• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

LotusHD

Banned
Nah.. but I think they deserve more BFF moment.

Seriously anime need to rethink about how best friend can only among same gender.

Ironically Natsu and Lucy were probably a good example of this, what with Natsu always crashing at her place, but as we all know, they got shipped to oblivion as a result.

Yado

I must be the only person who doesn't care for Himawari, she seems to act like a toddler when she's clearly much older. It's not cute.

Sakura still knows Naruto know better than anyone bar Sasuke. Sasuke and Naruto are more like brothers.
not anymore...

Besides missions the kids barely interacted and now Naruto has been married for more then 13 years so he has had more experience there then all of his life in part 1 and part 2 of Naruto.

LotusHD

Banned
I must be the only person who doesn't care for Himawari, she seems to act like a toddler when she's clearly much older. It's not cute.

The only thing she has going for her is a meme, so not much to care about.

not anymore...

Besides missions the kids barely interacted and now Naruto has been married for more then 13 years so he has had more experience there then all of his life in part 1 and part 2 of Naruto.

The main story was during those years so not only is your point irrelevant but also redundant as Sakura was also in the village all that time. She still calls Naruto a dear friend in Gaiden and Naruto still calls her Sakura-chan.

The main story was during those years so not only is your point irrelevant but also redundant as Sakura was also in the village all that time. She still calls Naruto a dear friend in Gaiden and Naruto still calls her Sakura-chan.

lol it isn't irrelevant?

Who was it that gave Naruto that speech after Neji died and Naruto was in disarray?

A partner would know you a lot more then a friend, well hopefully. Plus Sakura wasn't even that close to Naruto until Team 7. One of the whole reasons as to why people hated on Sakura was because she barely understood him.

Sasuke was the one that called her out on it. Plus she still didn't understand the kid in Shippuden and did that false confessions.

Mantis, please Sakura isn't no saint.

No one was close to Naruto before Team 7, apart from Iruka. Team 7 were his first bonds.

Wouldn't Naruto's own wife know him now better than anyone???

That would be Sasuke.

Plus she was obsessed with him as kids.

Means nothing when she rarely talked to him or was not there alongside his endeavours. Iirc Hinata was one of the lowest panel times out of the K11. (Team 8 all around were low).

eh, she may be more oblivious. Her behavior is more in line with a child about half her age. Isn't she around the same age Hanabi was in part 1?

She isn't oblivious, she was literally caring for her brother when he was facing against Hanabi. Also Hanabi as a kid was harshly being groomed to be the successor, to toughen up. I mean as a kid she isn't whining or being annoying.

She literally only hugs her brother and asks him stuff like a sibling would do. I don't know if her and Hanabi were the same age though.

Morlas

also i'd argue that hinata "got" naruto more than anybody when they were younger, she might not have spent the most time with him but i feel she understood him the most

theWB27

No one was close to Naruto before Team 7, apart from Iruka. Team 7 were his first bonds.

That would be Sasuke.

Means nothing when she rarely talked to him or was not there alongside his endeavours. Iirc Hinata was one of the lowest panel times out of the K11. (Team 8 all around were low).

And sakura couldn't tell naruto had moved on from her when she tried to play him on sasuke? Despite all that time they spent together.

To my knowledge...hinata still kept an eye on naruto despite different teams. You dont have to be close to someone constantly to know everything about them. Sakura proves that.

Neither could a lot of the fanbase.
Sure dude, some imaginary floating eye.

Exhibit A
Exhibit B
What the director says in Exhibit B at the end says it all.

Sorry I'll get back on topic!

Oh come on man. I don't think that's the case anymore.

Stop living in the past!

Thats SP filler. If you want to use that, might as well use all those filler NaruSaku scenes.

Stop living in fanfic. Watch the latest Boruto movie. Sasuke and Naruto will always understand each other better than anyone else simply due to the journey they've been on together that has made them what they are today.

also i'd argue that hinata "got" naruto more than anybody when they were younger, she might not have spent the most time with him but i feel she understood him the most

hahahaha

Neither could a lot of the fanbase.
Sure dude, some imaginary floating eye.

Thats SP filler. If you want to use that, might as well use all those filler NaruSaku scenes.

Stop living in fanfic. Watch the latest Boruto movie. Sasuke and Naruto will always understand each other better than anyone else simply due to the journey they've been on together that has made them what they are today.

hahahaha
Sorry man but I think you're living in some delusional world when it comes to this stuff.

But we all have our opinions. However uh different it may be.

Sorry man but I think you're living in some delusional world when it comes to this stuff.

But we all have our opinions. However uh different it may be.

Opinions aside, its in the manga and latest movie. Nice sidestep.

i'm just gonna lay this out here, adult sasuke is so much better than teen sasuke it isn't even funny

Followed closely by Hebi Sasuke

Screen_Shot_2016-04-22_at_21.44.30.jpg

ghstwrld

But for real, Naruto and Sasuke weren't even friends, Sasuke was just very pretty, and Naruto was a creepy stalker.

I think the biggest wasted potential relationship was oddly enough Naruto and Sakura.
They should have dumped the pairing crap at the beginning of part 2 and focused on them being close friends. There was little bits of it here and there, like in the last movie, but it should have had a bigger spotlight.

It would also be nice to see them interact in Boruto as really close friends.

but it is though

most especially through all of the shippuuden sections

MartyStu

i'm just gonna lay this out here, adult sasuke is so much better than teen sasuke it isn't even funny

Goes without saying. While it is very easy to follow the path most of the characters took into adulthood, Sasuke's is the most opaque. To the extreme benefit of his character.

EhoaVash

Blegh they're going to stick with that dumb sarada design from the ikemoto manga. Just why
T_T

Anyway this last episode was eh. I still feel like both of these characters are going to be super forgotten/left behind soon unless they're part of team metal lee.

Also lol at the shipping still going on But I agree hokage Naruto is way too serious, where's that goofy ass nucklehead ninja :( even when Jariya was almost twice the age of Hokage Naruto, dude still had a great sense of humor

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Gaiden was the only time throughout any boruto material I actually felt like naruto was being naruto
Because that was one of the few times Naruto could be naruto, Naruto is basically President and has to act like one he's trying to be obama, not Donald trump

The Hokage is not what is used to be, blame Kakashi and his reformist/modern agenda.
Pretty much a President now in charge of other affairs beyond ninja stuff. Naruto eased up near the end of the Boruto the movie.

Dadsuke is a much much much better character than his younger self but still lol at him leaving his daughter for 10 years.

I remember when folks kept trying to make excuses for him, "oh he's in another dimension" "he's just too busy". They have fucking phones and they established he can stay in contact with Naruto. Now just recently they had Naruto flat out ask Sasuke to come back and chill for a bit, come on son.

Top Bottom