• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (new?) scans

Fady K

Tabris said:
I'm more psyched for Lost Odyssey but the graphics/vibe/style in this game is very cool.

I just know it's going to be too much of a "fun adventure"/light-hearted story for me. If we get impressions that it's actually serious at times and goes into some depth with it's characters, then I'm so hitting it with full force! Otherwise, Lost Odyssey for me :)

QFT

Blue Dragon certainly looks nice, but at this point I want Lost Odyssey more cause Blue Dragon seems a little too light hearted.

What dyall think of the box art?? Kind of monotonous?

Aaron

Fady K said:
QFT

Blue Dragon certainly looks nice, but at this point I want Lost Odyssey more cause Blue Dragon seems a little too light hearted.
Uhh, it's not even true. Again, watch the trailers. Some pretty dark moments there.

Fady K

Aaron said:
Uhh, it's not even true. Again, watch the trailers. Some pretty dark moments there.

Yeah, there were some dark moments. Though it didnt hit me like it did with Lost Odyssey. Not that light-heartedness is a bad thing, I love Dragon Quest VIII and it was mostly like that.

Im still very curious though because it is Sakaguchi's game

duckroll

http://www.dengekionline.com/data/news/2006/10/6/81871ab95ba6ee2becd4df21185c1364.html

The Limited Edition of the Xbox360 Core Blue Dragon Pack includes a Faceplate and a set of 5 mini-figures. The preorder bonus includes a Blue Dragon Calender. The design of the face plate and cover art have been revealed today:

bd01.jpg

14433_n20061006_01_xbox360bd.jpg

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
kallisto76 said:
Found on Jeux-france.com:

40701320061004_214457_0_big.jpg

The last two are new to me, don't know if these are old.

I think the one in the city looks really good; the one with the airship reminds me alot about FFVII!
Is this the first media showing the party UI? It's certainly first I've seen, though I admit RPGs are often off my radar. Everything else I've seen has seemed to be non-interactive cutscenes of both the in-engine and CG quality sort.

anachronous_one said:
Is this the first media showing the party UI? It's certainly first I've seen, though I admit RPGs are often off my radar. Everything else I've seen has seemed to be non-interactive cutscenes of both the in-engine and CG quality sort.

The TGS video demo had all that, except this nice looking town shot. The party UI, battle UI, engagement mechanics, were all in the live TGS demo.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
BenjaminBirdie said:
The TGS video demo had all that, except this nice looking town shot. The party UI, battle UI, engagement mechanics, were all in the live TGS demo.
Ah, I missed that. The video posted above looks pretty nice, too!

I'm not quite as interested in Blue Dragon as I am in Eternal Sonata (Trusty Bell) right now, but both are certainly grabbing my attention!

KTallguy said:
I say, at least you can see enemies on the battlefield before you go into combat!

That's a big plus. If the loading times are non existant, then this game could be good. All depends on the battle flow.

That is by no means revolutionary, lots of RPGs don't do random battles..Grandia hasn't been doing it since the first game, at least since Star Ocean: TtEoT there haven't been random battles, Kings Field has no such thing, Valhalla Knights doesn't do it, random battles are outdated and need to be killed off in entirety.

This looks to be an okay RPG to me, but I'm definitely more hyped for White Knight Story and Lost Odyssey than this.

jvalioli said:
Oh! Looks like the full site opens on the 7th.

Where can I find that long gameplay video from TGS?

open this url from WMPlayer:

mms://vodstream.ncsoft.co.kr/ncsoftext/this/TGS%202006/bluedragon.wmv

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
StephaneC said:

pretty sure those are new.

Look really good also. Really hope this game is out in the US pretty quickly. I dont want to wait 12 months beyond the Japanese release, but I think we might have to.

jvalioli

Wow. The music on the "About Blue Dragon" section is pretty good.

kallisto76 said:
open this url from WMPlayer:

mms://vodstream.ncsoft.co.kr/ncsoftext/this/TGS%202006/bluedragon.wmv
Thanks, bud.

Mato

Agent Icebeezy said:
This would have been perfect

bdxi5me9.jpg

That's ok but I like the official one better. That dragon, he looks very expandable for merchandising, and the Illustration on the cover is quite striking with it's high contrast and faint green lighting, althought a bit too glossy.

duckroll

StoOgE said:
really? Hes directing it.

He is? I didn't know he directs games... :p

He's just the character designer.

Edit: Stealth edit! I ripped all five 720p screens from the official site. :D

C4Lukins

Mato said:
That's ok but I like the official one better. That dragon, he looks very expandable for merchandising, and the Illustration on the cover is quite striking with it's high contrast and faint green lighting, althought a bit too glossy.

I think they both look great.

Any gameplay videos of this from TGS?

I don't know, I'm just not feeling the look. I'm not a Toriyama fan, but I liked Dragon Quest's VIII's designs for the most part, but I honestly don't think much of the main character designs.

duckroll

http://www.sonymusicshop.jp/detail.asp?goods=SVWC-7426

"Watashi no Namida to Sora" (My tears and sky)

The first Blue Dragon single will be released in Japan on 22nd Nov at 1155yen. The single contains three insert songs used in the game, with the title track being sung by Ayako Kawasumi, who also voices the game's heroine Kluke. The other two insert songs are Happy Birthday and Bad But Bat.

http://www.sonymusicshop.jp/detail.asp?goods=SVWC-7427

"Eternity"

The second Blue Dragon single will be released on the same day at the same price. This time is it a hard-rock song sung by Ian Gillan of Deep Purple fame. This song is very likely the boss theme for the game first heard in the TGS demo. The single also includes two other remixes of the track.

All songs are composed by Uematsu with lyrics by Sakaguchi. First press for the singles also include Blue Dragon stickers.

My brtoher hates Toriyama art. I showed him the blue dragon gameplay footage and he just complained about Toriyama the whole way through. He is so closed minded.

Top Bottom