• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

Mistel

Banned
So much for gender equality. I wonder if I will ever get to play as Mr. Torgue.
Jacks body double is the next playable character along with baroness so it's still equal.
I am curious about one thing tho. Where are all the legendaries? I've done every side quest up to my lvl (21) and found nothing. are there some bosses I should be farming for neat skins or heads or mods or something?
There's a few side quests that give them for heads farm bosun or red belly. Most legendaries are found in vendors for the majority instead of the respective boss they drop from.

Jonm1010

Banned
So I loved borderlands 2 but have been hesitant to buy this game yet because 1.) it's last gen 2.) it just comes off as a glorified expansion pack and 3.) I really hated the idea of the oxygen system. Seems completely pointless and unnecessary.

Basically I'm asking people is the game worth the asking price? Are my fears about the oxygen system overblown?

Edit: also are there any characters like Axton? He was pretty much my only character last game.

SerTapTap

So I loved borderlands 2 but have been hesitant to buy this game yet because 1.) it's last gen 2.) it just comes off as a glorified expansion pack and 3.) I really hated the idea of the oxygen system. Seems completely pointless and unnecessary.

Basically I'm asking people is the game worth the asking price? Are my fears about the oxygen system overblown?

Edit: also are there any characters like Axton? He was pretty much my only character last game.

Oxygen almost only matters as a power source for double jumps. I've run out of oxygen a couple of times by level 16, and health drains so slow it's only a minor inconvenience. The improved movement options are way worth it. The nerfing of fire DOT...now THAT I have a problem with, but there are other elements.

Visually the game's pretty sweet, good variety of locations, game length is pretty decent. Love some of the new environments, took plenty of screenshots already and I'm not done yet.

It's far more than any reasonable expansion pack would have been in relation to the "base" game IMO (to compare say Morrowind with Bloodmoon, not that bloodmoon was bad). It doesn't look, technically, particularly better than BL2, I'll give you that. I play on PC though so it hasn't been a big deal.

Wouldn't recommend to play solo though.

Wilhelm is the "turret" dude, he's some some sort of weird auto-pilot bot things that shoot stuff. Dunno the specifics, I play Athena.

Mistel

Banned

Oxygen system is pretty easy to work with you suffocate really slowly and oz is plentiful in no atmosphere environments. It makes fire weaker understandably still works just as well in atmosphere though.

You will like Wilhelm he's the pet class this time around with two drones that support him wolf and saint. Saint regens 2.5% of your helth per second whilst it's active and is indestructible, wolf kills things and flies about the place.

J. Bravo

final boss spoilers i guess
zarpedon
went down in two clips with the e-gun....wtf. granted, wolf is OP when something is painted , but still. that was way too easy.

Yado

Just beat the raid boss on my first solo attempt.

ibh1sjxyygPpVM.gif

I feel like it was much more difficult with 4 people. They're probably going to beef him up in a future update.

-PXG-

Just beat the raid boss on my first solo attempt.

ibh1sjxyygPpVM.gif

I feel like it was much more difficult with 4 people. They're probably going to beef him up in a future update.

I did a solo attempt on TVHM and almost beat it. The first phase is much harder than the second.

Yado

I did a solo attempt on TVHM and almost beat it. The first phase is much harder than the second.

I use this on him.
bhBllkY.jpg

His shield melts away & I don't have any points in Wilhelm's skill for lasers. That 518% damage bonus is no joke. I only ran into trouble with his final form when he does that lock on ice beam on you, so I hid behind one of the stones. lol

I would much rather take him on than the 2nd phase. Not a fan of all the electricity.

J. Bravo

so just beat it. cool ending. what did the creepy alien thing say at the end?
he's coming back?
i missed it since i was getting talked to :( what is it talking about?

shiba5

so just beat it. cool ending. what did the creepy alien thing say at the end?
he's coming back?
i missed it since i was getting talked to :( what is it talking about?

He/she/it says that now is not the time to fight (with each other), war is coming. You're going to need all the vault hunters you can get.

petghost

Banned
He/she/it says that now is not the time to fight (with each other), war is coming. You're going to need all the vault hunters you can get.

What do guys think this entails as far as future games go

Also
lillith punching Jack outta nowhere and then leaving was super dumb

GamerSoul

I wish I knew, I have been replaying area's and Bosses as best as I can to get my BAR up with everything (Logs, Vault Symbols and such) before I full go through TVHM.

