• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

rybrad

Just picked this up on sale and going to get started today. Is there a class that makes heavy use of elemental weapons? I am bummed there are no playable sirens in this game but I am hoping there is at least a class that is big on elemental weapons.

Mistel

Banned
Just picked this up on sale and going to get started today. Is there a class that makes heavy use of elemental weapons? I am bummed there are no playable sirens in this game but I am hoping there is at least a class that is big on elemental weapons.
A ceruanic storm speced Athena with shock weapons.

cHinzo

Man, the Raid boss was such a bummer. Had more trouble with the last boss in the campaign tbh. Hope they release the DLC quickly or hope they allow us to replay TVHM. Nothing to test my farmed equipment on with this level of end-game in the Pre-Sequel.

Experien

I was at the end the last time I left off and jumped back in to finish off the game. Well something was different this time...I wasn't getting hurt. I noticed it in the Putti section...as soon as I got hit, my shield would fully charge.

Needless to say, I beat the boss (despite not getting hurt, the EGUN was pretty amazing against him). Feel like I missed out on something that could've been challenging? As I was doing a few small side-quests I thought...why don't I do the Raid Boss?

Raid Boss couldn't kill me or hurt me. So I beat him by myself with level 29. I recorded video of all this (from my phone). It really killed the game for me and so I turned it off and not sure if I'll pick it up again.

Anyways...anyone else come across that glitch? As soon as I got hit, the shield beep went off and it super charged my shield. I was playing as a Terminator Wilhelm.

J. Bravo

the raid boss isn't that hard, i beat him solo with 30 or 31 wilhelm i believe. it took a little bit of skill, i couldn't just stand there, but i didn't get knocked down once...so don't let that kill the game for you.

Mistel

Banned
I just did it with a blue rarity torgue shotgun not really that difficult a raid boss. Which is kinda nice considering they're a bit iffy in bl2.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
That's actually a nice change of pace. The raid bosses in BL2 were kinda annoying and since I always played solo I never bothered with them.

Neat, I just noticed the Bloody Harvest Barrels have Jack-o-lantern's on them. I don't remember seeing them like that, just for Halloween ?

Zukuu

Banned
Played through normal and TVHM and the game is severely less fun than BL 2. It lacks soul and the level design is all around awful. Terrible investment.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Played through normal and TVHM and the game is severely less fun than BL 2. It lacks soul and the level design is all around awful. Terrible investment.

I can't speak to the level design since I'm still not through my normal playthrough but the combat is a lot better due to the addition of low gravity and increased mobility options. I'm playing a melee Athena and it's a ton more fun so far than melee Zero. Borderlands 2 didn't have good level design to begin with, so I'm not expecting much with TPS. So far it's been fun though.

GamerSoul

Looks like there's going to be a UVHM in this one too:

Ill be ready for that uvhm, my Athena isn't perfect but it will be interesting to see if she can hold up.

I think I've settle on playing Wilhem next. I'm pretty Nisha would be more fun but I don't see as much people playing wil.

petghost

Banned
Went back to play some bl2. Damnnnn that game is a blast and I'm having quite a bit more fun playing it compared to tps. I think several things contribute to that: I find the characters more interesting, there are a ton of fun, tightly packed and easily accessible maps to mob on, I like uvhm and op levels gameplay compared to tvhm and the amount of content is obviously quite a bit greater.

Might check back in on tps once they add a bunch of endgame stuff like uvhm and dlcs. The movement options were a good addition but I'm not sure they go far enough.

BigDug13

Went back to play some bl2. Damnnnn that game is a blast and I'm having quite a bit more fun playing it compared to tps. I think several things contribute to that: I find the characters more interesting, there are a ton of fun, tightly packed and easily accessible maps to mob on, I like uvhm and op levels gameplay compared to tvhm and the amount of content is obviously quite a bit greater.

Might check back in on tps once they add a bunch of endgame stuff like uvhm and dlcs. The movement options were a good addition but I'm not sure they go far enough.

For me it's the animals. Skags, stalkers, varkids, bullymongs, rakks, threshers. Compared to stupid rock lizards and stupid non-morphing tork bugs, there's no contest which game had a better variety of enemies. That's not even going into the various robots, bandits that level up, etc.

Now once you get back to the moonbase it gets a lot better. The various raider types reminds me of the various soldier types from Atlas in General Knoxx. Then there's the guardians. But yeah...on the moon it's kinda lame as far as enemy variety.

Still a decent game but pales in comparison to 2.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I think the combat mechanics in TPS are a lot better. The shooting is pretty much the same but add in lasers and frost weapons, as well as low-grav jumping and butt slams, and firefights become a lot more dynamic and exciting.

The enemy variety in TPS hasn't been as great as BL2 so far, and the level design is a little bland. I also do prefer the classes in BL2, who seem like more fun to play, but even with those shortcomings TPS is a fun game.

hoggert

Gunplay and movement are great. The scaling on items is spot on as well. Found a Torgue Shotgun with perfect stats at level 35, and it ended up lasting me to level 45. Had to finally retire it vs the insane health pool of certain Dahl troopers near the end.

