• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

Mistel

Banned
In BL2, when you kill his double, the double reverts back to a guy who looks nothing like Jack. In TPS, there are a series of Echos in Jack's office that tell how the double underwent surgery to look exactly like Jack.
Multiple doubles most probably, both are engineers one is surgically modified to be identical other is just hologram stuff.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The first half of the game is quite boring imo. It really picks up steam walf-way till the end.

I thought the same thing. It's like two different games - the second half being more "traditional" BL2. My husband is not liking it so I am having to drag his character along so that we can get to
Helios
where I think he will start enjoying it.

That's good to hear, I'll look out for the second half of the game. So far I'm just enjoying having whole new maps and missions to explore within the Borderlands 2 engine. It would have been nice to have gotten a completely new engine but all things considered more BL2 is pretty great.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I might be the only person not interested in playing as Jack. He's a great villain but he just seems like the blandest player character I've seen so far. Much more interested in the second bonus character they revealed.

BigDug13

I might be the only person not interested in playing as Jack. He's a great villain but he just seems like the blandest player character I've seen so far. Much more interested in the second bonus character they revealed.

Like any other character, his action skill will make or break him. So if they do a great job on his action skill and trees, he will be fine.

petghost

Banned
Lol money is power sounds hilarious. Also like a like toned down anarchy without the negative effect. Of course the stack cap is way higher than gaiges so At 999 stacks I bet he could do some gnarly damage.

Very tempted to give Jack a go after seeing the Free Enterprise tree. I generally swap weapons constantly in battles anyway so a tree that rewards you for doing so is mighty appealing.

J. Bravo

lol i think i messed up something in my game. not in a bad way tho. i was messing around with gibbed, just experimenting with the weapon creator. found out that after u select the first part, only possible parts are available in the following drop down menus. thats not my point. i made an ol thorny rosie to see what the hype was about (it's just a lazer gun at lvl 28, nothin special imo), but after i chucked it i realized that my other weapons had increased in power.

i think what happened was i hit the sync button to sync all weapons to char level, because now my e-gun has like 120 base power instead of the 49 or w/e it had at lvl 23ish when i first got it. i'm not complaining, because it's making tvhm significantly easier, but i also haven't found an upgrade yet :(

edit: quick question: is it possible to get luneshine bonuses on legendaries?
edit 2: just answered my own question when i grinded some shit and a cat o nine tails came out with 3% to max shields. this laser is aewsome lol.

cHinzo

Was searching for a second lvl 50 legendary to use in the grinder. Took me like 3 hours and 5 legendaries which were below 50 at Iwajira to get my 2nd lvl 50 legendary. Ugh, wish they just gave u lvl 50 stuff instead of 48 and 49 when you're maxed out on levels.

Took me almost 2 hours to get my Bonus Package, but I finally got the one I like (x10, sticky homing with the biggest radius). Stupid Torks!

BigDug13

Lol money is power sounds hilarious. Also like a like toned down anarchy without the negative effect. Of course the stack cap is way higher than gaiges so At 999 stacks I bet he could do some gnarly damage.

If it's 0.25% per stack, at 999 stacks, you're looking at 249.75% bonus damage. Actually really good considering there is zero accuracy penalty like Gaige.

J. Bravo

If it's 0.25% per stack, at 999 stacks, you're looking at 249.75% bonus damage. Actually really good considering there is zero accuracy penalty like Gaige.

what about when u have to buy ammo? i guess you could just open every box. that sounds shitty, especially in low g lol.

WisK

Neo Member
How do you make Nisha more survivable? Im in tvhm and I had to switch from a Fan the Hammer/Riflewomen built to a Law & Order/Fan the Hammer one just so I wasnt dieing constantly. It helped some but It still seems like a light breeze is enough to down me.

BigDug13

How do you make Nisha more survivable? Im in tvhm and I had to switch from a Fan the Hammer/Riflewomen built to a Law & Order/Fan the Hammer one just so I wasnt dieing constantly. It helped some but It still seems like a light breeze is enough to down me.

She's definitely the glass cannon of Borderlands. Probably least survivable of any class ever. Makes up for it with incredible damage output with the right build. Maybe a good absorb shield? The incredible amount of lasers held by enemies makes it super tough in this game at times, since every laser basically melts you with DoT damage and it's already an overpowered gun type to start with.

Maybe drink Moxxi's drink that gives 20% defense could help a tiny bit for 30 minutes at a time?

WisK

Neo Member
Give her a turtle shield or adaptive shield with high adaption chance to help with the elemental DOT from lasers.

I gave her a turtle shield with the thinking that the health reduction would allow me to get Order stacks faster. I have no idea if thats how that actually works or if its hurting me more than it helps

Mistel

Banned
I gave her a turtle shield with the thinking that the health reduction would allow me to get Order stacks faster. I have no idea if thats how that actually works or if its hurting me more than it helps
It does make it work faster less max health means less to loose to gain a stack of order.

cHinzo

An adaptive shield boosts her survivability by a lot. Most purple adaptive shields have great capacity, low recharge delays, gives extra HP and percentage elemental resistance.

5pbuMuk.jpg
Just got this from the grinder after a rediculous amount of tries. Pretty proud of it though. It has the best pre-fix and luneshine on it.

Have you checked out Athena's Ceraunic tree?

