain the origin of Pedo Bear?

:lol I kinda thought the same thing

Anyways add me to the cant wait till this gets to the US list... this is maybe one of the biggest reasons i got a 360 in the first place

Wunderchu

StRaNgE said:
i have not really followed this so fill me in...

from the shots alone this looks like it might be a great purchase for my 9 year old son?

is this a kids game?

seriously, what is this about?
it's a turn based Japanese RPG. For a 9 year old, I don't know if it may be too complex and strategic for him.. but if he can play any of the Final Fantasy sequels (or other similar turn based RPGs), then he should be able to play Blue Dragon, I think :)

here is a bit of background on the game: http://www.talkxbox.com/preview770.html

(Blue Dragon is slated to come out in 2007 outside of Japan, though)

Aaron

Tabris said:
I'm more psyched for Lost Odyssey but the graphics/vibe/style in this game is very cool.

I just know it's going to be too much of a "fun adventure"/light-hearted story for me. If we get impressions that it's actually serious at times and goes into some depth with it's characters, then I'm so hitting it with full force! Otherwise, Lost Odyssey for me :)
You didn't watch the trailers, did you?

RumFore

Banned
They could have done a better job on the faceplate and especially that box art. That cover looks so lonely and so much darkness to them.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Am I the only one that thinks that this totally Americanized/sterilized/westernized and kinda turned off by it?

Or am I letting my preconceptions about it being on the 360 effect my senses? I seriously can't tell. The characters to me look like what happens when American artists try to reproduce anime. Weird shine, weird 3D fx, etc. The map looks cool...but yuck on the rest. Not the graphix, the art. I'm not down with that quite yet. And yeah I know some old FF guy is on the team.

Somebody tell me I'm wrong plz.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
davepoobond said:
maf what have they done to you

Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but did anybody notice that Representative that just got caught trying to do naughty things will junior interns (pages), his name was something Foley...that his screen name was MAF?

Thought that was weird.

Yeah, PantherLotus, you're pretty wrong. Not liking the art style is fine (I don't) but everything after that is likely related to your views of the 360.

beat

PantherLotus said:
Or am I letting my preconceptions about it being on the 360 effect my senses? I seriously can't tell. The characters to me look like what happens when American artists try to reproduce anime. Weird shine, weird 3D fx, etc.
To me it looks exactly like how I'd expect Toriyama designs to look in (non cel-shaded) 3D.

But then again, I don't really like Toriyama's character design sense.

Top Bottom