I enjoyed my first playthrough solo as Nisha, but on my second and third playthroughs with Claptrap, a lot of the problems became much more apparent. Level design, bizarre side quest unlocks, the lead up to the Bosun, etc... I was going to do a write up a bit comparing the journey to Bosun and the Hunting the Firehawk quest line in BL2 since they share a lot in common, but figured why aggravate myself further. Two zones of side tracking to unlock doors and some of the most amateurish quest design I've made myself suffer through in a while.

shiba5

I really dislike the quests that should be straight forward that turn into a bunch of, "Go Here, hit this switch. That didn't work! Now go over there and push that button." So right there, getting to the Bosun is much less fun than hunting the Firehawk.

Ricker

Cant beat the last Boss at level 29 with my Lawbringer...came close once but man,so much shit going on on screen lol,makes me dizzy...I cant imagine that fight with 4 players lol,must be crazy...guess I will try my luck with the Shift codes,maybe I will get a nice purple and level to 30...otherwise I will have to try with my nephew later today...(360)...he has a level 30 Wilhen.

I presume the Last Boss is that Sentinel girl right...?

Sothpaw

Wait a minute, so the first DLC included in the season pass is a character? We got 4 campaigns with the BL2 DLC season pass correct? I kinda feel cheated; assuming that we get a character instead of a campaign as the first piece of the season pass.

Wait a minute, so the first DLC included in the season pass is a character? We got 4 campaigns with the BL2 DLC season pass correct? I kinda feel cheated; assuming that we get a character instead of a campaign as the first piece of the season pass.

TPS season pass is 4 DLC plus that character. Don't know if there are going to be more characters.

maouvin

TPS season pass is 4 DLC plus that character. Don't know if there are going to be more characters.

Actually, the wording they used didn't imply that the 4 DLCs are all campaigns. It's just 4 $9.99 DLCs. By the pricing, a slot could be "wasted" on a new character, then, but not on UVHM or small things like headhunter packs/costumes.

If we get two characters (Jack and, probably, the supposed Hammerlock's sister) and two Tiny Tina's tier campaigns I'd be more than happy, though. I don't need things like BL2 DLC3 again.

edit:

2K and Gearbox Software announced today that Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel will offer four add-on content packs following the release of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC. The four add-on content packs will encompass new characters, challenges, missions, and experiences. As Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel nears completion and the team shifts its focus to add-on content, additional details will be announced as development progresses. Each add-on content pack will retail individually for $9.99 on all available platforms.

Additionally, the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass bundles the four add-on content packs at a discounted rate. Priced at $29.99, theBorderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass includes access to all four of the add-on content packs – a $39.96 value – and will be available for purchase when Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel releases on October 14, 2014 in North America and October 17, 2014 internationally. Once purchased, the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass enables the download of all included add-on content packs as they become available on the PlayStation Network, Xbox LIVE and PC.

Sothpaw

Actually, the wording they used didn't imply that the 4 DLCs are all campaigns. It's just 4 $9.99 DLCs. By the pricing, a slot could be "wasted" on a new character, then, but not on UVHM or small things like headhunter packs/costumes.

If we get two characters (Jack and, probably, the supposed Hammerlock's sister) and two Tiny Tina's tier campaigns I'd be more than happy, though. I don't need things like BL2 DLC3 again.

OK that's what I thought. Kinda sucks for me considering I will not get around to playing the new characters; but that is my fault for presuming that I would get 4 campaigns just like in BL2. Agreed though, BL2 DLC3 was trash. The headhunter missions were way better.

jelmerjt

Four campaign addons? Highly, highly unlikely.

According to VG247:

Although we don’t know all DLC plans, the pass will also include a new story campaign, a level cap boost and at least one additional character, who may or may not be this allegedly leaked Baroness class.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/02/bor...-doppelganger-character-dlc-coming-next-week/

And from Reddit:

This is a post to remedy any questions and common misconceptions people have about the Season Pass and why they won't get it, and to convince you that Gearbox knows what they're doing, you won't be disappointed.

Firstly, if you want to know the purest of information about the DLC, watch the Gearbox Panel that was at PAX Australia on Sunday. I was there at the panel and the guys announced the Handsome Jack DLC as well as giving details about what the Season Pass would include.

The Season Pass will include:

The Handsome Jack Character Pack
The Second Character Pack (Rumoured to be Auralia the Baroness)
One Level Increase Pack (With extra content/challenges like BL2's digistruct peak)
One Campaign Addon

On the subject of the campaign addon, Randy Pitchford said that this would be a huge effort for both Gearbox and 2K Australia, and that it would be on the levels of Tiny Tina's DLC, if not better.

