• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombing. Wii U $245/$300 at Costco

still seems to expensive

image.php

iamvin22

Industry Verified
But reggie said they are flying off the shelves.
But in all seriousness I would only buy if they bring back f-zero and starfox

_woLf

People expecting the price for this to drop to $200 anytime within the next 5 years, at least for the deluxe version, are completely out of your mind. Stop being cheapasses and undervaluing technologies like that. What do you expect to pay for the 720/PS4, $250?

Ha.

mattp

I'll wait till another price drop... Bayonetta 2 should be out around then, right?

thats my plan heh

i REALLY wanna get wonderful 101 right away. both because it looks amazing and also to support platinum
but i cant really justify buying a console for that one game. by next year when bayonetta 2 comes out we could potentially have the new 3d mario and a handful of other stuff too

People expecting the price for this to drop to $200 anytime within the next 5 years, at least for the deluxe version, are completely out of your mind. Stop being cheapasses and undervaluing technologies like that. What do you expect to pay for the 720/PS4, $250?

Ha.

People said the 3DS wouldn't see a price drop for at least 2-3 years. Nintendo probably won't drop the price themselves because they can't afford it, but they are going to have a hard time getting retailers to stock a product that isn't selling.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
How bad is the 8GB version?

$250 is not terrible pricing, but I don't want something that's not actually good at it.

BlackJace

Ha.

There was a dude willing to spend over a thousand for dat true next gen feel.

Cmagus

As tempting as it is I honestly couldn't think of one game I would buy with it. Zombi-u looks alright but not a system seller for me.

That's not terrible pricing.

Isn't it the exact same console with less storage?

I'm tempted by this, but at the same time just like I'm doing with Vita there is really no reason to pick one up until (in Vita's case) there is a massive price drop or (in Wii U's case) the big games are out

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
All the Nintendo apologists on GAF have got to be exhausted and miserable by now.

I'm puzzled at this statement, who it is meant for, and what it is meant to contribute to this thread.

NMFried

250$ Deluxe
Advance Wars U
Mario Kart U
Ambassador Program for current owners

Then we can talk.

Then I'll head to Best Buy the week the price drops to get an Ambassador console for the cheaper price. I won't make my 3DS mistake again. ($250 day one with five games, ugh)

Magnus

If $99 is too expensive... heck if $299 is too expensive... you have bigger issues to worry about than gaming. And I say this as a person who hates Nintendo.

What in the world?

I can afford $100 for a chocolate bar. Doesn't mean I don't think it's a ridiculous price for one.

I'm not advocating $99 for the Wii U. That's nuts. But I can certainly afford the product at its current level and still think it's too much.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Isn't it the exact same console with less storage?

I would think so, but I'm wondering if what's in the $50 more version notably improves the system.

If it does, I can definitely wait longer, since there's not much I want to play.

If it doesn't, this might be enticing, but I have to ponder it a bit.

wsippel

Banned

$250 is not terrible pricing, but I don't want something that's not actually good at it.
Well, it's white...

If you don't want Nintendoland and are fine with a white system, the basic version is perfectly fine. You'll want a USB hard disk sooner or later, anyway.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Do you care about Nintendo Land? Will you make digital purchases? If the answer to both is no, then the Basic version is perfect. If you really want a charging dock for the Game Pad, you can buy one later.

think it lacks the cradle for the pad and a copy of nintendo land, as well

Well I assume the question had to do with console quality and not the extras.

I would think so, but I'm wondering if what's in the $50 more version notably improves the system.

If it does, I can definitely wait longer, since there's not much I want to play.

More storage, charge cradle, and nintendo land, plus nintend network premium for discount on digital purchases

Donos

bomba is dead. long live bombing !

My gf asked me yesterday if she should buy a Wii U since she found the gamepad and games interaction in the TV ads nice. I just stared her down.
Seems like the ads work some time. I think the upcoming games will give the Wii U a huge bump. They have some heavy hitters coming and X (although little is know) seems already like a winner.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

It doesn't really improve the system.

crinale

There was a dude willing to spend over a thousand for dat true next gen feel.

It's kinda close to what some people think when spending top-end iPads, me thinks.
(Of course they are different cloud from core gamer but I still see likeness between two).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It doesn't really improve the system.

The only real improvement, aside from the inclusion of Nintendo Land and charging docks, is the points back on digital purchases. If you're buying a Deluxe, you're not buying it for the extra 24gb of space, which will be used up very quickly. You're buying it for the points back on purchases.

Top Bottom