But I have 12/12 Heads and 35/88 Skins

Do u by chance remember where you may have got some of those heads?? :3

Yado

Also

Hopefully it means all vault hunters from past games that are still alive will be playable in BL3. My dream character is an older Gaige with improved DT skills.

-PXG-

KrlepXZ.jpg

p7EpER5.jpg

These two weapons made soloing the raid boss on TVHM trivial as hell. Shield and Health go down in a blink of an eye thanks to these and Nisha's broken ass specs.

Megasoum

Banned
So I know you supposed to keep the sidequests until the end when doing TVHM but I can't remember. Can you still pick them up as you go but wait until you are lvl 50 to turn them in or you have to wait to be 50 to even pick them up?

Mistel

Banned
So I know you supposed to keep the sidequests until the end when doing TVHM but I can't remember. Can you still pick them up as you go but wait until you are lvl 50 to turn them in or you have to wait to be 50 to even pick them up?
Wait to 50 to get them otherwise the rewards will not be level 50 but the level you started them.

GamerSoul

KrlepXZ.jpg

p7EpER5.jpg

These two weapons made soloing the raid boss on TVHM trivial as hell. Shield and Health go down in a blink of an eye thanks to these and Nisha's broken ass specs.

I have a lower leveled version of that pistol and when it's coupled with Athena's maelstrom stacks it has been giving me amazing results.

I wonder how soon we'll hear about dlc that will expand on the areas. An assault on dragon keep pt 2 or going to a few of Pandora's locations for Jack would be spectactular.

Also

Whatever the ending is hinting at, it's going to be something crazy. :D it got me so hyped.

hoggert

Really getting sick of lvl 14s joining my game with all three skill trees unlocked and full oranges.

Also getting pissed about all the super obvious bugs. Nisha can't unlock the final two fast travel points. Claptrap can't complete the pancake stingray challenges. And so on. Between those problems, bugged side quests, and the random death walls it's almost like 2K didn't test the game at all. Half joking, of course.

Finally last night I could play a little more of this.

Got to lvl 14, and someone joined my game last night. Some performance issues, but I expected a worse performance. In any case, this fellow was a good player and didn't steal the loot! and just made the game better.

I'm liking the game a lot. I just hope I can play it more this week

Jacqli

I am enjoying this game more than I thought I would do.
I liked Borderlands 1, I tried Borderlands 2 on 360 but did not click me, I bought it later for Vita and I play from time to time on the train and I find it entertaining. Even so, I decided to give this one a try and I think it is great! Athena and Janey are my favourites characters (yuri in my borderlands), the whole oxygen thing (although I understand that this aspect could hold some players back) is really fun and unlikely to run out of oxygen, and the backgrounds seem more dynamic with the explosions and such. I cannot speak much about the skill trees yet, but I like Athena's special attack and I think there are less passive skills? I am even playing solo and having a great time.

Dunno, I think this game will be overlooked due to being only on last-gen consoles and PC (even though there will be a re-release for current-consoles for sure) and, perhaps, being "another" borderlands game.

petghost

Banned
There seems to be a lot less easily accessible fun places to run through and mob in this game compared to 2. I used to have a blast running through bloodshot stronghold or lynchwood or Washburn refinery etc. And I think this game is lacking in tight, succinct maps packed with enemies.lotta open spaces or indoor maps with dead time between encounters. Like running through the darksiders though even if it is quite short.

There seems to be a lot less easily accessible fun places to run through and mob in this game compared to 2. I used to have a blast running through bloodshot stronghold or lynchwood or Washburn refinery etc. And I think this game is lacking in tight, succinct maps packed with enemies.lotta open spaces or indoor maps with dead time between encounters. Like running through the darksiders though even if it is quite short.

That's where the oxygen system really shines.

cHinzo

Just finished TVHM. Defeated the last boss at like lvl 46. He was challenging as fck and it didn't help that I was perma slowed due to the anoying cryo bug. Still managed to get back into the room before my buddy died to avoid the reset of the battle. It was really fun. I hope they make the future bosses like this one. No cheap one-shots and his attacks are dodgable if u got some timing.