This is not to say there won't be additional DLC not included in the Season Pass. Borderlands 2 did not include any characters or the second level cap increase, or the headhunter packs that were later released.

Finally, they also said at the panel that they would be doing free events from time to time, the first of which was the Halloween event that just finished. They are planning to fix their endgame and they will continue providing content even if you do not purchase the Season Pass.

You are allowed to have your opinion that you won't buy the Season Pass, but don't use false evidence. Hopefully this post will relieve some confusions on the topic.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/2l7gyd/the_definitive_explanation_on_the_pre_sequels/

Seanspeed

Banned
That's a bit disappointing. I don't tend to do multiple playthroughs with different characters, so I don't get much use out of extra characters usually. Much prefer the 'expansion' DLC's in Borderlands, which are some of the best in the business usually.

I might have to skip on this game, or at least wait til its a fair bit cheaper.

maouvin

That's a bit disappointing. I don't tend to do multiple playthroughs with different characters, so I don't get much use out of extra characters usually. Much prefer the 'expansion' DLC's in Borderlands, which are some of the best in the business usually.

Aye, me too. Jack doesn't seem interesting to me, and we don't know much of Aurelia yet.
Buuut I already got the season pass because I found it for cheap, so I'll just deal with it.

cHinzo

Exactly my thoughts when I read the description of the season pass. I always stick with only one character in a Borderlands game and prefered more campaigns. Prolly gonna only get the level cap increase and the extra campaign when it goes on sale. No need to buy a season pass for two extra characters. :d

GamerSoul

I might have to skip on this game, or at least wait til its a fair bit cheaper.

Yea that's why I'm probably going to wait to see what's next for dlc before purchasing it. Jack looks fun but 30 up front fun? Lol we'll see. Maya was my main in BL2 and I had a hard time playing someone else until I bought the Gaige dlc who was just as awesome. Just before TPS came out I also gave Salvador a try and I loved gunzerking a lot. I feel bad for not using him earlier. Overall Maya was still my choice but I'm glad I gave the others a try.

Imo, TPS definitely worth playing but I don't blame you for waiting. It's not because of the price difference but hopefully by that time we'll have more farmable bosses, a level cap increase, uvhm, and more of the little issues ironed out.

petghost

Banned
How long you think the wait is gonna be for a potential bl3? I'd imagine that they plan on one because the franchise has done well for them but they seem like they might be occupied at the moment doing that Moba thing.

Sothpaw

Four campaign addons? Highly, highly unlikely.

One campaign would be a total ripoff for me. But that's what I get for not looking into the detail of the season pass enough.

Ditto. I am just too busy to level up another character from scratch. I do love maxing out and playing add on campaigns with my one character though; Wilhelm in this case

shiba5

How long you think the wait is gonna be for a potential bl3? I'd imagine that they plan on one because the franchise has done well for them but they seem like they might be occupied at the moment doing that Moba thing.

I'd guess late 2016 at the very earliest but probably more like Fall 2017.

cHinzo

I'd guess late 2016 at the very earliest but probably more like Fall 2017.
3 more years?! Damn, I hope 2016 will be the latest when releasing Borderlands 3. Or at least gimme a Brothers in Arms in the meantime. ;_; There are sadly not many similar games like Borderlands, where u can hunt for loot in a co-op fps rpg.

shiba5

3 more years?! Damn, I hope 2016 will be the latest when releasing Borderlands 3. Or at least gimme a Brothers in Arms in the meantime. ;_; There are sadly not many similar games like Borderlands, where u can hunt for loot in a co-op fps rpg.

I hope I'm wrong, but from what I've read they are only in the very early stages of planning. I like TPS for the most part, but I don't see it lasting me 2-3 years like BL2.

Ricker

2 out of 4...level cap and story add-on is great but paying for 2 extra characters...guess I will just get the campaign add-on and cap...

GamerSoul

I hope I'm wrong, but from what I've read they are only in the very early stages of planning. I like TPS for the most part, but I don't see it lasting me 2-3 years like BL2.

Yea that's my concern. if it was really suppose to hold us over until 3, they have some work to do. I still think this game has the potential to be even better.

On a side note, I was able to find find a legendary to drop from some torks at R&D. The Bonus Package. So it is possible. Lol

Is there any good place to grind or search for specific equipment for my gunslinger?

Because as it is I can't find any guns or shields worth a damn. And even though I'm killing endless hordes, she's barely leveling up at the speed the story wants me to. It makes these boss battles in the end very frustrating when I'm dying in a couple of hits and they're spawning never ending armies of over leveled minions.

shiba5

Is there any good place to grind or search for specific equipment for my gunslinger?

Because as it is I can't find any guns or shields worth a damn. And even though I'm killing endless hordes, she's barely leveling up at the speed the story wants me to. It makes these boss battles in the end very frustrating when I'm dying in a couple of hits and they're spawning never ending armies of over leveled minions.

What level are you?

Top Bottom