I'm actually playing as Athena as my main, although I invested more in the Phalanx tree cos I played as the Siren in BL2 and I wasn't really up for going heavy elemental again. I have hit lvl 25 recently so I might invest more into Ceraunic a bit, especially the weapon swap ability.

J. Bravo

i really wish there was a way to edit fast travel points in gibbed. i apparently missed the one in eleseer and don't feel like walking all the way back to fight the raid boss...

hoggert

Trying joining someone else's game or having a friend fast travel you there. That's the only way I was able to get access with Nisha, even after the hotfix.

BigDug13

i really wish there was a way to edit fast travel points in gibbed. i apparently missed the one in eleseer and don't feel like walking all the way back to fight the raid boss...

Isn't there a way to edit your starting position so that you spawn right at the interior of that zone entrance? I was able to fake my way into the creature slaughterdome that way on PC BL2.

Apt101

Was there an update that changed Nisha? I didn't play for a week. I come back tonight and not only does she feel incredibly weak, but her special skill seems to miss half the shots. This is frustrating. I think I'll just cheat my way through the story. Shame. I was really enjoying the game until now.

cHinzo

Don't think there are any updates out yet. Else they would have fixed a ton of bugs. Nisha does have a bug with the Celestial Lawbringer mod though. She get 2 to 3 times as many bonusses from the mod than normally lol. Boosts her damage up by quite a bit.

ctfg23

Does anyone else have a problem with Nisha's showdown skill where the camera sometimes goes up while shooting? It's super annoying.

shiba5

Does anyone else have a problem with Nisha's showdown skill where the camera sometimes goes up while shooting? It's super annoying.

Her action skill will sometimes lock on to projectiles, and the aimbot will occasionally bug out and even track them into the ground.

Bloody Harvest event going on this weekend.:

It's Bloody Harvest time on Elpis and exploding pumpkins has never been so much fun! Head over to Regolith Range and pay (Un)deadlift a visit for your chance to score an exclusive Bloody Harvest Jack-o'-Cannon!

But that's not all. While you're in Regolith Range, blast pumpkins (with Scavs attached) out of orbit, blow up some Bloody Harvest barrels, and collect candy cash all along the way. The Bloody Harvest won't be around forever though, so hop on Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and join in on the Harvest festivities now through November 2!

Source: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/comm...nds-the-pre-sequel-bloody-harvest-celebration

According to Facebook, it's live now.

Apt101

Don't think there are any updates out yet. Else they would have fixed a ton of bugs. Nisha does have a bug with the Celestial Lawbringer mod though. She get 2 to 3 times as many bonusses from the mod than normally lol. Boosts her damage up by quite a bit.

I don't know what happened, but I unequipped everything and re-equipped, then respecced, and her damage is back to normal and I'm not missing half my shots. Just a bug I happened to get I suppose.

Just got the Boganella. It reminds me so much of experiences I've had with real life bigan females. I am having a much better and more fun time with Athena than Claptrap. He is way too random, especially at the end.

GamerSoul

Looks like '(un)Deadlift' drops a shotgun that shoots pumpkins or something? I won't be able to check it out till tomorrow.

Yea it looks pretty great and had a crazy blast radius. AT this rate though I don't think I can beat that guy without better gear. At least a nice shield.

GamerSoul

It's got reduced ammo consumption too compared to other tourge barrel shotguns.

yea i saw it in action on youtube. Not bad at all. Right now I'm getting downed way to frequently to take him down. if anything ill get one on normal mode just to have.

Sorry been busy so its a little late :(

Sadly I do not, but I do have doubles! So if you are on the PS3 I could give them to you :)

I appreciate it! but im on the 360 sadly:/ Thanks though.

Just got this from the grinder after a rediculous amount of tries. Pretty proud of it though. It has the best pre-fix and luneshine on it.

Nice I could definitely use one of those with my melee Athena. I'm trying to come up with a "Sub Zero" Melee Athena concept but I'm not sure how it will hold up in most most situations.

Edit: I was finally able to beat Deadlift and got the Jack-o-Canon! Once I figured out a way to hide until he came near me (Melee Athena :3) AND I got my hand on a shield with electric immunity it became a bit easier.

GamerSoul

So only one new item for the event? Damn, was hoping for some heads at least.

From what I've read, yea. I hope they do more of the events! I want my Turkey SMGs.

Yesterday night I joined a random game and I swear I saw a player who was at level 57. My game froze on the join in screen though. Very random

Woot. I finally made it to level 50 by joining a random game where they were taking out the raid Boss. :D I can cross that off my list. I love joining random games..for the most part.

cHinzo

Nice I could definitely use one of those with my melee Athena. I'm trying to come up with a "Sub Zero" Melee Athena concept but I'm not sure how it will hold up in most most situations.

I would recommend this gun for ur melee build. A crit is a guaranteed freeze, it always comes with the bonus melee damage and it has a special ability if u melee the frozen targets.

GamerSoul

I would recommend this gun for ur melee build. A crit is a guaranteed freeze, it always comes with the bonus melee damage and it has a special ability if u melee the frozen targets.

:D yea thanks I just got it. It really adds some range to my Melee Athena. Now I can attempt to freeze them then bloodrush at a greater distance.

I almost forgot about it because I wanted to wait until level 50 to get it. It's one badass gun, so far it feel great to use and I normally do not like Railgun types. That bonus melee damage is great too.

Top Bottom