• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob and new character Master Raven announced for Tekken 7

Hopefully training in the mountains. Tekken without Kuma is like a tree without it's roots.

The only game he ever missed was Tekken Advance, and that had like 10 characters.

He is here. And judging by last night, having the time of his life.

stage_ring_of_destiny.jpg

Two Words

Tekken has always done it.

Jun Asuka

Baek Hwroang

Kazuya Jin

P Jack Jack ect

I think Harada is very serious about only having one character per style...althoug i think he might make an exception for Jun perhaps?

Bob was not always super fat. He actually gained all that weight just to prove that fat could add more power to strikes without slowing you down. In TTT2, there's even his original skinny self you could play as
Tekken often makes its clone characters very different over time. Hwoarang is very different from Baek now. Same for Asuka and Jun, King and Armor King, Bruce snd Bryan, Jin and Kazuya. So I'd hope that Master Raven eventually becomes very different from Raven in later Tekken games.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Tekken often makes its clone characters very different over time. Hwoarang is very different from Baek now. Same for Asuka and Jun, King and Armor King, Bruce snd Bryan, Jin and Kazuya. So I'd hope that Master Raven eventually becomes very different from Raven in later Tekken games.

But then there's also the case of Christie and Eddy, Kuma and Panda.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It's really odd, because Tekken 6 had nice, deforming snow in the Manji Valley stage. (edit: correction) The sadistic X-mas stage in Tag 2 had some too, though to a lesser extent. And now Tekken 7's arctic snowfall doesn't have any.

UE4 versus Namco's in house tech.

NXgamer actually did a decent overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFe_yM0u9Oc

UE4 is handling all the graphical rendering pipelines including stage physics. Namco are just using their usual in house bone and movement simulator for characters(aka fight data)

They don't bother if they are actively substituting the character for the other one, which Master Raven is for Raven

AAK

AAK makes some very informative OTs .

In hindsight my walls of text weren't really that effective in teaching people. YouTube videos are 100 times more efficient and consumable. But most of all like any fighting game the best thing is to find someone or better yet a group of similarly skilled people and learn /level up together.

I'm glad we got Raven in some form, and also that we're getting more black females in games, but now it's also looking like there aren't any black dudes in 7. Have Eddy or Bruce been confirmed?

Also, I wonder if they'll put in the palette swap thing like they did for Christie and Eddy in past games.

Also, fucking Bob. Hated playing against him so much in 6 and TTT2.

Creaking

I'm glad we got Raven in some form, and also that we're getting more black females in games, but now it's also looking like any black dudes in 7. Have Eddy or Bruce been confirmed?

No capos yet. Bruce got replaced by a Filipina girl who cries a lot is very emotional.

No capos yet. Bruce got replaced by a Filipina girl who cries a lot is very emotional.

Wonder if that means we'll be getting Christie over Eddy then.

PLEASE let us palette swap eventually, even if it comes as DLC. I don't want to lose Raven, Bruce, Armor King, AND Eddy.

Vex_

Banned
What a minute....! Looking at her hair, how the fuck did she do that?

Those dreads look way too thick to braid into cornrows, but she somehow got it to dread at the end? You have to get your cornrows redone every two weeks or less. This would mean she would have to undo her dreads at the end of her hair everytime she needed to get her hair done? It doesnt work like that.

The fuck?

Harada Explain!

Those dreads look way too thick to braid into cornrows, but she somehow got it to dread at the end? You have to get your cornrows redone every two weeks or less. This would mean she would have to undo her dreads at the end of her hair everytime she needed to get her hair done? It doesnt work like that.

The fuck?

Harada Explain!

I thought you can leave cornrows in for at least six weeks.

Creaking

The fuck?

Harada Explain!

large.jpg

Tekken hair.

Is Tekken as complicated as people say?

Just don't go in expecting to dive into high-level stuff without learning the basics.

I'd say the biggest hurdle when starting out is coming to terms with the large move lists. Fortunately, execution barriers for most of the characters aren't high, and there's a logical sense as to why certain moves use certain commands. The four face buttons of a controller or an arcade pad represent the four limbs of the fighter, for starters.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

No. Its probably one of the easier fighting games to play. Of course i am not objective having played since i was 6, but it just feels much easier to play than other fighting games, because you don't need to memorize specific button combinations and super long combos to be good at it.

Truth be told even though I've played almost every Tekken with friends since 3(during 4 we were mostly Smashing) I never delved much into movement. My biggest FG shame next to not mastering full movement in Melee.

Idk about Melee but I feel movement is such a constant learning process that I'm kinda on the fence about teaching advanced movement. Its mad important but I don't want the expectation of crisp ass Backdash canceling to be in folks head while I teach the other intricacies of the game.

Whatever you are sending her, could you also send my way please? Want to up my game in Tekken.
Probably gonna stream it and I'll upload it to my YouTube. We need more Tekken content providers that isn't just combo videos and casual fluff. Rip and Aris do a good job but I'm trying to get to those who really can't compartmentalize the game properly to learn it.

Hopefully a 'Tekken for dummies' thread shows up when 7 drops.

I've never played Tekken before but want to jump in with this one.

