• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (new?) scans

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
duckroll and I will be picking it up day one, and playing through it together like we did with Persona 3. Should be fun. :)

ethelred

duckroll said:
Sakaguchi wrote the lyrics.

English rock song........ written by........ Japanese dude.

I mean, really, they should all just stick to the Queen songs.

Freddie Mercury & Co.: For all your English-rock-songs-in-Japanese-RPG needs.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
748_0001.jpg

748_0002.jpg

Both seem to be realtime.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Doom_Bringer said:
The water looks great! Is this running on Unreal Engine 3? Random Battles in or out?
It's a custom engine made by Artoon. As for the battles, it's a bit like Chrono Trigger.

Blimblim said:
It's a custom engine made by Artoon. As for the battles, it's a bit like Chrono Trigger.

wow that rocks. Great engine, great animation, the battle system looks good, likable characters...I think we are on to something great here :D

adelante

There's some pretty nice in-game use of depth-of-field blur right there...though I'm pretty sure someone's gonna say its too much. :D

Blimblim said:
I'm only talking about the "random" encounters. I don't really remember how the Chrono Trigger battle system was.

hmm? In Chrono Trigger you can see the enemies roaming around and battle can be avoided. Is this how Blue Dragon works?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Doom_Bringer said:
hmm? In Chrono Trigger you can see the enemies roaming around and battle can be avoided. Is this how Blue Dragon works?
Yes, it looks like that's how it works in BD too.

jett

D-Member
Blimblim said:
I'm only talking about the "random" encounters. I don't really remember how the Chrono Trigger battle system was.

I see someone hasn't played Chrono Trigger at all.

Haklong

Doom_Bringer said:

Yes. And if you hit them I think you get first strike a la Grandia but I could be wrong. But you do go to a different screen to fight unlike Chrono.

duckroll

Blimblim said:

But Blue Dragon works more like Xenosaga. In Chrono Trigger the battles take place in the same screen, and many times you can't see the enemies on the screen beforehand, they jump out from somewhere and the battle starts.

Speevy

Banned
Wow, this not only looks interesting from an artistic standpoint, but has some pretty technical touches as well.

Top Bottom