Still salty how the Ol Rosie laser is lvl 48 though. Would have loved a lvl 50 version, but there was no spot to farm decently and I accidentily accepted to last story mission already. >.> Grinded to lvl 50 at the hidden boss and I guess it's time to farm for some legendaries and prepare ourselves for the raid boss. Need to see which items are interesting though and pray that it's easy obtainable.

petghost

Banned
Most aren't as they're tied to non farmable enemies.

Thank god the grinder is in cuz non respwanable enemies who drop unique or legendary stuff is ridic. I been using that grinder trick where you throw in 2 legendaries and then a purple of the desired type to get a legendary out of it. Using thingies farmed off iwajira.

ctfg23

I'm having the worst luck with legendaries. I'm lvl 42 and about to (near endgame spoilers)
fight zarpedon
on TVHM and I only have 2, and one of those is the
excalibastard
, which isn't even a random drop.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just picked this up today on PS3. I would have preferred to get it for 360 but my 360 died recently and so I'm unable to get the rewards for having an existing save. Bummer.

I just entered Concordia and so far the game definitely feels like a Borderlands 2 clone. Which is fine, except I hope some of the later areas have a brighter color palette, considering everything has been dark and gloomy so far. I'm playing as Athena, whose Aspis skill is pretty fun to use.

maouvin

considering everything has been dark and gloomy so far.

This didn't bother me on normal mode, but now on TVHM I'm getting a bit tired of all that blue.

And I'm currently farming vending machines to see if a Maggie or the 3DD1 shows up. Legendaries been showing up there quite regularly, and I never saw them on sale on BL2.
I could grind the maggie, but my spare legendaries are 6 levels under me now, so it'd be underleveled.

cHinzo

Most aren't as they're tied to non farmable enemies.

Welp that sucks. Hope there is a grinder recipe for those.

Just picked this up today on PS3. I would have preferred to get it for 360 but my 360 died recently and so I'm unable to get the rewards for having an existing save. Bummer.

I just entered Concordia and so far the game definitely feels like a Borderlands 2 clone. Which is fine, except I hope some of the later areas have a brighter color palette, considering everything has been dark and gloomy so far. I'm playing as Athena, whose Aspis skill is pretty fun to use.

The first half of the game is quite boring imo. It really picks up steam walf-way till the end.

shiba5

Welp that sucks. Hope there is a grinder recipe for those.

The first half of the game is quite boring imo. It really picks up steam walf-way till the end.

I thought the same thing. It's like two different games - the second half being more "traditional" BL2. My husband is not liking it so I am having to drag his character along so that we can get to
Helios
where I think he will start enjoying it.

J. Bravo

Quick question. Whose skin is Jack wearing on his face? (spoiler for who I think it is)
is it tassiters? That would be weird since after Jack kills him, I accepted a quest from him lol. And it didn't really look anything like his face.
So I'm confused

ObiDin

Who thought that it was a good idea to have so many death pits that you have to jump over in the crap moon buggy? I've liked the vehicles in the previous two games, but my god I have died soo many times already just because I didn't line the jump up perfectly on the way to Concordia. Fricken annoying.

Mistel

Banned
Quick question. Whose skin is Jack wearing on his face? (spoiler for who I think it is)
is it tassiters? That would be weird since after Jack kills him, I accepted a quest from him lol. And it didn't really look anything like his face.
So I'm confused
That's a mask not someones skin. You've not played 2 where that's mentioned?

Mistel

Banned
Ohhh. I've sort of played 2 but don't remember that. Maybe I'll go back and run through the stories in bl1 and 2. How does his left eye work then? Didn't he have that badass scar over it?
The mask gives him the hetero chromatic left iris back by making it look like his normal ish face. Underneath the mask is a different story though. When you do The Man Who Would Be Jack in 2 it explains some of it.

shiba5

Ohhh. I've sort of played 2 but don't remember that. Maybe I'll go back and run through the stories in bl1 and 2. How does his left eye work then? Didn't he have that badass scar over it?

I figured his missing eye was the same morphing tech that made his double look like him. Except now I don't know because TPS contradicts BL2. In BL2, when you kill his double, the double reverts back to a guy who looks nothing like Jack. In TPS, there are a series of Echos in Jack's office that tell how the double underwent surgery to look exactly like Jack.

Top Bottom