Pretty much what I'm going to try to do

AAK makes some very informative OTs and our Tekken guys are very welcoming to newcomers. We need more players anyway :p

In hindsight my walls of text weren't really that effective in teaching people. YouTube videos are 100 times more efficient and consumable. But most of all like any fighting game the best thing is to find someone or better yet a group of similarly skilled people and learn /level up together.

If I can somehow get those Wall's of Text in to nice chunks I will.

It can be if you don't go in with the right mindset. Its a loaded game for sure but with anything loaded if you break it down the concepts aren't that hard to follow.

Vex_

Banned
I thought you can leave cornrows in for at least six weeks.

You can leave them in for as long as you like but:

1. your head will be nasty/dirty
2. It will be itchy
3. It will get messy, even if you wear a cap or du rag

When you see people with messed up looking cornrows, that is because they didnt get them redone in awhile (3+ or more weeks). Not supposed to do that.

Anyways, SHE HAS DREADS! At the END of her cornrows. Dreads are irreversible without hair damage. She is a video game character but this looks like someone didnt even try to make sense of these hairstyles and just combined them together (dreads and cornrows). She would have to undo her dreads everytime she needed them rows redone. It also takes dreads months to lock depending on hair type.

Now, it is possible to braid dreads into cornrows, but they will be FAT. They wont look like hers. The rest of her hair isnt in dreads. I cant stress enough how much this doesnt make sense.

Here, some examples:

Did you see how they all come together to form one BIG braid? Even when they didnt, it looks like a "spider web" of hair merging into one. Each dreadlock has its own "part". You would still see it even after braiding like Master Raven's. THEREFORE, HER HAIR IS WRONG AND JUST PLAIN OL' INACCURATE!!!!

HOLY SHIT THIS IS BOTHERING ME.

ZeroX03

Banned
If those dreads are bothering you, watch out for the characters that can turn into Devils because that's even less realistic. Also don't look at Hwoarang's gravity defying cape, whatever you do.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

2. It will be itchy

When you see people with messed up looking cornrows, that is because they didnt get them redone in awhile (3+ or more weeks). Not supposed to do that.

Anyways, SHE HAS DREADS! At the END of her cornrows. Dreads are irreversible without hair damage. She is a video game character but this looks like someone didnt even try to make sense of these hairstyles and just combined them together (dreads and cornrows). She would have to undo her dreads everytime she needed them rows redone. It also takes dreads months to lock depending on hair type.

Now, it is possible to braid dreads into cornrows, but they will be FAT. They wont look like hers. The rest of her hair isnt in dreads. I cant stress enough how much this doesnt make sense.

Here, some examples:

Did you see how they all come together to form one BIG braid? Even when they didnt, it looks like a "spider web" of hair merging into one. Each dreadlock has its own "part". You would still see it even after braiding like Master Raven's. THEREFORE, HER HAIR IS WRONG AND JUST PLAIN OL' INACCURATE!!!!

Try not to worry too much about it lol

Fuck is up with Lars hair? That's... I need answers.

yoshimitsu is like a squid now, how does she look out of place

I just explained it.

2. It will be itchy

Here, some examples:

I didn't know until you pointed it out and now it's bothering me too.

Ivan 3414

Thanks for the informative post, but...lol

Tekken has several characters with ridiculous hair. Look at any character with Mishima blood. It's really silly to be upset about this character's hair and be okay with all the other unrealistic aspects of her, which include...pretty much everything else about the character

Daft Punk

Banned

2. It will be itchy

Here, some examples:

Glad someone else noticed that. As someone who actually has dreads, this was slightly bothering me lol.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
A friend of mine loves playing as Raven, I feel this will disappoint him.

And yeah, Slim Bob is pretty funny. Aside from his side step isn't he overall a weaker character than regular Bob?

Only that they wish to implement it. Not sure if they can convince the two parties, though.
it sure disappointed me, raven was my main in TTT2

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Lars' hair is awesome. You leave him alone! >:c

He looks cool as fuck! Let's talk about paul. because fuck that!

Lars is my favorite dude if Leo identifies as female
His hair is ridiculous but fine! Can someone PLS explain Paul????

2. It will be itchy

Here, some examples:

This will never not bother me now.

Her dreads will be fake in my head-canon since there's no way she could have grown them naturally without cutting them up whenever she does her super anyway.

NEO0MJ

Idk about Melee but I feel movement is such a constant learning process that I'm kinda on the fence about teaching advanced movement. Its mad important but I don't want the expectation of crisp ass Backdash canceling to be in folks head while I teach the other intricacies of the game.

Are you guys still playing TT2? Might consider rebuying it if you are.

I didn't know until you pointed it out and now it's bothering me too.

Just think of them as clip-ons!

it sure disappointed me, raven was my main in TTT2

Yeah. I told him the news and he's disappointed. Dude has been playing Raven consistently since his debut in 5.

Lars is my favorite dude if Leo identifies as female
His hair is ridiculous but fine! Can someone PLS explain Paul????

Leo is whatever Leo feels like at the moment, because I swear that body changes depending on what Leo's wearing.

Buckets and buckets of gel.

We saw how he looks if he forgets to apply a bucket of gel in the morning in Tekken 4, not pretty at all.

Akainu

The fuck?

Harada Explain!

Oh Shut up can you just be glad to actually have the already rare black woman in a game and not have straight hair for once?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
After what they did with Yoshimitsu these past few games, she (Raven) looks like the most normal character in Tekken ever.

Top Bottom