• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (new?) scans

lix2k3

This game looks crazy. Hopefully, they won't take a full year to translate it into English, as I suspect MS will do. We probably won't be seeing LO until 2008.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Baryn said:
I think they're excited because we've only seen battles and cutscenes previously. The first town shot was very nice, but this looks worse than DQ8.

[edit] Actually, it's about as good as DQ8.

It's like you're an idiot savant, but you're not good at anything. You're just a plain idiot.

Baryn

Banned
Merovingian said:
How can i reason with you? You said it looks worse than DQ8...how can anyone reason with that, is past the point.
I'm just giving my honest impression. The other screenshots I'm very impressed by. I could fathomably compare the shot in question to this one though -

dragonquestviiijourneyofthecursedking2005111600124449xd7.jpg

Baryn said:
I'm just giving my honest impression. The other screenshots I'm very impressed by. I could fathomably compare the shot in question to this one though -

Well you are ****ing blind. Just giving my honest impression.

Baryn

Banned
Merovingian said:
Well you are ****ing blind. Just giving my honest impression.
I really don't understand what you're saying. I'm just getting insulted. I'm willing to read what you're saying, but I mean, point something out.

Fine.

bluedragon08mn1.jpg

Extremely smooth polygons, little or no jaggies seen at all.

Every single edge is at least slightly jagged.

And this is saying nothing about the lighting.

Seriously, I don't even care much about graphics, and I can say this statement is utterly ridiculous.

Baryn said:
I really don't understand what you're saying. I'm just getting insulted. I'm willing to read what you're saying, but I mean, point something out.

Something? Everything!!!!! Lightning, textures, detail, effects....everything....thats why its so hard to even discuss this.

Baryn

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Fine.

bluedragon08mn1.jpg

Extremely smooth polygons, little or no jaggies seen at all.

Every single edge is at least slightly jagged.
Well that's not the Blue Dragon shot we're talking about, I said the other ones look great.

If you're referring to that scene in the banquet hall, it still applies. Little to no jaggies. As opposed to the DQ8 screenshot you pulled up.

K_S

Banned
comparing it to a ps2 game is retarded :lol

blue dragon looks either great or horrible depending on what you think about toriyamas art

from a technical standpoint it's pretty meh

i cant say im a huge fan of toriyama but the awesome music more than makes up for the looks imo

Baryn

Banned
Pureauthor said:
If you're referring to that scene in the banquet hall, it still applies. Little to no jaggies. As opposed to the DQ8 screenshot you pulled up.
It's a given it shouldn't have jaggies, but I am referring to overall detail. It's kind of a moot issue, the outdoor town shot has it in spades, with the trees being light reactive, the architecture in the background, etc. Just saying this is a very bad screenshot, it looks like a very good-looking PS2 game with some 360 touches. Don't misinterpret this as my saying the entire game looks that way, because I think it's one of the best-looking games seen on 360 in terms of both quality and style.

[edit] To clarify, I think the battle shot you posted looks way better than DQ8, but it also looks way better than the banquet hall. I blinked for a second, thinking you might have posted something from a CG cutscene, but the banquet hall didn't give me that impression at all.

Fady K

K_S said:
comparing it to a ps2 game is retarded :lol

blue dragon looks either great or horrible depending on what you think about toriyamas art

from a technical standpoint it's pretty meh

i cant say im a huge fan of toriyama but the awesome music more than makes up for the looks imo

Yeah. Dont do it :D And Dragon Quest VIII STILL looks beautiful.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Damn. I feel bad for some of you guys. Can't believe you have to deal with this stupid comparisions too. What's going on with this place?

Yoboman said:
ME0000730425_2.jpg

Why is everyone so amazed with this?

yeah, its not really that impressive....its just a hall, looks like a nice enough upgrade from dq8... but the game looks nice overall...I mean the graphics are covered, and the gameplay seems fun enough

peace

beat said:
To me it looks exactly like how I'd expect Toriyama designs to look in (non cel-shaded) 3D.
Exactly. They are two different 3D art styles which doesn't lend well to comparison.

This will be the first 'original' console RPG that I'll have picked up in quite a while.

pretty nice looking battles...the image with the pink monster...turdy...things reminds me of a scene from little buggys big adventure from one piece....although of course toriyama isnt oda

peace

Top Bottom